Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104892 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9690 on: December 22, 2015, 01:57:07 am »

yeah usually I choke folks out with a hand in 2 ticks if you ', ' it. if you already have the chokehold in their already suffocating and you don't need to keep reapplying the lock, by that point your bruising their neck and wasting valuable time for other options.
once they passed out they are free to murder or practice surgery.

also I think this update allows for people to play Fantasy HITMAN and assassinate folks with out getting blamed for it.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9691 on: December 22, 2015, 03:38:21 am »

Neat-o burrito, folks. Got some serious booty on my dude now, he says without owning a single steel item, but I've got one last question, hopefully for a while anyway.

+silver flail+ v. ≡bronze flail≡  Which is better? Silver is obviously top-tier, losing out to only platinum artifacts or steel in some cases. But that ≡quality≡ is pretty tempting.

There's also a +silver maul+ and Ol' reliable the silver mace. If I remember correctly, mauls are crappy, or at least unreliable. And the silver mace is generic in quality.

I'm thinking the +silver flail+ is most likely the best out of my choices due to a superior tier of metal, but I don't know if ≡quality≡ can trump out silver in some cases, so I thought I'd get some opinions, if ya don't mind.

pic soon if interested.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: December 22, 2015, 05:19:57 am »

The wiki says masterworks and artifacts have effectiveness [chance-to-hit/block damage, not damage buff] multipliers, but there doesn't seem to be data for other tiers.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: December 22, 2015, 08:43:11 am »

I always choose material over quality modifier.
Wiki says that the hit modifier increases by 0.2 per quality level, so it's definitely a factor, but in my experience one heavy hit is better than two weak ones.
I don't have much experience with blunt weapons (more of a sword guy), but I'd go with the +silver flail+.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9694 on: December 22, 2015, 09:18:32 am »

Most of the guys I'm with I recruited from a ringleader I killed. They were part of the raiders who kept respawning, so I considered them disposable from the beginning. The colossus took out the Lasher and turned my Swordsman into a Wrestler. Now the Crossbowman's death appears in history, and fortunately my name isn't attached to the event. When I broke the news to them, everyone started loved the story, and in fact started liking all of my performances again. Maybe the Crossbowman was the reason everyone had such a shitty attitude before, so they're happy he's dead.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9695 on: December 22, 2015, 09:52:20 am »

After getting my leg chewed by a night creature and my arm chewed by a different night creature, I'm going to retire my adventurer. He's had a good run, though he never killed that bronze colossus. He'll spend the rest of his days playing on his asrath in the tavern, living off a massive pile of bandit gold.

EDIT:
New bug-wise, I stopped the animal fights slowing down goblin towers
WOO
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:14:16 am by TheFlame52 »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9696 on: December 22, 2015, 12:01:44 pm »

The wiki says masterworks and artifacts have effectiveness [chance-to-hit/block damage, not damage buff] multipliers, but there doesn't seem to be data for other tiers.

Hmm. That implies that higher quality is more important if there's a disparity in accuracy versus the target's dodge. I would assume that a skilled adventurer can thus go for the best material.

Also, regarding mauls? They sorta suck. They're very unpredictable from my testing. Sometimes massive damage, sometimes very little. A minor buff as I applied in Adventurecraft goes a long way to making them more consistent.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: December 22, 2015, 12:43:43 pm »

max out misc objects.
carry a bag and slap folks with that all the time, the more heavier the bag, the more deadlier it gets.
have a laugh when you strike someone with a feather.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9698 on: December 22, 2015, 12:52:32 pm »

Haven't even reached the titan and the deaths are already accelerating. The Swordsman wasn't a good enough Wrestler to try grappling with an Ettin, and he was throttled before I could take its arms off. Then while taking the express down a fortress central shaft, the Hammerman for some reason jumped out of my way, and ended up taking an even quicker route down. Neck and spine mangled beyond all recognition, Faint and Winded, it still took him a long time to die. It was enough time for me to recite a riddle of death, which comforted him before his passing. So I was finally able to take back the divine metal warhammer the bastard wasn't even using.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: December 22, 2015, 01:22:01 pm »

max out misc objects.
carry a bag and slap folks with that all the time, the more heavier the bag, the more deadlier it gets.
Haven't even reached the titan and the deaths are already accelerating. The Swordsman wasn't a good enough Wrestler to try grappling with an Ettin, and he was throttled before I could take its arms off. Then while taking the express down a fortress central shaft, the Hammerman for some reason jumped out of my way, and ended up taking an even quicker route down. Neck and spine mangled beyond all recognition, Faint and Winded, it still took him a long time to die. It was enough time for me to recite a riddle of death, which comforted him before his passing. So I was finally able to take back the divine metal warhammer the bastard wasn't even using.

Thanks for the advice everybody! +silver flail+ sounds like the right choice; maybe I'll get lucky and find a masterwork quality silver flail and end all the debates forever : p.

As for Rumrusher, I plan to emulate somebody's adventurer here on the forum, somewhere, who was killing people with a heavy metal coffin. I plan to stuff people inside it, but you know.

and for Uzu, your troupe seems to have the most hilariously bad luck, even if your adventure is successful.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9700 on: December 22, 2015, 01:55:15 pm »

max out misc objects.

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9701 on: December 22, 2015, 01:55:42 pm »

Went to keep.
Beat the living shit out of Lord, claimed site for myself, finished that guy off
Went to random towns inviting hearthpeople- those who denied got brawled with, so, everyone in the town was left with broken bones and left unconscious. Poor metalcrafter was left vomiting.
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #9702 on: December 22, 2015, 02:09:37 pm »

I could have sworn the neck worked as well. Wait, no, that's for pinching. Pinching the throat (through the neck menu) is a pretty good way to get someone to bleed out, and if they can't bleed out, you probably couldn't have strangled them anyway.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9703 on: December 22, 2015, 02:47:24 pm »

max out misc objects.

1: Tiny Tim Human Child : Armok bless us, everyone!

That said I'm kinda glad toady made a race of creatures immune to bogeymen because now if someone has trouble with them I just point to a spider and say go play that and have FUN.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9704 on: December 22, 2015, 02:59:47 pm »

and for Uzu, your troupe seems to have the most hilariously bad luck, even if your adventure is successful.
They were part of a group that I had been killing by the scores, and I wanted them dead when I first recruited them, so I'd say it's been a great success. A little too successful, though; I wanted one as a decoy to attract whatever terrible attack this jungle titan may possess.

I still have a Hunter left to kill. I recruited him originally as a mummy dummy, but didn't run into a mummy. He failed to equip any of the weapons I've given him, and was crippled in the first encounter, so he's just persistently slithering along behind me. I'm not giving him my crutch, the moron would just put it in his pouch, and I'd have to devise a quicker death for him.

max out misc objects.
Hm, I have a 19u platinum-bound book that I haven't read yet. I should start killing people with it before I find out what it's about, it could make the subject more enjoyable, if not ironic.
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 1104