Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096566 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8910 on: November 01, 2015, 03:54:05 pm »

Huh. I suppose it must be because outsiders don't actually have an entity, so just modding the raws will work.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: November 01, 2015, 04:18:31 pm »

Yeah. It seems that the animal people civ is the easiest to mess with post world-gen, and it's my go-to for dropping in new outsider races to play when desired.

If I recall, the indiv token should work just as well with the regular entities, and adventure_tier...may or may not work. I know I did that one time I belatedly realized I forgot to make goblins and kobolds playable in a world, but I'm not entirely sure.

Sorry, but no. I have done this before. Now to demonstrate, by testing the character creation screen both before and after adding INDIV_CONTROLLABLE to the animal people entity, as well as adding plump helmet men to their creature list...

While there are many tokens that won't work right post worldgen, these aren't among them. You can in fact become Marloss Man in that already-made world. :V
Maybe make plump helmet tissue a little stronger, plus give it the ability to heal, and there you go!

Doooo iiiiit. Better yet, and some fungifying interactions to it as natural powers... X3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: November 02, 2015, 01:31:15 am »

Do I hear spore-zombies?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: November 02, 2015, 11:01:21 am »

I'm sorely tempted to see about making a mod for this.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8914 on: November 02, 2015, 02:27:44 pm »

Tried boxing a Sasquatch as a Dwarven Luchador.

It didn't go well.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: November 02, 2015, 05:31:32 pm »

Tried boxing a Sasquatch as a Dwarven Luchador.

It didn't go well.
Shoulda used a bigger box.
« Reply #8916 on: November 02, 2015, 10:18:03 pm »

I am currently an ogre just wandering around the world, looking for humans to crush. I came upon a group on the world map so I stopped to check it out. It was a group of coyote people coming to attack my hometown. They tried to shoot at me, I think, but they missed, hit one of their own people in the back of the head and then dropped their weapons, yielding and running in all directions away from me. The only one left is the guy who took the bolt in the back of the head, who is unconscious.

I went back to my town to tell people about this group, but they followed me and when I stopped, I was surrounded and kinda accidentally moved into one, which attacked automatically by throwing a guy into another guy and sending them both flying into the guys behind them killing the first 3 and seriously wounding another two. After I finished all of them, I went to tell my friend the sheriff, but he didn't seem to care.

Instead he told me about a guy who was kidnapped years ago who may be held down in a human town beyond the mountains to the south. So I take a day to go down there. The humans are peaceful, despite my people and their people being at war. Though, I think they are criminals, as when I went into the basement of the guildhall, there was a wren-man slave begging for my help. I helped him and he began telling me of his people and how they were being oppressed by a violent army. He also mentioned his second eldest daughter. When I inquired about her further to find where I might take him, he told me she was the general of the army that was oppressing his people and that the war started over a dispute about the treatment of animals.

This world is cray.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:00:25 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: November 03, 2015, 12:26:33 am »

I decided to play as a peasant dwarf who would completely, how you say, snapped. I so far managed to level up agility and spatial sense to "High" and currently slaughtered almost 200 dwarves in insatiable bloodlust. Also Drunks are the rare people who fought back, making them the biggest threat to my adventure. I enjoy being the sociopath especially when leveling up your stats becomes easier as you kill.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8918 on: November 05, 2015, 08:17:35 pm »

So I booted up an old save and found myself in a group of companions made up of a chief medical wizard, a couple elves, more wizards, and  a lizard man thief.
Now  I starting to notice that while binding folks to your will prevents them form killing you. it doesn't stop them from getting along well with others and at times had a chief medical wizard throw fireballs at the lizard man or when recruiting more followers they just straight up stab a fool.
That all said I got 2 dingo people to join my group and I figured I should talk to the lizardman about them seeing he has a huge chip on his shoulder about them.
uhh
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I kinda flub getting Kitur to talk about the right dingo person he was attacking at the time... until the last second where he already killed her which I didn't know at the time prior asking. The news was revealing say to least.
Really love having companions in DF their much more entertaining than doing anything yourself.
Especially when they start asking each other to Yield and complying.(this happen before the dingo murdering)
I think this is dark ages mod I'm currently running.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: November 06, 2015, 12:05:49 am »

I have to admit, for some reason, I had you in mind when I made the dapper goblin for my bigasam racial graphics, Rummydear.

My adventures have mostly been drawing these/testing them out... I was quite surprised to see a goblin sitting up in an elf retreat until I noticed I missed one of the copy-paste entries I had done, least they're nice and recognizable at a glance.

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: November 06, 2015, 05:40:11 pm »

I helped a Dwarf liberate a Hamlet in an insurrection, gave him Lord, and then asked to be a hearthperson, to which he declined. Ungrateful son of a-

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8921 on: November 06, 2015, 07:16:54 pm »

stab him and become the true lord.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: November 06, 2015, 09:43:22 pm »

So I booted up an old save and found myself in a group of companions made up of a chief medical wizard, a couple elves, more wizards, and a lizard man thief.

What a second, this rings a bell. What is it now....

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: November 06, 2015, 10:05:07 pm »

make the adventurer Janeway and you got pretty much the group.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8924 on: November 07, 2015, 05:09:01 pm »

How to ghost urself?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 1104