Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094953 times)

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4245 on: May 31, 2012, 06:08:12 am »

So, I just downloaded the Dwarf Chocolate mod, and started up a wizard adventurer.

Ran into some wolves.

Threw some fireballs.. and some molten iron chunks... choked.. slashed.. dissolved bones...

It took me forever to kill them.  :-\ I think I'll just curse them with baldness next time.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just got eaten by an alligator.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:11:27 am by Zale »

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: May 31, 2012, 05:13:22 pm »

I encountered a dwarf woman. I "examined" her, revealing these interesting bits of information:

"Her somewhat tall head is somewhat short."
"Her somewhat thick lips are somewhat thick."
I'm beginning to think that my adventurer is somewhat daft.

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: June 01, 2012, 07:38:54 pm »

I fought a camel. It survived having my companions pike lodged in its head while stabbed it as many times as I could. The camel kept going until it passed out, and even when I stabbed it in the face a few more times it still wouldn't die. Surprisingly, the only injuries were my companion missing a tooth.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: June 01, 2012, 07:44:16 pm »

Did it die? These things have AMAZING resilience. See The Scourge Of Canada the moose or that one homocidal duck.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:26:20 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: June 01, 2012, 08:09:50 pm »

You can alsways slit their throat. Best way to put something down that I know of.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: June 01, 2012, 08:55:36 pm »

Did it die? THese things have AMAZING resilience. See The Scourge Of Canada the moose or that one homocidal duck.

I did kill the camel eventually by kicking it in the head.
You can alsways slit their throat. Best way to put something down that I know of.
I did that a few turns before it died and it kept living.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: June 01, 2012, 09:08:07 pm »

Well they do have to bleed to death. It's just a guaranteed unrecoverable death by blood loss. Fairly quick, but it'll take a few turns depending on how much blood they had left in them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: June 02, 2012, 02:36:47 am »

Well they do have to bleed to death. It's just a guaranteed unrecoverable death by blood loss. Fairly quick, but it'll take a few turns depending on how much blood they had left in them.
also if you leave the area the game will unload units and "rest them" which means any severe wounds would heal back up.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: June 02, 2012, 03:21:45 am »

True. It actually respawns non-historical figures completely. It'll do that if you sleep/wait there too. Anything that causes the area to be reloaded.

It doesn't appear to work for historical figures, though. I've horribly mutilated a werebeast, came back a few days later and she was still injured in the same manner. It may stop bleeding, but lost limbs will still not be regenerated. Now, what should be tested is whether you can chop their arm/whatever off, wait for the full moon to come and go without visiting the site so it doesn't load them up, then come back. I highly doubt they'd regenerate the body part, but it's probably worth the ‼SCIENCE‼.
I make Spellcrafts!

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: June 02, 2012, 01:27:25 pm »

Got to the tower and beat up the zombies. All my companions died, which was not entirely unintended as I brought them to keep the zombies busy. (I could have drank the blood of the vampire I killed, I know, but I didn't care to. Besides, it's more fun this way.)

Now I'm trying to remember if I've heard of any acquired powers other than raise dead. That seems to be all that's in the few hundred books in this tower. (If anyone wants to pm me with an answer, feel free -- I don't know that I'll catch every reply in this thread. Yes, that was a shameless request to save me from having to scour the forums for info.)

A few of the other necromancers spotted me. You know they can be less dangerous than the zombies (I mean the zombies in enemy mode, not even the zombies when friendly/neutral)? Is that normal?

I'll probably run around exploring catacombs and tombs now, there are a lot of them in this world. Maybe I'll go see the other tower on the other end of the continent. Maybe I'll find out if necros are usually more dangerous than the few I killed in this tower.
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Mrmac23

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: June 02, 2012, 04:11:58 pm »

My human vampire was wandering the land when i discovered one of my old forts, Swordveil. Delighted, i began to explore. I was not expecting it to be as creepy as it was, and when i explored my old (flooded in a mad attempt to get last-minute vengeance on the goblins that defeated me) farm...
I met a forgotten beast. A giant spider made of water that had a venomous sting, to be precise.
I saw that it was made of water, deduced that it would be fragile enough to kill, and charged into battle. My very first slash cut off one of its legs.
That was also my last slash, as it then kicked me in the head, causing my skull to explode.
Considering the previously mentioned detail that it was made of water, this confused me quite a bit.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: June 02, 2012, 05:13:05 pm »

My human vampire was wandering the land when i discovered one of my old forts, Swordveil. Delighted, i began to explore. I was not expecting it to be as creepy as it was, and when i explored my old (flooded in a mad attempt to get last-minute vengeance on the goblins that defeated me) farm...
I met a forgotten beast. A giant spider made of water that had a venomous sting, to be precise.
I saw that it was made of water, deduced that it would be fragile enough to kill, and charged into battle. My very first slash cut off one of its legs.
That was also my last slash, as it then kicked me in the head, causing my skull to explode.
Considering the previously mentioned detail that it was made of water, this confused me quite a bit.
You've clearly never hopped into a river and started throwing handfuls of water at fish.

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: June 02, 2012, 07:39:04 pm »

I took down a bandit camp using the method of throwing stuff at people from stealth. The leader, who was the last bandit alive, noticed me, so I threw everything in my inventory at him and then punched him to death. My only weapon is now a bandit corpse.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: June 02, 2012, 09:09:31 pm »

Tried many, many times to get into a necromancer's tower and grab a secret-book, even resorting to the use of demigod adventurers. I wanted to do it without vampirism. Several dead adventurers later, I really hate how the zombies currently carry knives, crossbows, and axes. The zombies can even parry the blows of a master swordsman.

Along the way, I learned that you can fill "bags" with ~50 water, in order to carry more than 3 water in a waterskin.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: June 03, 2012, 12:07:28 am »

Tried many, many times to get into a necromancer's tower and grab a secret-book, even resorting to the use of demigod adventurers. I wanted to do it without vampirism. Several dead adventurers later, I really hate how the zombies currently carry knives, crossbows, and axes. The zombies can even parry the blows of a master swordsman.

Along the way, I learned that you can fill "bags" with ~50 water, in order to carry more than 3 water in a waterskin.

Throw rocks at the necros until the lowest level is clear, kill all the zombies, move carefully upstairs, repeat. That's what I did with my last adventurer, stealing the book was the first thing i did. Just takes a LOT of patience :p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1104