Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099555 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #780 on: October 13, 2010, 07:03:10 am »

Because I wanna'... because I can...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 13, 2010, 08:29:40 am »

"Hey, listen! Hey, Listen! Hey, List-"CRUNCH!

Anyhow.
I threw someone for the first time today. I'd wrestle more often, but getting rid of my weapons kinda makes me scared.
Everybody!

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 13, 2010, 02:53:21 pm »

Anyhow.
I threw someone for the first time today. I'd wrestle more often, but getting rid of my weapons kinda makes me scared.

Is putting them in your back bag really that dangerous?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:51:07 pm by Knigel »

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #783 on: October 13, 2010, 03:58:16 pm »

Anyhow.

Is putting them in your back really that dangerous?
Well, wouldn't it, y'know, shear away his spine?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 13, 2010, 06:42:36 pm »

Is putting them in your back really that dangerous?
Well, wouldn't it, y'know, shear away his spine?
*Ba-dump psh~!*[/b]

Anywho, he's talking about his backpack...which is logical to "sheath" your weapon to be more effective when molesti...er...wrestling/grabbing with your sword arm.

Personally, I usually throw them at the enemy then do the usual pummel/choke/rip teeth. But always have a back up weapon or two if the situation gets sticky.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 16, 2010, 11:58:49 pm »

I'm preforming a murder ritual. I call it "The square of the mutilated". It involves me getting all of the elves mutilated corpses and severed limbs, putting them into a square with a hollow middle and sleeping in the middle.

% = corpse/limbs

@ = adventurer.

%%%
%@%
%%%

That's what it should look like.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:28:52 am by Medicine Man »

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 17, 2010, 10:55:20 pm »

Cripes. Just started a new adventurer and right off the bat, I get ambushed by a 7-wolf pack. Making things worse is that while running and whacking them with my hammer, I just stumbled upon another pack, this one having 4 wolves. I really hope they're not friendly towards each other. :(

Edit: They are. Now it's a pack of 11 wolves out to turn my poor hammerman into dinner.

Edit^2: Turns out there were actually 13 wolves. And now they're all dead. With no blood spilled. I love hammers.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 11:05:43 pm by StreetPizza »
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!

castun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 18, 2010, 10:28:28 am »

In the world I'm currently playing in, I got a quest from a town to go kill an aqua brute.  Never heard of them or came across one before.  I went to the dark fortress he was at, and found a human town around the 3 obsidian towers, and there was no enemies inside the towers at all except for this guy.

He wasn't even hostile with me, talked with him (he was the law-giver of the fortress apparently) and even got a quest to off a dragon first lol. 

After having tried to off him a few times with like 3 adventurers and some meat-shields, he's now got 11 kills and a title to boot.  After my first attempt, he thought it would be neat to wield the now deceased adventurer's copper helm as a weapon (starting out he was just using his fists/claws.  The last time I tried to kill him, I literally broke every bone in his body, including his upper spine so he was forced to crawl everywhere and unable to grasp anything.  However, his 'push' attacks still almost always resulted in shattered bones.  Then I wrestled with him a bit and got to legendary wrestler +15 or so in no time at all.  However, all my attempts to do any real harm just resulted in me adjusting my grip (interestingly, even though it's only got one eye, he still has left & right eyelids.)  Then he turned his attention to me, and made mincemeat out of me.

Seems that even after all that hacking, severed limbs are out of the question due to his scaly armor.  I get him to bleeding sometimes, but not having any luck getting him to bleed out or harm his internal organs enough.  Beforehand was even able to take out a couple dragons with nowhere near as much trouble.  Now I'm debating on whether it's really worth trying to kill him now.

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 18, 2010, 12:41:13 pm »

Just got a quest to go kill a minotaur. Yay, right? Wrong. As soon as I get down there, it turns out a giant frickin' cave spider beat me to the punch. Needless to say, the poor minotaur never had a chance. Neither did I.

Anyways, just started up another new adventurer and headed on over to the nearest Elf forest retreat to do what just about what every player does, except it takes me a while to find a few elves, and when I finally do, it turns out they're elephants instead. Well, they looked familiar from a distance. :(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:39:06 pm by StreetPizza »
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 18, 2010, 08:17:36 pm »

Anyways, just started up another new adventurer and headed on over to the nearest Elf forest retreat to do what just about what every player does, except it takes me a while to find a few elves, and when I finally do, it turns out they're elephants instead. Well, they looked familiar from a distance. :(
Wait........so DF Elves have Elephant ears?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 18, 2010, 10:45:05 pm »

Wait........so DF Elves have Elephant ears?

