Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2055991 times)

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2175 on: April 24, 2011, 11:59:58 am »

This is fucking retarded.
Created bad-ass human female spearman, who ripped people noses off and fingers one by one.
After few missions went to randomly wander, and found a lair.
Went in, and found a Ettin chillin in there. He bragged to me about killing several law-givers.
I stabed him in to feet several times, he jumped me, knocked me over, and ran deeper in to the cave, leaving me unscratched.
I followed him, stabed him a bunch of times in different areas, and then i started getting message "You are melting".
My left lower arm started melting out of the blue. I kept stabbing Ettin till i tore its heart and got a kill.
I ran outside. it was raining and i shook off Melting status, but lost Lower arm's fat.
I came back in to the cave, too get some sweet loot.
Ettin's corpse was lying in the narrow corridor leading to the larger chamber.
As i approached Ettin's corpse, i got "You are melting" message again. I ran outside, and checked that this time my both legs and head were melting.
I kept running around in the rain, but bled to death.
WTF? Ettin blood causes melting? Everything inside, was a typical cavern floor, and i had no status, even in deeper layers of cave, but as soon as Ettin blood got loose, i started melting.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 24, 2011, 12:17:26 pm »

Getting bullrushed by a minotaur, managing to bite his foot and shattering the bone, chopping his arm off and then beating him into a pulp with his own arm (while of course shouting "why are you hitting yourself? stop hitting yourself!")? Priceless!

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2177 on: April 24, 2011, 04:02:45 pm »

kissa: Something like that happened to me a while back, but there was a dragon around so I assumed it had something to do with that.

Anyway, I ended up running outside and stripping off all my armor and clothing. (There was no rain.) That fixed the problem, but after sleeping 24 hours I started melting again after I started putting armor back on.

I think there is probably a bug or two with the recent temperature computation optimizations. I don't get why an ettin or something in the lair would trigger it, but it seems like items are staying burning hot or something and not cooling down sometimes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 24, 2011, 05:50:33 pm »

kissa: Something like that happened to me a while back, but there was a dragon around so I assumed it had something to do with that.

Anyway, I ended up running outside and stripping off all my armor and clothing. (There was no rain.) That fixed the problem, but after sleeping 24 hours I started melting again after I started putting armor back on.

I think there is probably a bug or two with the recent temperature computation optimizations. I don't get why an ettin or something in the lair would trigger it, but it seems like items are staying burning hot or something and not cooling down sometimes.
I see your problem the armor was still hot. no bug just never wear that same armor when fighting.

Dfmode makes playing dwarf fortress way more immersible than it already is.
I just went and killed 4 bandit camps as the mayor of a fort who was just recently been attacked by thieves and raiders. then only to come back to be ambushed by the same band of who attack me the last time I went out the last time. "piss of symmetry" either having my group kill some of the members on the site lead to this or there is more of them some where.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 24, 2011, 07:07:47 pm »

Yea but shouldn't the armor cool down after a while? If it doesn't then it seems like a bug, and that code was just changed. (That character did get all new armor, but died after a few more major fights.)

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: April 24, 2011, 07:37:14 pm »

I didn't think people melted...
Anyway, I'm feeling jipped. I'd made a long journey to a castle, and the lady requested an epic task of me. I was to kill this fearsome Hill Titan. It had killed eighty-nine people! So I trek back to it's lair two days away (coincidentally RIGHT WHERE I CAME FROM) and found a shrine LITTERED with corpses. I finally encounter the beast—and I see a giant water blob with a stinger. I threw one arrow and it popped. Boring.
Now I'm supposed to go right back and kill a hydra. I'm considering killing this lady instead.
Also, one lung is NOT a mortal wound, game notifications. Stop scaribg me like that.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:40:07 pm by 100killer9 »
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 24, 2011, 11:13:54 pm »

Yes it is it causes heavy breathing and opens up being winded or worst drowning in your own blood.

Well good news "Conmunis Craftvoiced the massive scar of Frightening" came back from completing the quest sent by his own wife. Got his reward which was a Son named "Faba Mutepolishes" the ironic case here is that he was born just after the mayor Conmunis place a ban on exporting Leather leggings which his new son loves, next to quivers, earrings, alpacas and whales.
well time to name this kid langdon and retire the fort.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 25, 2011, 12:26:26 am »

Lol, i messed around with Adv. world gen and got a nice sight. No Dwarf Fortress mode available, a huge shallow ocean in the middle of a region, and blood man littering the surface. There seems to be 10/7 ratio of blood man to bandit + night creatures.

EDIT:
After few bloodmen slagthers it began raining, and i melted :( It's a second death by melting in a row.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:34:49 am by kissa3 »

Patomago

• Bay Watcher
  • Where the ineptitude becomes apparent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 25, 2011, 11:55:14 am »

It seems like my giant civilization is really, really hated by pretty much everyone in the world (except goblins, if the existence of goblin children living with giants is anything to go by). Not knowing this, my poor giantess, trying to avoid the bogeymen, ended up locking herself in a human house filled to the brim with giant-hating people sporting knives. The result wasn't pretty.
I'm determined to utterly destroy those humans now. My new giant went to the house where his mother (ey, why not) died and killed four of them before going down. Let's see how ugly this can get.

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: April 25, 2011, 12:14:19 pm »

Created Human spearman, and slaughtered 217 people in a town during 2 nights. Hero. :)

callahan.44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 25, 2011, 04:51:11 pm »

Just noticed I have an "alligator fourth right front toe" stuck in my upper front tooth. It's been at least 4 days in game since I killed those alligators.  :o

(can't remove with Interact option like arrows)
"I had it all. I had a fortress that was very decent, a military that was getting very respectable. I was close to being complete."
"Shit man, now it's all gone."

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: April 25, 2011, 04:59:30 pm »

you need to 't'hrow it at your next foe!

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2187 on: April 25, 2011, 06:42:58 pm »

I think you can just use d to drop stuff that gets stuck in your teeth.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 25, 2011, 07:05:56 pm »

Why drop what you can throw? It's always funny to headshot night creatures with fingers, noses or a ripped-off wolf lower body...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 26, 2011, 01:29:48 am »

I just waited for a town to go to sleep and I cut off the heads of 16 vilagers. The rest were killed by brain punctures or cut throats. A child was killed by a torture method I like using. I then killed the Shogun of the town, grabbed his corpse and aranged the 16 severed heads in a square. I put the Shogun's corpse in the middle of the square and drank his blood. I then relocated the square to a place with a plant and set the dead Shogun ablaze.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 1104