Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094969 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8625 on: August 04, 2015, 01:43:50 pm »

So is there a reason I can be a kobold outsider and hold a conversation with a human?

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: August 04, 2015, 02:17:17 pm »

So is there a reason I can be a kobold outsider and hold a conversation with a human?

So far as I know, player characters can always speak, even if the creature they're playing as normally can't. I was able to do it back in 34.11 as well. I once body swapped into a cougar and had a pleasant conversation with the human I had been running around as.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: August 04, 2015, 03:09:49 pm »

So far as I know, player characters can always speak, even if the creature they're playing as normally can't. I was able to do it back in 34.11 as well. I once body swapped into a cougar and had a pleasant conversation with the human I had been running around as.
because you're possessing a kobold. you are talking through them not as them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: August 04, 2015, 04:46:50 pm »

That seems increasingly obvious as time goes by. Adventurers crying, eating things they would never eat as an NPC, the talking thing...

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: August 04, 2015, 05:27:22 pm »

...Okay then.

Good news, everyone! I found another one of my custom vampires!

The necro-vampire was designed to raise the dead (presumably those killed by it when it feeds) as a vampire-zombie hybrid. The results were not what I expected, the vampire itself was not intended to occupy a tower. furthermore, the animated ghouls are using weapons, specifically crossbows, something that so far as I know normal undead don't usually do.

Bad news, everyone! I'm fleeing for my life from a horde of semi-intelligent, crossbow-wielding vampire zombies!
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: August 04, 2015, 05:37:35 pm »

I dont know.  I mean, not having a larynx is kind of difficult to get around . . .

And some of the things you can say when praying, or talking to a baby, or other entity that allows self-answering is kind of meh.  ;)
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: August 04, 2015, 05:39:56 pm »

...Okay then.

Zombies in towers in 40.x use weapons and even some armor.  Tower zombies are in fact super perceptive as well.  Although there are ways of getting what you want out of the tower.
PKs DF Mod!

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: August 05, 2015, 01:29:50 am »

Zombies in towers in 40.x use weapons and even some armor.  Tower zombies are in fact super perceptive as well.  Although there are ways of getting what you want out of the tower.

Noted. But what's odd to me is this is the victim of a deity curse being treated like a vanilla necromancer in that it gets its own tower. I brought in the big gun and decided to raid one of these towers, both to appraise the vampiric ghoul's combat ability and to see just what their master was up to.

After reaching a tower, I quickly discovered the campfire maze method was not going to for a very simple reason; every single ghoul in the tower was rushing out to attack me.

Since I was in control of what's basically a Dwarven T-800, I decided to just get stuck in, figuring I'd make quick work of them. Boy, was I wrong.
Two hours in, I wasn't even halfway through that horde. Hadn't taken any damage, but it was slow work. Damn things wouldn't die until I cut off every means of attack on the body. I grew bored of it, but rather than bug out, I got creative. I created a minecart and proceeded to use it as Armok intended.

As entertaining as that was, it wasn't very effective, accounting for only six kills over the course of an hour. In retrospect, a metal cart probably would have done more damage. But damn if it wasn't fun while it lasted. Still, I wanted to get through this and still have time left in the day, so I had to use my head.
Literally.

After repeating that for about another hour, I was finally, finally done with ghouls, and went in to confront the master. But not before a quick search for anything of value.
Spoiler: Cleanup, Aisle 40.24 (click to show/hide)

She was pleasant enough at first, but when I mentioned going through her undead servants, she pulled a knife, I called her out as a vampire, and things went as you would expect.
Spoiler: A winner is me. (click to show/hide)
To her credit, she put up more of a fight than I expected. If I had been playing as a normal creature she might have won, considering I would have taken more of a beating to get to her.

Final score:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loot:
Negligible. I got some pretty clothes after picking through the corpses. Dyed cloth and gloves, two things I can't make on my own. But that's it. The necro-vampire didn't have any sort of slab or tome, nor did I expect her to have one since she came to be through a deity curse. So then why did she have a tower all to herself? She was a chieftess, of what I never bothered to ask, so perhaps her position as a group's leader is the cause? Or perhaps it's simply because she had so many ghouls under her command? It's hard to tell.

After resting for a few hours, I take one more look around the site, and to my disgust, I find more ghouls have appeared.
Spoiler: Really? Really. (click to show/hide)
I think I'm done here.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: August 07, 2015, 01:10:10 pm »

decided to test something out so I'm building a Base in the middle of the ocean using knowledge of site flag checks to make bridges into the sea, combine this with the bound command allowing me to recruit fallen soldiers and beasts.
so the prison test has turn into a Build Mother Base and name it Diamond Dwarfs go on dumb missions and recruit as many jerks to the cause.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: August 08, 2015, 05:18:30 pm »

I showed the trailer with Snake recruiting The Quiet and explained it to the missus as "Come with me, I'm grizzled as fuck!"

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: August 11, 2015, 05:23:47 pm »

I killed a roc, two titans, numerous night creatures, destroyed the main trading port of one of the human civilizations, have about 500 notable kills to my name.

Yet all people say is "it is inevitable", before I cut them down.

Where's my glory :(

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: August 11, 2015, 05:32:36 pm »

Ask people about someone, specifically you. You should be presently surprised.
One wheel short of a wagon

Capt. Snow

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Actually the worst adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: August 11, 2015, 09:46:26 pm »

I managed to convince the lady of a town to join my insurrection against her faction along with some random people I found in a house. Not sure what to do from here, and it also seems none of the guards seem to care that I burst in yelling how I own the castle.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: August 12, 2015, 10:28:31 pm »

I just ca me across a disturbing sight at the starting palace area area. Litteraly 5 z layers of a maze of rooms filled with bodies of dwarven and human peasants leading to a grand room filled with statues containing a casket and slab for the dead lord and husband of the current queen surrounded by skeletons and fresh corpses. I think I'm going to go kill this queen. Apparently it's called the crypt/ mass grave is called the Luxorious Sewers...

TL;DR The starting palace area had a crypt called the Luxorious Sewers that was a maze filled with piles of dead human and dwarven peasants all leading up to a grand halway that opens to a room containing the dead lord and husband to the current queen. The room contains rose gold pillars and casket (holds the lord)...
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

scenegg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: August 13, 2015, 07:39:18 am »

Does anyone have any good text adventurer mode tutorials for me? Or well.. the hotkeys or sommething ;-;.
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 1104