Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093916 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5205 on: March 22, 2013, 01:45:01 pm »

In adventure mode vampires will go by the name the villagers tell you to look for. If they say "Banec Garnishedram the Maceman who lives in Winegifts" they mean "Banec Garnishedram the maceman who lives in Winegifts," Vampires also commonly flash, so talk to any macemen you see flashing and accuse them. If they're hanging out in a major city, they're probably in either the dungeons under the keep, the catacombs under a temple, or in the sewers. You probably won't find much in the sewers, and if that happens to be where the guy is, you may never find him due to the sewers having some bugs with placing people properly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: March 22, 2013, 01:51:20 pm »

So thats my problem, hes once called "maceman" and once "the human vampire".
Whats the chances of 2 guys with the same name being generated?
Maybe im chasing his twin brother?
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: March 22, 2013, 02:05:57 pm »

There shouldnt be two people with identical names. "Human vampire" is not exclusive to "maceman," though. Sorry for that confusion. One describes their race and condition (in this case, a human with the vampire's curse) and the other their proffession/job title (in this case he/she is a maceman)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: March 22, 2013, 03:45:25 pm »

The dungeons..... of course, the dungeons!

BANEC GARNISHEDRAM! I HAVE YOU NOW!

The sufferings of Sahthet Coupledike are legend amongst the tribes of man, but you shall learn why history will regard him as the lucky one of you pair...
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.

Oceanfire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: March 22, 2013, 09:18:53 pm »

I made a human who is dead now(killed by a group of Goblins :P). Before he died though he through a copper bolt through the head of a goblin killing it. Which was awesome.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: March 22, 2013, 10:34:02 pm »

So thats my problem, hes once called "maceman" and once "the human vampire".
Maybe im chasing his twin brother?

He's obviously a human vampire maceman.

On a similar note; will you eventually find a vampire just by accusing people randomly?
I have no clue what I am doing here.

BioDisaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: March 22, 2013, 10:59:26 pm »

You will probably find one eventually,but it'll likely take a long time,and be fairly boring,but I have seen it happen before,so you don't have to be on a quest to kill them in order to find them.
"Yes,I know that dropping migrants down death pits is insane,but I want those spikes now!"-The words of your murderous overlord

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: March 23, 2013, 01:32:49 am »

Just wondered.

Barek Longboe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: March 23, 2013, 09:27:33 am »

After killing a bunch of vampires, i went to the capital. Somehow i managed to get 3 merchants to join me, 2 axeman and an archer. Seems legit!

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: March 23, 2013, 11:08:57 am »

Being generated? High, near 1.
Being generated in the same world? Depends on history length, longer history obviously making same-names more common. In an average length history(250years) It'd be highly uncommon to get a duplicate.
Being alive at the same time? See note on previous, after an average length history you might get duplicates living at the same time but it'd be rare. Unless they're a generally peaceful ageless/long-lived race. Then it'd just be slightly less common than them being generated at all.

I won't try to give you odds as I don't know the exact methods used for name generation.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: March 23, 2013, 11:51:39 am »

Its a 125 year world, but i found and killed him (slowly).
He was in the dungeons, and i dont know if he ever lived in Whinegifts or not.
His dismembered corpse now lies scattered over 3 Z-levels below the keep.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: March 23, 2013, 08:42:39 pm »

I played as an elf swordsman. Not knowing that elves use wooden swords (Seriously?), I went to go slay a hill titan. He tried to spit frozen extract at me, and missed. I go up to hit him, and realize I'm using a wooden sword. I throw it at him and pull out my copper dagger. After about 20 minutes of "fighting" (tearing muscle and fat while he was helpless) I finally manage to kill him by bleeding him out. Then I find a cave entrance and end up getting stuck on a ramp. I jump off the ramp, hoping that I'll land softly. I exploded.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: March 23, 2013, 09:54:19 pm »

Yup, that sounds like an average adventure to me LOL

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: March 24, 2013, 12:46:25 am »

After becoming tired of the standard die-in-the-nearest dungeon routine, I decided to take the evil path with one of my adventurers. Evil being codeword for convenient. I had in mind to make an unstoppable, indefatigable, inexorable, rampaging murder machine, and that's pretty much exactly what I did. I raided a leather shop, equipped myself with some 15 or so different layers of this and that, than proceeded to sneak up on its owner. Using my trusty axe (which I was proficient with), I delivered a debilitating blow to his something or other. Long story short, I spent the next 10 minutes breaking his bones, gauging his eyes, and generally grabbing and ungrabbing him in ways that I'm sure were about as unpleasant as the number of other cruelties I inflicted on him. After becoming a legendary fighter/wrestler, I left the shop.

... Whereupon I was assaulted by some 150 domesticated animals. They knew that I had killed one of their own, and every fur faced feline and stray pheasant with a chip on his shoulder within 3000 yard was upon me. I thought for sure that I was dead, but was delightfully surprised to find that my 16 layers of lamprey leather cloaks provided ample defense against the barrage of various claws, beaks, and fangs directed at me by this feral hoard. After much dodging, charging, and peta-infuriating minutes later, I stood before a interminable graveyard of once pets and general nuisances. My kill count exceeded 150, and somewhere along the line I had become a legendary shield user. Excellent.

I set out into the world to commit general mayhem. I wanted to find a dragon or a titan, and see if I could break its legs than beat it do death with its teeth or something. I picked off a few bandit camps, if for no other reason than to further exemplify my strength, and was quite certain that I had reached a state of true invulnerability. Attacks never did more than bruise me, and with how much I dodged, it seemed likely that my death could only be brought through means of !!fun!!, or silly cliff-dodging. Oh, how wrong I was.

Hungry, I decided to trek the local lands without fast travel. This was an excellent way for me to train my ambusher skill, and would allow me to find some food to sate my mighty belly. I spotted a horse, and, wanting a challenge, I disengaged my sneak. As expected, I caught up with it easily. One swing of my meaty fist felled the creature- punching its brain out its ear drum, or something equally violent. I reveled momentarily in my victory.

That was when I noticed that my speed had dropped considerably. I checked my health status, and, sure enough, I was missing my left foot. How the hell did that happen? I checked my action log, and noticed that, just before I felled the horse, it had bitten my foot, and shook me around until it fell off. I was... surprised, but not entirely disheartened. I've had many adventurers that survived lost feet. I went to butcher the horse, and noticed, rather tragically, that I had thrown my only cutting implement long ago, and that I could not even claim the meat I lost my foot acquiring. Disgruntled, I took my leave. I was making my way to a nearby fortress; either to raid it, as I had one or two before, or to make friends with its denizens, and hopefully find a few quest worthy of my stature. I was instead intercepted on the way by a couple of lowly bandits. I thought, of course, that killing them would be a simple task; once again, I was wrong.

For some reason, I was entirely unable to hit the bandits. They danced around me and beat me with their maces, and I was entirely helpless to stop them. Their leader eventually delivered the killing blow, and my adventurer went in the way of so many before him; kicked in the head, with a shatter skull jammed through his brain.

Aww. Damn.

Fierdin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: March 24, 2013, 06:25:15 am »

Just chilling around, taking a quest or two, finding a cave where there is supposed to be only 1 little darkness thingy, but finding the whole family of eight. It did not compute.

P.S. Sorry, I think I miscounted, there were at least 12

P.P.S. Nope, I have no idea, but on a 4x4 cave, there was at least one per case and then some more.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:32:06 am by Fierdin »
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 1104