Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093894 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5190 on: March 19, 2013, 09:24:45 pm »

Spoiler: BIG PICTOR! (click to show/hide)

How the Hell?

I assume there's some sort of DfHack way to fix this. Any ideas?

Edit: I should actually explain what happened. I went to sleep at the ground floor of the fort. When I woke up, everyone was on the roof.

I know of no method involving DFhack, but I know one way to get down.

You must modify your game files to make your race able to fly, and then fly down to the ground. I have already mentioned this a couple times before, so I'm gonna copy/paste what I said again:

"Alright, first back up your last save on this world. Then, save and close the game and go into the save's raws ([DF directory]/data/save/[region with your game saved to it (not your backup copy!)]/raw/objects.)
Find creature_standard.txt in that folder, open it, and find the race you're playing as (it should read [CREATURE:x], where x is the race's ID (DWARF, HUMAN, ELF, GOBLIN, etc...) just hit ctrl-f and type in "dwarf]" or "human]" or w/e to find it.) and insert [FLIER] somewhere after/below that ID tag, save and close the file. Then load your save again. Try and use shift+, and . keys, like in fortress mode, to fly up and down z-levels."

If you can't get it to work, let me know.

In my own adventures, I have been wildly successful with a new demigod (which is wildly expectable, as demigods tend to fair well)
I've defeated the cave full of night creatures, and a camp full of bandits, a bandit ambush on my lonesome as well as a fire-breathing titan, and together with my mates we killed a hydra with no injuries.

I've been assigned a quest to kill a dragon, and took my six buddies down south. All was well until we spent the night by a river head. There, we were been ambushed by bandits in the night. The fight was nedium-length in terms of DF, but took me an hour because I went to eat tacos... Three of my companions, ramul the lasher, ocda the axeman and tikes the spearman were killed in the fighting, while I took no injury and my remaining three companions all took moderate to severe wounds, one having lost his foot and another with his leg broken in two places. It's also cut and he's been permanently crippled as well. The other, and only member who doesn't know how to swim, broke her arm and dropped her shield, but other than that her wounds are largely superficial.

[edit]

I have now retired my adventurer.

After the only non-cripple drowned in a river and a second bandit ambush killed my remaining two companions, I made my way to the dragon's lair, and confirmed it's gender to be female. My quest now complete, I now only need to embark over it's lair and cage it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:39:40 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: March 20, 2013, 06:47:58 am »

AT LAST!

Sahthet Coupledike, human ringleader and scourge of the catacombs, is no more.
It was a painful, long journey, 8 loyal and eager comrades found their violent end in the depths of The Safe Cave, but in the end he could not escape the unearthly endurance of a vampire.

With grim pleasure i report that his suffering was and will be unmatched for generations, such was the cold fury that had built up inside me at the death of every friend (and stray kitten) that his tormented screams echoed through the halls of the catacombs long after i had begun my journey back.

Blinded, deafened and muted his broken form was left behind to rot in the darkest corner with no whole bone in his appendages to seek help or even a swift death.

Such is the fate of all who decide to invoke the ire of KOM POWERAQUA, mighty in his wrath and relentless in his vengeance.
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: March 20, 2013, 07:29:06 am »

AT LAST!

Sahthet Coupledike, human ringleader and scourge of the catacombs, is no more.
It was a painful, long journey, 8 loyal and eager comrades found their violent end in the depths of The Safe Cave, but in the end he could not escape the unearthly endurance of a vampire.

With grim pleasure i report that his suffering was and will be unmatched for generations, such was the cold fury that had built up inside me at the death of every friend (and stray kitten) that his tormented screams echoed through the halls of the catacombs long after i had begun my journey back.

Blinded, deafened and muted his broken form was left behind to rot in the darkest corner with no whole bone in his appendages to seek help or even a swift death.

Such is the fate of all who decide to invoke the ire of KOM POWERAQUA, mighty in his wrath and relentless in his vengeance.
rumors from far away lands will not help us!

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: March 20, 2013, 10:50:09 am »

Well, now im kinda in deep sh*t.
Everyone i ask for a quest just sends me to that lady, who in turn sends me off to kill... a ringleader.... in the catacombs.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: March 20, 2013, 01:16:40 pm »

So go finish him off.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: March 20, 2013, 02:37:26 pm »

Can, he aint nowhere... ive explored the catas top to bottom, he isnt there...
Guess he heard his companions cries and made off for the next glacier cave

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: March 21, 2013, 04:48:53 pm »

Hello!

