Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095928 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2595 on: July 10, 2011, 07:30:25 am »

How do you burn an enemy to death anyway?  I've tried it before, I would break several bones so that they would feel EXTREME PAIN and promptly collapse.  I would then burn the tree next to this poor sap, but the fire would wake him up, causing him to move away.  Even if i break the feet and legs of the person, even if i shatter the spine, they can still move.  Is there a way to make an enemy catatonic and incapable of moving?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: July 10, 2011, 08:52:57 am »

How do you burn an enemy to death anyway?  I've tried it before, I would break several bones so that they would feel EXTREME PAIN and promptly collapse.  I would then burn the tree next to this poor sap, but the fire would wake him up, causing him to move away.  Even if i break the feet and legs of the person, even if i shatter the spine, they can still move.  Is there a way to make an enemy catatonic and incapable of moving?

A) Follow the target until he stops.

B) Fire the plant closest to him.

C) Wait.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: July 10, 2011, 09:03:45 am »

C) Wait.

You don't get it.  When they're unconscious, and i light a fire using a plant next to them, they wake up, and start moving.  No matter what I do, they can still move away, even if i force them to crawl. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: July 10, 2011, 09:06:27 am »

C) Wait.

You don't get it.  When they're unconscious, and i light a fire using a plant next to them, they wake up, and start moving.  No matter what I do, they can still move away, even if i force them to crawl.

That's the point. Don't get them uncounscious (aka don't target sleepers), because fire will wake them up. Fire them when they are awake.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: July 11, 2011, 10:34:34 pm »

So I was one-manning a frost wyrm in genesis. I'd lured him out of his lair and kept him at the entrance while fighting so that I could better avoid the breath if he breathed again (after the initial burst which I avoided by ducking around the corner on the way out) while I fought. Had hacked at his front legs and gored him, then backed away from him to avoid the freezing breath. I backed 10 spots or so to the edge of a river and was taking potshots with my crossbow waiting for him to bleed out.

I hear an alligator but I think nothing of it, the frost wyrm is still occasionally spurting out the freezing breath so I can't really close in and I've never encountered a gator before, I figure there's not a ramp it's really a high ledge down to the river so whatev. Plus I can't see him, there's a reptilish thing (snake?) right across the river and I'm thinking maybe that's him.

Take a shot with the crossbow and in the interim (the 5 turns or so it proceeds through since you've fired a weapon) the gator grabs me by the arm from behind and pulls me into the river. While he's tearing my arm off (yes it comes off) the frost wyrm finally bleeds out and dies. The gator finishes me off pretty easily.

Me>Frost wyrm
Gator>Me
Gator>Frost wyrm?

(EDIT)
Couldn't let that stand of course. When I made the 2-h sword out of wyrm bone (blade) I made the handle out of alligator bone. :) Hope it doesn't decrease its effectiveness.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:56:22 pm by Isher »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: July 12, 2011, 03:34:41 am »

My female crossbow(wo)man just got stung by a Giant Desert Scorpion and was paralysed for 7 TURNS and then she got up and just shrugged it off. Best companion ever. Also, Zedku Justiceknife just killed the dwarven king.

[EDIT] My superdorfy crossbowwoman just died because of 4 giant lions. I killed the lions. The most gruesome death was the one who killed my beloved crossbower. I will cremate her with the upper body of the lion who killed her. Her bones are to be put on top of a mountain, alongside a =<<native silver scepter>>=, a *<<saltwater crocodile bone scepter>>* and a *<<sea lamprey bone crown>>*. I will shoot 3 shots from her crossbow on the mountain to salute her, and then I will throw the giant lion's skull off of the top of the mountain.

[EDIT] Instead of shooting 3 shots, I shot 3 shots in every direction and one extra shot to the sky. I then dropped the items I said I would lay to rest with her and dropped her crossbow on her bones.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:50:34 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: July 12, 2011, 05:01:12 pm »

Adventure was deliberately cut short. I jumped off a 2 level high cliff in a village and broke everything on my right leg except the foot, oddly enough.

I put two crutches in my hands and walked up to a house, passing out about 7-8 times on the way. Three hours later, I fully healed, and decided to jump off the same cliff. I hit my head and I was dead.

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: July 13, 2011, 12:16:12 am »

Underestimated power of helldemons while looting my fort for blue (very light) saber + blue shield. Legendary everything swordsman just got gibbed so hard in melee by a spirit of soot when I ran out of peasant meatshields. None of them lasted more than two combat rounds. This time I'm bringing 19 professional meatshields and sitting back throwing stuff.

