Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102104 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2865 on: September 01, 2011, 09:45:19 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: September 01, 2011, 09:52:04 am »

The following page seems to have been scrawled rather hastily, and despite the best efforts of the author there are a few bloody thumb-prints smudged across it.
From the journal of Lipi Gospofenast, wandering swordsman, 14th of Malachite in the year 125

The Long Hill is a place of death on this bleak morning. Its once-pleasant, rolling slopes are now piled with corpses, its crisp, green grass now red-slick with blood, the cloying stink of which fills the air.
Usbu Jackalsnarl is dead, but at what cost? Several brave men and women of Abysssnarl and the surrounding villages lie dead, their torn insides open to the unfeeling gaze of the sky. My own dearest Ebe was very nearly within their number; I saw her threatened, lunged at by one of these savage, bloodthirsty goblins; my blood boiled with fury and I nigh flew across the field to defend her, taking several minor wounds myself in the process. I shall protect her more closely in future, and insist that she takes the bandit leader's high-quality equipment, despite the distaste at the thought of the hands that once held it.

Speaking of their chieftain, the vicious Usbu stuck at least one bolt in my person, along with another bolt and an arrow from his minions. Now it is time to return, to Abysssalves, lick our wounds and mourn our dead, and rest our battle-weary bodies for a time.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: September 01, 2011, 10:11:30 am »

The capital of my civ ALMOST fell in worldgen. There is one lawgiver there, fighting the berzerker wrestlers that spawn in fallen-civ castles. He told me to go away and kill a dragon that is plaguing them. Apparently he can handle the wrestlers (ever time I leave and come back he has a longer and longer list of scars).
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: September 01, 2011, 12:11:55 pm »

Journal of Suwu Uthrossimin Kelkif Escu, 22nd of Granite, 108
-----
We have found the ones who have escaped the ambush! I recognize them because I remember the weapons and materials. Their wounds looked familiar, because I inflicted them, too. After the ambush, I reported the death of the ambush leader, and the death of the leader of the camp that we raided earlier. My group travelled to another camp, and found the three cowards that escaped. We made short work of them, and a third swordsman that was killed carried a shortsword of iron. I promptly picked it up to use later on.

After the bandits were dealt with, I picked up the loot, a greater haul this time. My pack gets heavier with each piece of extra loot. I am going to have to sell it to lighten my load. I am rather unskilled in the use of a bow, and I have enough food and drink to last me a while. If I ever run short of food, I can always rely on the local wildlife. If I run out of drink, the rivers and streams will keep me hydrated. That is the life of a plains dweller.

According to my recent sketching on my map after hearing about the surroundings, there is a kobold thief camp about 7 miles to the northeast of my current position. I will go and see what they have.
-----
I actually did find the escapees from the ambush from a few game days ago. Me and my companions made short work of them, and I picked up their bronze two-handed swords.

I'll post more later while I travel to the Kobold Camp.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: September 01, 2011, 01:17:52 pm »

Well, my dwarfette and her band of orc allies managed to defeat the wyvern.

Now she's being sent to fight an actual dragon.

I'm gathering all the warriors I can for this battle. Wish me luck, friends.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: September 01, 2011, 02:09:01 pm »

I found a fortress.
It is made entirely of pitchblende.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: September 01, 2011, 04:03:22 pm »

Well, my dwarfette was just strangled to death by a freak of twilight on her way to the dragon's lair.

She will be missed.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: September 02, 2011, 05:49:49 pm »

Using that wanderer mod, I took silly amounts of alcohol, leather, wood and cloth NEXT TO a lair. I abandon after lots of weapons and some armor were made. I come back with one guy, and my party gets killed by a pack of Giant Ants (Civ Forge). I later come back as a swordsman and come in from the northeast and manage to get into the lair. The Trolls of Twilight attack, killing my only companion: a Hammerman. He killed one Troll of Twilight, and I killed the other two. As I kept lunging at the Troll of Twilight Child, I continually missed shot after shot after shot. I swear he was intentionally missing. I killed the child, though, and claimed the lair as my own.

