Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2054141 times)

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2145 on: April 17, 2011, 10:29:52 am »

got the boat finished and food supply worked out so my minigoal of embarking in the middle of sea is successful. now I just need to test out if I could send Migrants to do assassinations. I can build a Secret house in hell with out having the embark site breached.

Are you serious? This is Adventure Mode stuff? What mod?

Btw: On my adventure now, i got set up to kill a planes titan who has slain 142 before me. 142!!!!!!!11one. Thats like an entire 10yr civilization!! Lafo Drinknature. Will remmember the fucker :)

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: April 17, 2011, 01:54:36 pm »

I just LOVE peasants. I chopped that titans head off, but in a classic Bioshock ending scene, except for little girls with needless i got 16 peasants with booning knives. A horde of peasants jumped the titan and stabbed it till it fell, and then stabbed some more. Peasants that got hit, got ripped apart instantly, and even after 15 turns of being stabed on the ground by a mob, the Titan, still managed to rip some peasants arm off.

That battle could have been made in to a movie :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: April 17, 2011, 02:18:55 pm »

got the boat finished and food supply worked out so my minigoal of embarking in the middle of sea is successful. now I just need to test out if I could send Migrants to do assassinations. I can build a Secret house in hell with out having the embark site breached.

Are you serious? This is Adventure Mode stuff? What mod?
no mod just Dfhack's Dfmode, Dfusion, and runesmith for backup. the only mod I have is a silly food despenser for impossible to farm areas like over the sea or in hell.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: April 17, 2011, 03:45:32 pm »

So anyways, I got a job to kill a night creature. Y'know, the usual. So I find the cave, go into it, and the first thing I see is the guy I'm supposed to murdalize and another night creature, but this one was colored red--turns out it's his kid. I bisect them both. Then the night creature spouse comes out and gets herself bisected too, and I'm left kinda wondering what the hell just happened. The cauldron in the other room had some elf meat in it--the elf was the only important kill any member of the family had--so I'm left wondering if I just barged in on a night creature who didn't have any real malicious intent (I mean, really, does killing an elf really count as murder?) and his family happily having dinner together. And then I tore them apart. Across their waists. With my pointy-slashy stick. Ah, the joys of Dwarf Fortress.
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!

callahan.44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: April 18, 2011, 09:14:38 am »

I've just had a couple of outlaw camps to clean out, only 30-40 in each.
Shooting fish in a barrel is an understatement.. even stray arrows (rare) found targets with that many. !carnage!

Fear the SOLO elf! (with mastercrafted sandals)
"I had it all. I had a fortress that was very decent, a military that was getting very respectable. I was close to being complete."
"Shit man, now it's all gone."

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: April 18, 2011, 09:26:37 pm »

Once more, I am gladdened (and a bit saddened) that DF will probably never have graphics akin to games like Crysis or whatnot.

It would be glorious, but rated Adults Only or something.

Not to mention what a gigantic blow that would be to your FPS.

TheHaunted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 19, 2011, 02:47:19 am »

Well after my legendary dwarf got his nose broken, I decided to let him live out his days in peace rather then die in the wilds slowly by infection.  So I started a new human adventurer in a tropical area, which happened to have a river flow right in front of where I spawned.  I decided to jump in to train swimming and ambushing at the same time and what do you know, there's a pod of hippos right in front of me!  They all run towards the houses but the villagers just don't seem to care.  I was hoping they'd be blood hungry, because I've seen entire houses full of people empty themselves at the sight of three alligators.  I guess they only care about aggressive creatures.

Maxi150

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 19, 2011, 12:42:00 pm »

After creating a new Hero Keeper Cavalier (Put most of my points into cavalier, then had adequate fighting, swimming and novice shield), I start out in a town and grab my first quest, unfortunatly it's over a day away, and I feared the night. So instead I bugged the peasant about my surroundings, and there just so happens to be a lair not to far from town. Thinking it must be an ordinary night beast, I could just slay it and brag about it when I come back.

So I set off, and as I entered the lair, things felt very strange, as there was a rather narrow corridor, as I stepped inside a ugly red 'D' came hurtling out of the shadows towards me. And I thought 'F*ck. Im dead*. After throwing a flaming arrow. A dragon normally chews off my head in the first turn but I managed to get a shot in first, and at his head no less. It tore the muscles and I continued to hack at his upper body, occasionally slashing at his legs. But things turned bad when he bit my right leg and started chewing. Things got bad, I struggled and struggled but I couldnt get free, so instead of wasting my time struggling I instead hacked at his head and upper body until he let me go. Once I was free I backed away but he chased and bit my sword arm, causing me to drop my 2-Hander. And there I was, on the floor with a useless arm and a ruined leg. Nothing but clothes and a shield. He then let loose his firebreath. I managed to block it as he came closer. I got ready for death when all of a sudden...