I think he means that he's playing without a graphics tile set. Shame on him :P

I make that mistake all the time too
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Low_King

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 19, 2010, 02:12:47 pm »

"Whispers through the trees told me of the coming of Urst "Stump" Paintedtorch and his faithful hairless ape companion "Some Guy".

They are known to all our brothers and sisters of the wilds. Seventeen wolves they had taken for no knowable reason, ten were the lions they defiled with steel, many more innocent beasts had fallen to their vile ways.

Now they enter our forest retreat, and I, druid now and archer for seventy of my years, will take up bow again and-"

"Hahah! See that Some Guy?, that was ridiculous! Who else can kill an elf with an earing from ten yards away?

Now then, lets roll, I heard there was a cyclops down stream. Time to test our mettle and our metal!"

HD23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 19, 2010, 02:42:29 pm »

I love the Play Now! option aka naked skillless human adventure.

It makes me scavenge for weapons/armour, my last adventure was a blast

Some lions ambushed me right off the start, made me drop my copper spear and knife
and mangled my right hand,
Running away from lions, I found a kobold cave by accident, didn't kill anyone as they wear small clothes which are
useless to me, explored their cave a bit and found a Kobold Thief that had a Large steel dagger equipped!
They must've stolen it from the dwarves, since Humans use only bronze.

There was stolen kobold stuff all around us, I went into sneaking mode, grabbed the nearest thing to me
(which was a large green glass gem) and smashed Thief's head from behind in first blow, took his steel dagger and got my vengeance on the lion.

Since I had Sensory and motor nerve damage, I could only use my left hand from now on, but I had a steel dagger so that kind of made up for it.

I went to a human town, killed people and dressed myself, and then went on to explore other caves.
Large steel dagger is instant-cripple machine, even with low skill and even against mega beasts.

Pic related, it's me making sweet love to a Minotaur ear.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 21, 2010, 12:04:21 pm »

I started with a "Play Now!" character, on a world modified to have lots of caves and megabeasts, perfect for adventures.  The first few times I played, I was horribly mangled and killed by random wildlife.  After spawning a long ways from the main human civilization, I finally got fed up and decided to start a killing spree.  I managed to rip one child's throat out before I was punched to death by 10 peasants.

My next adventurer, I spawned in the capital of the main human civ (yay!), but I didn't feel like trying to butcher and sell everything to get enough money to buy steel equipment (modded).  So, I grabbed as much as I could and ran to the next town over.  Since I'm marked as a criminal, nobody will talk to me.

The next town over, there's a river running through the middle with sloped banks, perfect for training my drowning swimming skill.  After a few dips, I get a message about a Child punching a Hippo  :o.  I look down, and there's a young child in mortal combat with a hippo, and the hippo's winning.  Even though the entire town was giving me the silent treatment, I was so touched that I did my best to save the child.  I hacked at the hippo with my stolen steel 2h sword and eventually killed it, but it was too late...the child already had several broken bones and was drowning, and all I could do was watch him die  :'(.

I dove in and grabbed the child's corpse, along with the child's corpse from farther upriver (milkfish are brutal!), put them around a tree, and lit the tree on fire.  I stood there until they were gone...

Well, that's two that I won't have to kill later once I start my inevitable genocide.

EDIT:  Well, apparently the armor shop in the town was unguarded, scoring me a pair of exceptional quality, masterfully decorated steel high boots.  Karma  8).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:08:52 pm by minno »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 21, 2010, 03:23:19 pm »

I'm STILL looking for equipment better than bronze. Not that I can't kill dragons without better stuff, I'd rather kill them epically- that way, killing them slowly will seem more meditative.

If i'm lucky, I start with a single steel boot or something.

Retiring in dwarvern forts doesn't seem to be working for equips...

Oh, and is there any way, without having a made a fort that has forged some, of getting adamantine weapons? I'm bored of killingstuff with bronze.

Well, at least I learned how to play fort, but there was  no metals where I embarked so ehh. I'm going to look at the cookbook.
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 1104