My person is working his ass off trying to haul all of the food and drinks into his lair. I brought 11 backpacks from the Mountainhomes: 5 for each type of leather I brought, 5 for each wood, and one for the thread. And since I lost my only companion, it's going to be tough to survive.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: September 02, 2011, 10:58:45 pm »

From the journal of Lipi Gospofenast, wandering swordsman, 14th of Malachite in the year 125

No longer will I trek across the land in search of foul beasts to slay. I am scarred, battered and useless, I cannot walk a step without agonizing pain shooting through my stomach. The goblin arrows that peppered me as I lay unconscious have taken their toll, I fear; it was only just in time that Ebe managed to save me from certain death.
It is best for me and Ebe to get out of this business while we are both still alive- Poor Ebe is as battle-scarred as I, I am amazed neither of us are dead. I'm afraid I must abort my mission to kill Dirlu Murkfish the Misty  Fur. Some younger, more able hero shall have to claim that honour, I am weary of adventure.

So, my character Lipi Crowdscar was chasing after the last-remaining goblin, took an arrow through the shoulder (in addition to all the other arrows stuck in him) and lost consciousness, being filled with even more arrows before his trusty hunter companion managed to finish the goblin off.
Now he's constantly vomiting whenever he moves, after an arrow pierced his guts. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: September 03, 2011, 02:11:05 am »

In a land where Humans rule half the world, Elves hide away in the north-eastern corners of the planet, and Dwarves only exist in legends, a hero will rise. A man to bring back the fantasy of the ages gone by. His name is Zotho Ashcirbod Onodkalsiotircishrat Othag (translation: Power Halestrong the Awe-inspiring Mighty Punch-Killer of Anger). Remember this obscenely long and silly name, for it will be engraved in the stars in the months to come.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: September 03, 2011, 04:12:17 am »

In a land where Humans rule half the world, Elves hide away in the north-eastern corners of the planet, and Dwarves only exist in legends, a hero will rise. A man to bring back the fantasy of the ages gone by. His name is Zotho Ashcirbod Onodkalsiotircishrat Othag (translation: Power Halestrong the Awe-inspiring Mighty Punch-Killer of Anger). Remember this obscenely long and silly name, for it will be engraved in the stars in the months to come.

I give him three days :P Unless he is a demigod.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: September 03, 2011, 03:19:15 pm »

I give him three days :P Unless he is a demigod.
Three ingame days or three real life days? It's been more than three ingame days. Also, how could he not be a demigod with a name like that?

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: September 03, 2011, 03:41:50 pm »

No longer will I trek across the land in search of foul beasts to slay. I am scarred, battered and useless, I cannot walk a step without agonizing pain shooting through my stomach. The goblin arrows that peppered me as I lay unconscious have taken their toll, I fear; it was only just in time that Ebe managed to save me from certain death.
It is best for me and Ebe to get out of this business while we are both still alive- Poor Ebe is as battle-scarred as I, I am amazed neither of us are dead. I'm afraid I must abort my mission to kill Dirlu Murkfish the Misty  Fur. Some younger, more able hero shall have to claim that honour, I am weary of adventure.

So, my character Lipi Crowdscar was chasing after the last-remaining goblin, took an arrow through the shoulder (in addition to all the other arrows stuck in him) and lost consciousness, being filled with even more arrows before his trusty hunter companion managed to finish the goblin off.
Now he's constantly vomiting whenever he moves, after an arrow pierced his guts. :(

He's still vomiting after you removed the arrow and quicktraveled?  (If you don't know how to remove arrows, go to I(nteract) -> [letter of the arrow] -> r(emove).  Be careful though, removing arrows makes you bleed a bit, so don't do it if you're pale or suffering from heavy blood loss.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: September 03, 2011, 04:10:37 pm »

Actually no, it was just after he slept. Quick travel magically fixed it. :P
And now I'm working on a fort for him to retire into.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: September 03, 2011, 05:10:51 pm »

found one of the best ways to play adventure! weapon and shields on one hand and using the other to take the weapons and shields from others and possibly beat them to death with there own weaponry :D
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 1104