Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105524 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12600 on: July 08, 2016, 06:35:09 pm »

That's not how mind worms work. D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: July 08, 2016, 08:17:50 pm »

So I decided to continue my war against the goblins and killed a few thousand of them. After awhile I decided I would try and kill the last remaining demon master again, upon getting to him and attacking him I suddenly realized that clothes/ armor take damage and get destroyed now! After a hitting the demon a fair amount of times the clothes that prevented me from slaying it were torn to shreds and I was finally able to put down that stupid demon.

I really love how clothes/armor can be broken now, no longer will a demon masters gigantic clothes protect it from my blade. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: July 08, 2016, 08:32:53 pm »

So, killed a mi-go and now I have the means to craft less shitty gear. Normally even my buffs to them make it a two-hit kill, but when you're a kobold it takes some prodding to get past the chitin and scramble them ganglia.

EDIT: Finished off a wounded giant, and trailed the brush titan it apparently fought with. Tough bastard killed something apparently made of coral.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:32:59 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: July 09, 2016, 03:06:00 am »

Came across a sacked part of town with the temple. A few priests lingered. I massacred the priests and toppled some statues. Apparently I got cursed to be a werelizard.

I retired my adventurer in the town's keep. Let's see what happens in legends mode.

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12604 on: July 09, 2016, 05:21:27 pm »

Newly minted hearthperson! Time for my very first task. How can I be of a servi--... oh. Oh. Yeah, no pressure.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: July 10, 2016, 12:02:30 am »

Well shit. Have fun finding lead weapons. Time to mod in guns?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: July 10, 2016, 04:20:25 am »

Why is the dragon living in a shrine? I thought only titans and colossi did that. Did it wander in, kill the previous owner, and take over the place?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: July 10, 2016, 10:15:40 am »

Plus, vampire dragon. Maximum derp.

Better hope you used a mod that lets you break down misc metal objects to use for weapons. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: July 10, 2016, 12:45:52 pm »

so tried to build an ocean platform using modded large and tall trees, ended up ripping a hole into space and time with these trees, which led to getting a dwarf into space.

and leading to finding a planet.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: July 10, 2016, 12:48:56 pm »

Hmmm, vampiric dragon and lead weakness is weird, simply adding sapience to dragons lets them get cursed as vampires (and werebeasts occasionally, oh no, it's a werepanda, woo, scary... OH GOD IT'S ACTUALLY A DRAGON WHAT) but it is listed as "the dragon vampire soandso" then.
so tried to build an ocean platform using modded large and tall trees, ended up ripping a hole into space and time with these trees, which led to getting a dwarf into space.

and leading to finding a planet.
wut

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12610 on: July 10, 2016, 12:57:24 pm »

"Houston, we have a problem. We drank all the booze already."

"That was the rocket fuel."

"Yeah, I SAID we have a problem!"
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: July 10, 2016, 01:12:24 pm »

To explain in detail I wanted to make an ocean camp but instead of building a bridge from shore over to the designated spot I would use a tree  deeply rooted into the seafloor that is really really tall so that I can stand on the branches and build support off this tree using my knowledge of tree fort,
What I got was no ocean tree as all the modified trees spawn on the beach and the first one I found was unable to chopdown.
so I booted up fort mode and try my hand at the task again.
which lead to finding out my Sea Caps are insane
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the root is protected by the Tree's shroom cap which prevents the dwarves from cutting it, also it has a top that basically a huge hole even though the bottom is solid.
so I found a thinner exposed core Sea-cap and well this happen.

then my second attempt at chopping a sea cap crash the game.
deciding to dive back into DF arena mode to fix some Adventure reactions I ended up breaching the arena ceiling through designating a giant Stairwell to unseen and building a bunch of walls and ramps on the arena top level and ending up causing the game to build a huge sealed off floor from that. but some how the stairwell broke through that wall and it lead to being able to spawn a dwarf on that stairwell.

so the floor on this space zone is impossible to move on unless  you jump around or you ride on a minecart.
I thought during the time It was a complete empty zone before making the gif and reaching 'a planet...'
so yeah got to explore the great unknown void and looking for a way to build on it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12612 on: July 10, 2016, 01:47:44 pm »

Ah! Where no dwarf had gone before! And then fell to earth.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: July 10, 2016, 01:49:11 pm »

Ah! Where no dwarf had gone before! And then fell to earth.

And hopefully had enough fighter skill to block gravity.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: July 10, 2016, 01:57:52 pm »

I blame you for this, Rummy dearest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1104