Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099478 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1200 on: November 21, 2010, 03:59:40 pm »

Accidentally recruited a bone doctor, who accepted much more eagerly than I would've guessed. I wrote him off for dead from that moment, and I didn't give him a second look. He kept pace with me down the road, toward a wolfpack which, being elfy as I am, I expected to stroll right through leaving his corpse behind.

Did wolves get weaker this release, or did I pick up a badass bone doctor? He was very lethal with that silver carving knife, leaving the wolves hacked to pieces before I was a couple tiles past them.

Later on, he went chasing horses and, without an announcement, disappeared from my companions list. I never found the body, so never got to scavenge that pretty knife.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 21, 2010, 04:23:27 pm »

Can someone help me my swimming skill won't go up...i'm swimming in salt water (sea) and it doesn't raise at all it stays novice 0/600, why doesn't my swimming go up?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1202 on: November 21, 2010, 04:25:49 pm »

Make sure that the water's actually deep. You should be drowning if you haven't put any points into swimming at all.
Once you're drowning, only move 20 blocks, and do so by going up/down right next to shore, then get back on land, before jumping back in. Once you find a functional spot, it'll take you, maybe, 10 minutes to become proficient.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 21, 2010, 04:27:46 pm »

Thanks i will try and see if it works right away  :D

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 21, 2010, 04:42:43 pm »

No it doesnt work, when i swim no matter where it stays 0/600 novice, wtf
Edit: Playing with genesis, steel dwarf.
Can somenoe help me why my swimming skill stays still at 0/600 novice???!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:48:02 pm by toupz »

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 21, 2010, 05:02:50 pm »

Urrgh the hydra fight was boring, just me and 19 other dudes wailing on it endlessly until it gave up the ghost. Plus the lair was so full of random coins I couldn't be bothered seeing the discription of all and my inventory is a mess.

On the way back an elven ambush turned interesting as a nearby herd of elephants thought that slaughtering people looked like great fun and decided to join in. Survived with only 3 deaths or unconcious when I travelled away.

On the plus side I'm now a competent miner from my generous use of pickaxe to various body parts and I now have an iron piccolo and trumpet. I would compose songs in my honour but my very low musicality would likely result in a sound like a dying cat. Considering collecting all the instruments I find and pretending that some followers are playing epic music every step I take and battle I'm in. :P

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1206 on: November 21, 2010, 05:07:52 pm »

.....rode forth from camelot!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 21, 2010, 05:09:05 pm »

No it doesnt work, when i swim no matter where it stays 0/600 novice, wtf
Edit: Playing with genesis, steel dwarf.
Can somenoe help me why my swimming skill stays still at 0/600 novice???!

In their raws the steel dwarf has [swims_innate], which makes them know how to swim naturally. They can't gain skill simply because they already possess it.
If you're not drowning, leave it because you will be if you change it. If you really want to have skill in it then you can look through creature_genesis.txt in your save's raws folder and remove the [SWIMS_INNATE] tag. Their class is defiend about 1/5th of the way down the page. Not sure how to direct you more than that.

Anyway, I just successfully navigated the Infinite Featureless Plane of Death (a large patch of rocky badlands), further proof that I am indeed the chosen one to end the bickering of all mortal races by removing them from this world.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:11:46 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JustinP231

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 21, 2010, 05:27:13 pm »

I'm still picking up how to do the mode properly, myself, but after a few terrible fates and an act of mercy leading to my retiring (when killing some bandit guy, I let his last friend live because I wounded him and messed up one of his feet, and felt bad chasing him as he crawled away. He later came back, claiming I'd remember the Merchants of Stopping when he was through with me, stabbed me in the foot, permanently crippling my ability to stand, and we proceeded to duel for like ten minutes while I was laying on the ground before I cut his wounded foot off and I finished him when we were both on the ground) I'm starting to have some good fun. Though during this adventurer, I seem to keep coming across mysteriously abandoned towns. Two so far, in the first one I nearly got killed by two alligators, and in the second I had to slaughter a pack of wolves. Anyone know what that's about?
Last week I found a bridge that ended short of a river crossing, effectively making it useless.

Name of the bridge? The Bridge of Swimming. Cheeky bastards those humans.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1209 on: November 21, 2010, 07:54:16 pm »

Spreading this around.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 21, 2010, 09:25:59 pm »

So I got tired of the continent I started on, decided to travel to the big landmass with all the interesting stuff. Only problem is the oceans are frozen over. Not such a problem at freezing temps when nothing melts and refreezes constantly, but experience with flash freeze deaths have taught me that I shouldn't attempt to cross at cold temps. Only problem is I get halfway there and stop for a breathing on an island and realize that the temperature in the area has risen to the dreaded "cold." and I'm considering spending the next several months (in game) waiting for the ocean to thaw out. But before I do I want to make sure, the ocean will thaw out come late spring summer right? Or am I cursed with a dangerous semi-frozen ocean forever?

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 21, 2010, 09:30:54 pm »

Do boogeymen spawn in water lol?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 21, 2010, 09:38:24 pm »

That would be interesting now wouldn't it?

You swimming & trying to get to a nearby island when suddenly...*Cackling sounds around you! Several winged humanoid bogeymen shark that throws insults suddenly bites your head off!*
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1213 on: November 21, 2010, 09:39:26 pm »

If the location can be occupied by a creature and is out of your view, then they spawn everywhere.

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 21, 2010, 09:50:36 pm »

As far as I can tell they don't spawn on ocean tiles or beaches.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 1104