'Red Dragon has bled out'

I was happy. So I butchered the corpse and took it's dragonscales, bones, and teeth. In the hopes I could create a Dragon Bone Long Sword which I'd use to slay many dragons, but first, I required my original sword. I saw it behind the corpse and went for it. But then...

'You are melting!'

I crawled in my fucking flaming arrow! Hero Adventurer who's first kill was a dragon. DEAD. So now im getting his successor to go back into that cave and retrieve those bones. Im getting that Dragon Bone Sword.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 12:46:17 pm by Maxi150 »

callahan.44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: April 19, 2011, 02:45:43 pm »

...Thinking it must be an ordinary night beast, I could just slay it and brag about it when I come back.

I looked into the history of one my night creature kills.
Turned out she was Queen of a dwarven civilization (wiped out by elves 100s of years before) who had been abducted/enslaved and wandered the world for the next 392 years, before being killed by my noob swordsman. She only had 5 kills, and one of those was and elf baby.

In 81, early spring, the night creature Ngotol Diedmurk the Ashen Grave of Bones abducted Ingish from Heatherstandards. In a beast attack.
In 81, early spring, the night creature Ngotol Diedmurk the Ashen Grave of Bones changed Ingish from a Dwarf into a Night Creature.
"I had it all. I had a fortress that was very decent, a military that was getting very respectable. I was close to being complete."
"Shit man, now it's all gone."

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: April 19, 2011, 06:44:08 pm »

Recruited woman with obscenely deep voice, renamed her Dr. Girlfriend.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 20, 2011, 01:06:46 pm »

Once more, I am gladdened (and a bit saddened) that DF will probably never have graphics akin to games like Crysis or whatnot.

It would be glorious, but rated Adults Only or something.

Not to mention what a gigantic blow that would be to your FPS.

I'm pretty sure that there wouldn't be a blow to the FPS. The computer would be too busy sublimating into a plasma from overheating. :P

Patomago

• Bay Watcher
  • Where the ineptitude becomes apparent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 21, 2011, 03:51:32 pm »

Had a fucking beast of an axedorf, became a legendary hero known in all the lands. Killed minotaurs, night creatures, giants, without effort (sometimes with my fists only). Lords and law-givers wouldn't give me missions anymore, so off I went, all alone, and travelled to another continent BY SWIMMING TWO DAYS NONSTOP. There, I finally found... death, being utterly crushed by some hippo I messed up with, terribly wounded and left to die at the hands of the bogeymen who appeared when night fell. Sigh.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 21, 2011, 09:13:58 pm »

Started again on .25 as a kobold. I was asked to kill an axeman outlaw, so I hung around, training throw.

I decided to stay the night before setting out, and the town decides to kill me in my sleep. I still have no idea why, it happened to me in .18 too...

I'm going to try and get a Kobold starting in a large city so I can see some things. And hopefully not get killed in my sleep by people who've asked for my help.

( If anyone knows why that happens, please tell me, it's be more than helpful. It'd let me live wothout fear of night creatures.)
Everybody!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: April 22, 2011, 12:36:24 am »

Started again on .25 as a kobold. I was asked to kill an axeman outlaw, so I hung around, training throw.

I decided to stay the night before setting out, and the town decides to kill me in my sleep. I still have no idea why, it happened to me in .18 too...

I'm going to try and get a Kobold starting in a large city so I can see some things. And hopefully not get killed in my sleep by people who've asked for my help.

( If anyone knows why that happens, please tell me, it's be more than helpful. It'd let me live wothout fear of night creatures.)
koblods are considered "perma hostle" when wild so playing as them with out a civ will lead to town members to go ape and murder you are better off sleeping in a old fort than a hamlet.
though I guess if you retire in the hamlet before you sleep or travel out you could avoid this seeing how retiring makes any adventurer apart of the civ.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 22, 2011, 02:15:06 am »

Yes, if I could've gotten to one.At least with humans I was able to run a few metres and kill some as they slept in revenge. A bogey would've torn my liver out through my eyesockets...

Which of the raws decides perma-hostility towards a certain race?
I want to make them love cutebolds like we do, whether they want to or not.

I guess i'll be a bowman next time...
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 1104