Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096476 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2340 on: May 30, 2011, 01:29:09 pm »

i started on peasant difficulty and put all my points into dodging, long story short, i survived a whole lot ad became a legitimate hero dual wielding an iron long sword and spear. I was ambushed at night and killed with a SILVER arrow which punched through my iron helm and 2 iron caps underneath. Now i'm waiting for the new update so i can be a weregoat!!!!
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: May 30, 2011, 05:34:34 pm »

I modded in a creature and entity, and after it was finished I pulled up adventure. I selected the modded creature of the modded entity and began playing. Everything went well until I left my first hamlet for the big city. The first shopkeep I saw attacked me, so we maimed each other. I escaped, hid in a small town nearby and went to talk to somebody so I could rest. The guy said "Don't talk to me" and attacked. When he turned on me everyone in the house tore him apart. This happened 3 times, so I went back to the original hamlet. I got in there and even they attacked me. I later died after hopping in a ditch.
Apparently my guy was part of the human civilization...until he became an adventurer. The funny part is he was still part of a human group but him and his civ were at war with the humans. It was interesting.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: June 01, 2011, 08:59:27 pm »

So I genned a world with what I thought would be some good traits for adventuring. Savagery 10 to 100 and checking for Megabeasts about 150 years earlier than default.

Result? In two different worlds I've genned, dozens and dozens of empty fortresses, swept clean of defenders and lords. Very few towns, although plenty of hamlets. I haven't actually found a fortress with a population in it yet (other than lions, cheetahs and rhinos, oh my!)

To boot, the closest sites containing baddies are....well...the Night Brute right next to where I started announces at least 8 kills he's made. He's pretty bad ass, and I'm sure he's been there since close to the beginning.

So end result I'm having to go everything solo until I find some worthy companions, and while I can take on 10+ size wolf packs, a group of Bogeymen still generally fucks me up six ways from Sunday.

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the combination of savagery and early mega beasts that's pretty much driven the civs to the edge. Previously I had a 900 year old world start, and there was even less civilized life. This one is only 600 years old, but mega beasts and night creatures have pretty much killed off all the law givers and nobles within my whole starting area. I keep getting historical records of so and so at empty fortresses I've visited murdering people, as much as 400 years ago...so yeah. Pretty sure I'm boned since most of the prime targets for adventuring are, shall we say, seasoned.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2343 on: June 01, 2011, 09:36:11 pm »

I've found that you can't get past 300-400 years of pregenned history in the current version without having problems.

Also, if you're lacking human towns you may have not generated enough hills and/or plains. If you hate hills and plains you can mod humans to live in other biomes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: June 02, 2011, 12:17:10 am »

It's not that I'm lacking human civilization, it's just not doing very well. Although it doesn't matter in the grand scope of the world, the whole nation my character belongs to basically has zero lords or soldiers left. For me, it means I can't get any companions with decent gear or skills.

I may have to go to the next human civ over to see if it's any better. But I'm kind of doubting it is.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: June 02, 2011, 06:09:34 pm »

It's not that I'm lacking human civilization, it's just not doing very well. Although it doesn't matter in the grand scope of the world, the whole nation my character belongs to basically has zero lords or soldiers left. For me, it means I can't get any companions with decent gear or skills.

I may have to go to the next human civ over to see if it's any better. But I'm kind of doubting it is.
if you have trouble training combat on quests use those boogey men to your advantage. set your combat preferences to charge and sleep outdoors in front of a house. when the heat gets to much rush for the house, as soon as you get two squares in all the boogey men dissapear. and for allies... eventually even a peasant can get strong if if you baby them, though i think you may be screwed on getting them good armor..

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: June 02, 2011, 07:11:53 pm »

My latest adventurer had a pretty awesome death: a night creature got her spear-holding arm between its jaw, so she dropped her shield, picked up her spear and charged into it, knocking it over with her able to stand up over it. Unfortunately, it then bit into her neck and she couldn't break free because you can't charge something on the ground and her wrestling ability wasn't high enough. So, as it tore her throat open, she stabbed it with her spear until it died, shortly before she bled to death.

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: June 02, 2011, 07:30:08 pm »

its taking like four bogey men over ten minutes to kill my unconcious ass. its STILL going on and icant even hit escape and just give in to the night...
edit: well it took forever but i woke up a bit into the next day, reading the log i kept instantly passing out from exaustion instead of pain for some reason.... what does that mean? also ow, im one big bruise with near infinate broken digits.
edit edit: wow, all this sleeping outdoors in a town has actually gotten m strong enough to kill a few last night. and tonight they behaved... i learned recently that each world has a limited number of bogeys to draw from. addmittedly hundreds of them, but still a limited number and they dont breed  ;D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:41:37 pm by zair »

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: June 02, 2011, 08:48:32 pm »

I just got a quest to go and kill a night creature. The most dangerous night creature of all...

...the sole reason residents of this world stay inside at night.

...the vicious, callous, cruel beast known as...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I may have slightly exaggerated how dangerous he is. He didn't even have any items or corpses in his lair.
[Signature]

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: June 02, 2011, 08:56:36 pm »

Yay! Finally, an adventure friend! Come here and 'av a hug!
*slashhackhackstabstab*
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: June 02, 2011, 09:19:52 pm »

Yay! Finally, an adventure friend! Come here and 'av a hug!
*slashhackhackstabstab*

Actually, it was just *Slashslash*. Poor Mec didn't stand a chance.

In other news, I just fought off two waves of bogeymen! Hurrah! I was then shot by some bandits and collapsed in front of their hammer-wielding friend... :(
[Signature]

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: June 02, 2011, 09:57:43 pm »

just fought off? ive been intentionally going through waves of them with my peasant. early on he passed out and got up to superhuman will power by being horribly beaten. ive only killed 14 so far with him, but he never passes out from pain.
edit: killed another wave but the next night i got my lungs stomped a bit before i woke up so i suffocated a bit later. laaame.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:20:36 pm by zair »

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: June 02, 2011, 10:20:41 pm »

are boogeymen weaker on 31.25 because whenever i see boogeymen i am killed, even with my legendary characters.

I considered my most recent character lucky because he stayed up three nights in a row and didn't get a ttacked by the fiends.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: June 02, 2011, 10:31:45 pm »

are boogeymen weaker on 31.25
I don't think so.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: June 02, 2011, 10:54:08 pm »

bogey men dont kill you by being stong, they do it by being hard to hit and wearing you down in numbers. its usually a prolonged gang rape to get killed by bogeymen, and i was "lucky" enough to survive it till the dawn blew them away. my surviving it just gave my peasant superpowes of not feeling pain, which bogey men use to make you pass out and be killable.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 1104