Adventurers should be able to bring more meatshields. 19 isn't nearly enough. I really don't want to wait for the army arc.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: July 14, 2011, 11:45:14 pm »

Underestimated power of helldemons while looting my fort for blue (very light) saber + blue shield. Legendary everything swordsman just got gibbed so hard in melee by a spirit of soot when I ran out of peasant meatshields. None of them lasted more than two combat rounds. This time I'm bringing 19 professional meatshields and sitting back throwing stuff.

Adventurers should be able to bring more meatshields. 19 isn't nearly enough. I really don't want to wait for the army arc.
well with utilities/dfusion you could go up to 100s I reached a thousand once before my pc began to take 4 to 8 minutes to move.
normally if I want to make a small hovel I grab about 50 or so companions and take them with me.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2604 on: July 15, 2011, 12:23:52 am »

My female crossbow(wo)man just got stung by a Giant Desert Scorpion and was paralysed for 7 TURNS and then she got up and just shrugged it off. Best companion ever. Also, Zedku Justiceknife just killed the dwarven king.

[EDIT] My superdorfy crossbowwoman just died because of 4 giant lions. I killed the lions. The most gruesome death was the one who killed my beloved crossbower. I will cremate her with the upper body of the lion who killed her. Her bones are to be put on top of a mountain, alongside a =<<native silver scepter>>=, a *<<saltwater crocodile bone scepter>>* and a *<<sea lamprey bone crown>>*. I will shoot 3 shots from her crossbow on the mountain to salute her, and then I will throw the giant lion's skull off of the top of the mountain.

[EDIT] Instead of shooting 3 shots, I shot 3 shots in every direction and one extra shot to the sky. I then dropped the items I said I would lay to rest with her and dropped her crossbow on her bones.
Shed's a tear.
That was beautiful...

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: July 15, 2011, 12:47:34 am »

Dishmab Roughscars, Bride of the Moaning Freak.

A dwarf (as she was, once) born in a time before time. In 11, she became General of the Umbral Trumpets. In 15, she journeyed to the depths of the world, and tamed the giant olms of the depths of the world. She then returned to Orderchamber. Two years later, Vesh Deadburial, the Moaning Freak attacked Orderchamber. They did battle and, though defeated, Dishmab escaped. It would not be until 9 years later that she and Vesh would meet again. In 27, she was abducted by Vesh and was turned into a Moaning Freak. Forced to marry him, she bore a son.

Almost 100 years later, a brave soul in the nearby town, named Loli Lershigib, guided by forces unknown, sought out this evil beast. On his way, he was attacked by the outlaw gang, The Equality of Actions *coughcommunistscough*. He was forced to retreat, but not before slaying Rithma Hailedlivid. He finally reached the lair of the great beast, and...

Come on, was I really asked to attack something like that as my first quest?

I did cause some motor damage to one of her wings and hands, and bruised her lungs, so it may be easier this time

EDIT: I can't help but marvel at the realism of this game. in this Moaning Freak's cave, I found rat paste. next to that were a mortar and pestle covered in rat blood. I just love that (I also loved the rat paste... num num num)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:55:16 am by bennerman »

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: July 15, 2011, 06:52:35 am »

Hmm did you start off with high skills, did you get companions before asking for the quest?

Mine have typically been pretty balanced at first. Most I was ever asked to kill was a lynx. Once I did that I was a hero to everyone and bandits wouldn't even attack. Lynx's reputation must have been worse than deserved.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: July 15, 2011, 10:03:05 am »

Hmm did you start off with high skills, did you get companions before asking for the quest?

Mine have typically been pretty balanced at first. Most I was ever asked to kill was a lynx. Once I did that I was a hero to everyone and bandits wouldn't even attack. Lynx's reputation must have been worse than deserved.

Wait...after achieving enough fame, bandits won't attack you?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Videonfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you should fear the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: July 15, 2011, 10:37:59 am »

My dwarf was skilled in sword observetion armor and shield(user)When he was attacked by bogaymen(that's how its spelled?O.o)he was near a rive so he pushed one of them and drowned him.Because the other were close he run run run until he found two honey badgers who injured and distracted the bougaymen.He helped them,got mortal wounds but survived until the end of the fight.In the end,the honey badger attacked him and he died :P
You just can't trust allies

Videonfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you should fear the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: July 15, 2011, 10:39:14 am »

I also forgot to say that the other honey badger died
You just can't trust allies
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 1104