Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096106 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9120 on: December 07, 2015, 11:11:01 am »

so uhh in a test to get my spider-lady/necromancer registered to a dwarf fort I found out the main reason the place is loaded with named citizen crundles.
some how during my fort mode build of the site there was a cave in underground. which I guess open up a bunch of cavern people and lead to some crundles to kill off drone ant people.
doing so lead to them getting famous and citizenship.
so now I got a single spider lady trying to join a fort that a bunch of crundles did before her.

That's a intriguing bug.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: December 07, 2015, 11:12:58 am »

Does a bug count as a bug when it involves arachnids?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9122 on: December 07, 2015, 11:28:29 am »

kinda screwed up first impressions by retiring her there first and thinking yup toady totally didn't fix the whole 'friendly' hostile flag for residents who aren't apart of the main dwarf group thus fall into the "units pissed off that dwarves started to embark on their land" coding.
someone mention you can totally sign them in by talking to the mayor/leader which spark a small sense of hope.
find out nah doesn't work.
this is just 42.01 and kinda want to retire fira better than standing around on grass watching dwarves bind her quires with out performing.
besides... she a legendary Spider-Dancer than a Spider-singer.
oh well gonna just glump and accept she wrote 4 weird books
one being a 5 chapter novel called the biles of seducing and the universe about a goblin fortress of that name.

like I'm fine with this end for my first saved adventurer.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9123 on: December 07, 2015, 12:32:36 pm »

Hmmm, not sure if this is true or not but I've noticed on my hill ogre adventurer that there seems to be some kind of mandatory skill-level for bandit leaders - right now they seem scary competent, whereas in the previous version they weren't that much more difficult than the generic goons. It helps that they don't run away immediately when engaging but a few times I had to deal with leaders that I couldn't get a single scratch on. My ogre seems lucky enough to have survived more than a few of them, although he died fighting a bandit boss who was also a psychic - head crushed with a silver mallet.

I notice there's also a bit more random, weird situations happening. I was chasing a naga maceman whose arm I lopped off, and I eventually found him trying to fight off a few treants. Both died rather quickly (throwing is still OP, and wood doesn't hold up well against even a copper macuahuitl), but it was a nice surprise to see more hostiles popping up while I was purging a bandit camp.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: December 07, 2015, 12:48:55 pm »

Filthy bogeymen got some lucky hits in and chipped some of my previously-unbeatable vampire goblin's bones, causing him to fall over and drop his weapon. He was overwhelmed shortly after, with nothing but a shield to defend himself with.
I kinda wanted to settle him down in the town he had taken over earlier and then use another adventurer to kill him, but alas.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9125 on: December 07, 2015, 12:49:41 pm »

I've had it rather hit-and-miss. Some bandit leaders were pure canned death, others I snuck up on and insta-killed.

Though pretty much all the easy kills have been recent, so maybe it means I'M the canned death now.

Also, speaking of treants. One worldgen I tested that added a few extra secrets mingled with Adventurecraft led to a treant crafting a slab and teaching someone the power of the berserker.

Seems that the "can worship megabeasts" mechanic can cause oddities if a megabeast's spheres are valid secret spheres.

Filthy bogeymen got some lucky hits in and chipped some of my previously-unbeatable vampire goblin's bones, causing him to fall over and drop his weapon. He was overwhelmed shortly after, with nothing but a shield to defend himself with.
I kinda wanted to settle him down in the town he had taken over earlier and then use another adventurer to kill him, but alas.

And that is why I tend to disable the little bastards.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: December 07, 2015, 01:08:49 pm »

Oh yeah there is so much crazy shit going on.

Collection of some of my most "what the shit... is... why... how did... huh?" shots from this version.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lastly...

Excuse me sir, I'm trying to dance here, if you want to hit me you'll just have to wait in line behind the kid and the other vampire, I've got a very busy schedule, lots of zombie yeti brains to punch, we can't have you cutting in line.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: December 07, 2015, 01:16:47 pm »

Ow. Ow, my eyes. Why do 90% of available tilesets make everything all blurry? >_<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9128 on: December 07, 2015, 01:21:53 pm »

hmm kinda realize I didn't experiment with Necro-bards with bogeymen but I think it's even easier to get an army of zombie bogeyman now.

raise an army of zombies then tell them all to wait so when you enter fast travel you're alone. don't move to far from the zombie army * pile and wait out the cackling to come.
now you have an army of companion zombies to fight bogeymen and any bogeymen who dies means you can reanimate them now old way states you need to kill them all and then on the first moment of the cackling ending you reanimate them before their corpses poof.
like how you can write a book or poem in the middle of a dance you could possibly do the same... while in the cackling.
won't go back to necrobards to do this as well still no dancing Zombie-bogeymen in vanilla.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9129 on: December 07, 2015, 01:27:33 pm »

Ooh. OOOH. Fuck yes!

I've scoured almost every town on my map and finally found a library!

Wanna bet it'll be nothing but a dozen copies of Master of The Light of Day?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: December 07, 2015, 01:32:32 pm »

Ow. Ow, my eyes. Why do 90% of available tilesets make everything all blurry? >_<
Blurry? Because the pictures are scaled down, they're 1920x1080 and it's pixel crisp!

I bet the library will be full of murder and chaos.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: December 07, 2015, 01:33:56 pm »

Welp. I can't find the door. At all.

Bad game, such a tease. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: December 07, 2015, 01:36:55 pm »

Ugh, this is why I changed it so dorfs have -15 knowledge value and humans have +15, dorf libraries are impossible. Too cramped, too laggy.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: December 07, 2015, 01:38:40 pm »

Ugh, this is why I changed it so dorfs have -15 knowledge value and humans have +15, dorf libraries are impossible. Too cramped, too laggy.

Human libraries are also impossible. All sections accessible are just walls.

Don't tell me I gotta climb onto the roof to get in...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: December 07, 2015, 01:44:27 pm »

Not all of them are... just gotta keep at it sadly, they've got a much better layout.

I understand using the upstairs room for the taverns/libraries has a charm, but the pathing up and down the central ramp is atrocious. If they were down inside the main forts then the dorfs would come and go naturally, right now each time the map is loaded the dorfs down inside want to path up there, the random ones spawned up top want to path down.

Oh! I forgot to take a picture cause I was... hunting... but I came across a fort on a glacier with a TON of dorf and human astronomers and scholars just standing out on a hillside at night.

No clue if this was intentional or they were just en route, after awhile they headed inside the fort itself and their guards came with them, I was trying to isolate one to feed on but had no luck so I just went and grabbed a dorf in one of the downstairs bedrooms.
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 1104