Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2054151 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2895 on: September 07, 2011, 10:45:24 am »

Oh, with the funeral it just conjured up a wonderful image in my head. That needs to be requested in the 'Draw your adventure' thread if you ask me.
I agree with this post.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: September 07, 2011, 04:06:53 pm »

I got to giving the elf a funeral. I arranged rocks and sand into the shape of an inverted cross in the middle of a beach, then I dropped the corpse near the end of the cross and drank the blood until I couldn't drink anymore. I then layed down his weapon and watched as the tide washed him away.
Heck, I ought to do this for a noble I kill, for a valiant companion that has died in combat, or for other notable humanoids that are found vanquished. Yes, that means my old adventurers or elves that are found dead.

UPDATE: I went to go kill a group of Bugbear bandits (Civ Forge) and killed the boss and all of his henchmen. Only problem is, I'm nowhere's near a beach. I guess I could set up piles of dirt in the shape of a cross, drag the Bugbear boss's corpse in the centre, and light the shrub under the boss's corpse. I would leave his weapon, but it's made of silver and is decorated, so I'm breaking the oath. I will leave his clothing, though.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:15:46 pm by UristMcHuman »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: September 08, 2011, 08:27:45 pm »

I was assigned to kill a kobold bandit. I decided to do it quick, clean, and without killing any of his buddies because those little guys are like adorable kleptomaniac puppies that are too stupid to eat.I get to the camp at night and sneak up all quiet light and see that there's a herd of gazelle kicking them all to death. I did everything I could but all the little cutebolds got wasted  :'( . It's not funny when other people kill cute things.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: September 09, 2011, 01:09:53 am »

That's just terrible... Poor cutebolds...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: September 09, 2011, 02:10:30 am »

SAVE THE ENDANGERED CUTEBOLDS!!!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: September 09, 2011, 05:03:36 am »

Can anyone explain why kobolds are cutebolds now>? I'm confused on that.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: September 09, 2011, 05:10:32 am »

Fanart depicts them as hapless creatures that just want friends and to eke out an existence. In DF they're almost a rarity because they're easily killed and struggle to survive, so people usually leave them alone.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: September 09, 2011, 05:27:21 am »

Fanart depicts them as hapless creatures that just want friends and to eke out an existence. In DF they're almost a rarity because they're easily killed and struggle to survive, so people usually leave them alone.

Said fanart makes their faces look like faces of unhappy puppies. Instant 'awww'.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: September 09, 2011, 05:48:54 am »

Can anyone explain why kobolds are cutebolds now>? I'm confused on that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Look at him, he's just a sad little man. He knows dorfs hate having lots of rocks so he just starts breaking rocks, maybe you'll let him be a dorf if he breaks enough rocks. He wants to be a dorf because dorfs can do lots of things, like dig. He can't dig, how can he feed his family if he can't dig? But when he walks up to a dorf to tell you how many rocks he broke you don't give him one of your precious socks or even make him a sandwich you chase him away because you are a bad person.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: September 09, 2011, 05:53:32 am »

Cuter = more fun to torture.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: September 09, 2011, 05:55:12 am »

No, don't listen to him! Lies! Ignore the cute, sweet little face, that tiny monster isn't just breaking rocks...
He's training to one day break dwarven skulls! >:(
He's evil! He must me exterminated! He... Aww... Look at 'is liddle eyes! And his-- *STAB* Argh my spine!!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: September 09, 2011, 06:01:53 am »

No, don't listen to him! Lies! Ignore the cute, sweet little face, that tiny monster isn't just breaking rocks...
He's training to one day break dwarven skulls! >:(
He's evil! He must me exterminated! He... Aww... Look at 'is liddle eyes! And his-- *STAB* Argh my spine!!
But the spine stabbing is super dorfy! He wants to stab spines, and torture children, and torture mermaids, and torture goblins, and sometimes admire your trade depot even though he sees it all the time.  If kittens could stab spines we wouldn't throw them into volcanoes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: September 09, 2011, 07:18:18 am »

The reason I asked that was:

My last adventure. Journeying alone to the Kobold Cave, an adventurer who was considered the greatest of heroes that vanquished the mightiest of titans and a GCS in a duel. I caught sight of a Kobold Peasant, holding a knife. I wondered what in the world it was doing by a cliffside. I peered over the edge, a hundred (It looks like that when you squint) of them were milling about moving their 'loot' and crafts.

I charged at the kobold, trying to start a fight. I toppled over the edge with him.

We fell 3 z-levels, I broke an arm, it did not. Then I was stabbity-stabbed by the ones below.

I should have known that, thank you and the rest for providing important information.

I will leave them alone. Now.

Edit: The picture posted is giving me a confusing image of what my adventurer's sight was when he woke up from his daze.

"Why did I charge at this cute little kobold?"

It holds up a knife in reply  :'(
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:20:19 am by Tiruin »

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: September 09, 2011, 04:59:04 pm »

Easily done in Genesis, I give them a funeral pyre. Both Night monsters/Vanquished foes and allies. They must all have an honorable funeral.
¨

How to you burn things in adventure mode. I would like to set my dead foes on fire, as a sign of respect.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: September 09, 2011, 05:01:58 pm »

How to you burn things in adventure mode. I would like to set my dead foes on fire, as a sign of respect.

You had me at, "set my dead foes on fire."
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 1104