Well, it did not take five minutes after my last post for my adventurer from that last post to get her head caved in by a wild boar... So, I had to restart. But fortune still smiles on this world (despite occasional freezing of DF during game boot ??? ). My new hero started in a village that was about two days of sneaking from the nearest town - which turned out to be "Bonelegends", the town my previous adventurer was using as a base! During my second day of hunting, I promptly stumbled across the corpse of that previous adventurer. Thus, her copper armor got inherited, giving my new adventurer a good quick start. It is only too bad I couldn't give her a proper burial...

Anyhow, some hunting with my new adventurer has finally raised enough funds to replace the copper armor completely with an iron one and I also got a shiny iron long sword (hooray!). Now I am doing some more hunting to gain experience and also funds before searching for a place where to buy bronze equipment (I haven't seen any in this town yet, but I have not checked the market stalls).

Bonelegends is a great town anyway. There are lots and lots of good shops and its populace consists of all important races - humans, goblins, dwarves, elves - they all mingle in a colorful crowd in its streets. I am looking forward to become a hero in its history.

Yours,
Deathworks

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: March 22, 2013, 03:32:12 am »

Say, is there a way to recall questtext?
If i ask the questgiver, she just tells me that "honor i will have after the deed is done" but i cant recall in which part exactly i was supposed to search for the target...

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: March 22, 2013, 05:03:37 am »

Press Q for quests. Scroll to the quest you want and press z.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: March 22, 2013, 07:09:16 am »

That i know, problem is, theres 4 zones in one.
Theres the hamlet, the catacombs, the sewer systems and the hills, all oh which appear in different spots in the underground, depending on how far in/down you go...

If you get a quest, they usually say "start looking in the XYZ", but she doesnt say that anymore, only that i will be honored if the dude is killed.

Barek Longboe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: March 22, 2013, 10:56:19 am »

Quite new to the forums so here i go.

I created a dwarf swordsman with Demigod status, as i'm still pretty new to the game. I managed to kill 3 - 4 vampires in the beginning, after reporting my great success i travelled to a town nearby. The guard there told me off a vampire dwarf, with 5338 kills living in their catacombs. Thinking i would have an epic adventure i travel down. With my loyal companions: a spearman and weaponsmith i travel into a room, after decapitating a kobold, i get shot by a random arrow. After the fight i pull the arrow out. Only to suffocate...

Goddamn you Dwarf Fortress, your so awesome but i also want to punch you in the face!

Anyway im gonna start a new adventure as a human swordsman in about the same region, will post again once something happened.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:59:25 am by Barek Longboe »

Barek Longboe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: March 22, 2013, 11:56:16 am »

Just decapitated an elf in a dungeon, and stabbed a pikeman through his heart. He survived that though. Wtf.

And my head just got bashed in by overlord as i tried to escape...Damn it.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: March 22, 2013, 12:45:17 pm »

Im on a trail...

Rumor has it, that a human vampire by the name of "that guy i was supposed to kill in the catacombs" has settled in "a hamlet 7 tiles away".

So... will he have the same name, or will he cloak his identity?
Do i have to accuse all 200+ inhabitants of being a vampire to find him?
What if i kill an unidentified villager that WAS the vampire, will it count for the quest?
Is that source (tell me about the surroundings) even reliable?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: March 22, 2013, 12:57:47 pm »

Im on a trail...

Rumor has it, that a human vampire by the name of "that guy i was supposed to kill in the catacombs" has settled in "a hamlet 7 tiles away".

So... will he have the same name, or will he cloak his identity?
Do i have to accuse all 200+ inhabitants of being a vampire to find him?
What if i kill an unidentified villager that WAS the vampire, will it count for the quest?
Is that source (tell me about the surroundings) even reliable?

IIRC, it isn't possible for vamps to NOT reveal themselves if you accuse them.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: March 22, 2013, 01:21:09 pm »

But will he have the same name in human form?
Asking for their names is way faster than accusing everyone and their grandmother.

Ok, now im confused.
I have now 2 sources on the same guy (at least the same name)
In the capital, people tell me that "Banec Garnishedram the Maceman is here"
In the other village, they told me that "Banec Garneshedram the human Vampire has settled in Winegifts"

What do you make of that?
In the capital, there is the catacomb that ive turned upside down and didnt find him...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:25:52 pm by Berossus »
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 1104