Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094748 times)

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7110 on: October 28, 2014, 01:28:29 pm »

I decided to jump into a well to see if I could get some water. Apparently the water inside it froze, and I now have a broken leg, a punctured lung, and I'm pretty sure I can't climb out. Ooops.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: October 28, 2014, 01:44:05 pm »

I decided to jump into a well to see if I could get some water. Apparently the water inside it froze, and I now have a broken leg, a punctured lung, and I'm pretty sure I can't climb out. Ooops.

You should still be able to wait/sleep however long which will instaheal the wounds.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: October 28, 2014, 01:46:28 pm »

I, a female dwarf, with my beloved companion, female goblin, slew night creature. I saved her life, because she was atacked and fall down because of pain. When she was uncorsiuous i killd beast and hide body into my backpack. She didn't know about what i did, so phantom rumors spraeding bug is fixed. She reacted for rumors correctly too. Evidence:

Sadly, whole song family looks like dead. :(
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: October 28, 2014, 02:19:12 pm »

I'm trying to track down this one vampire, who seems to be moving from site to site every two weeks. I get to the latest rumored site, and he's apparently left. What makes it harder is that he's currently moving between different forest retreats, which are hell to navigate, and also seem to lack elves, so I can't ask them about the vamp. This little adventure of mine is getting longer than I thought it would.

Edit: You know what this reminds me of? This reminds me of a different game, Sid Meier's Pirates. In it, there was one person who was constantly on the move, and was also the only way of advancing the plot, so you had to constantly chase him around whilst relying on rumors of where he is or has been; this vampire is more or less that guy.

Edit 2: I found him. Two months of travel, and I have FINALLY. FUCKING. CAUGHT HIM!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
IT BEGINS
...Stupid spearman, you stole my kill. Oh well, the deed is done, and this chapter in my character's history is ended.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:27:19 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: October 28, 2014, 10:55:56 pm »

I'm trying to track down this one vampire, who seems to be moving from site to site every two weeks. I get to the latest rumored site, and he's apparently left. What makes it harder is that he's currently moving between different forest retreats, which are hell to navigate, and also seem to lack elves, so I can't ask them about the vamp. This little adventure of mine is getting longer than I thought it would.

Edit: You know what this reminds me of? This reminds me of a different game, Sid Meier's Pirates. In it, there was one person who was constantly on the move, and was also the only way of advancing the plot, so you had to constantly chase him around whilst relying on rumors of where he is or has been; this vampire is more or less that guy.

Edit 2: I found him. Two months of travel, and I have FINALLY. FUCKING. CAUGHT HIM!

IT BEGINS
...Stupid spearman, you stole my kill. Oh well, the deed is done, and this chapter in my character's history is ended.

I'm trying to do that too, except it's an elf vampire that I want to add to my crew. Theres others that I'll have to track down as well.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: October 29, 2014, 04:35:34 am »

I must have very bad luck, i have not found any vampire presence rumour in any of the DF2014 worlds i played in.

I'm trying to do that too, except it's an elf vampire that I want to add to my crew. Theres others that I'll have to track down as well.
Are vampires working the same as in fortress mode ?
I mean if you go to sleep while having a vampire in your party, isn't it a bit dangerous ?

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: October 29, 2014, 05:47:34 am »

I must have very bad luck, i have not found any vampire presence rumour in any of the DF2014 worlds i played in.

Are vampires working the same as in fortress mode ?
I mean if you go to sleep while having a vampire in your party, isn't it a bit dangerous ?
Thank you. This idea needs science.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: October 29, 2014, 08:36:13 am »

Bad luck=no vampires.
Only in Dwarf Fortress.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: October 29, 2014, 11:04:53 am »

I'm loving the wait command, now I can have as many companions I want if I just store them in (a) base. I'm currently up to 16 travel companions on a fresh adventurer who hasn't killed a soul. most of them are elves and a few dwarves one being some lord/lady consort macedwarf.
So far I have no plans for what to do with an giant army but I kinda feel like I'm Big boss. Some highly likable lieutenant of an once two man army lead by a Proud D(^i)shmab Faithfulmountains.
it also helps adventurers looking for work are pathing through our base making recruitment a breeze.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: October 29, 2014, 11:42:08 am »

I'm loving the wait command, now I can have as many companions I want if I just store them in (a) base. I'm currently up to 16 travel companions on a fresh adventurer who hasn't killed a soul. most of them are elves and a few dwarves one being some lord/lady consort macedwarf.
So far I have no plans for what to do with an giant army but I kinda feel like I'm Big boss. Some highly likable lieutenant of an once two man army lead by a Proud D(^i)shmab Faithfulmountains.
it also helps adventurers looking for work are pathing through our base making recruitment a breeze.

Is your base a once-occupied people site or just an unusually busy forest path?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: October 29, 2014, 12:32:45 pm »

I'm loving the wait command, now I can have as many companions I want if I just store them in (a) base. I'm currently up to 16 travel companions on a fresh adventurer who hasn't killed a soul. most of them are elves and a few dwarves one being some lord/ladycountness consort macedwarf.

Is your base a once-occupied people site or just an unusually busy forest path?
I started in a camp as a lieutenant to Faithfulmountains. the place is in  smack middle between resort and a hillock where groups wander near the camp looking for work.
so the answer is both.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: October 29, 2014, 12:50:38 pm »

And companions you tell to "wait here" don't count as present companions?

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: October 29, 2014, 01:02:31 pm »

made a new adventurer in the latest version, massacred an entire hamlet with my spear because reasons.
i get hungry, butcher a villager and eat him, i think hooray for cannibalism!
later on i get hungry again, i spot a river, i see fish, i kill the fish, butcher it on land, then i think lets do 20 tiles of swimming to upgrade my swimming skill, i jump in the water.... the moment i hit the water it freezes and i die

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: October 29, 2014, 01:57:42 pm »

karma is coded in !
:D

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: October 29, 2014, 06:33:28 pm »

Wow. That's nice! I'll have to try this.
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1104