Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102101 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10845 on: February 24, 2016, 03:54:55 am »

So I started off for my next target when I spotted a * moving away from town. I followed it, and this is what I found:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A single human spearman and a pair each of tame horses and pigs. This is several miles from the edge of town now, so these tame animals almost certainly followed this guy out here. I have no idea what they're actually doing. Nobody's walking anywhere, the spearman, who is apparently a scout or ranger, wont say anything beyond that it's an important mission. I'd suspect he's a bandit and he stole them, but he's actually wearing a helm emblazoned with the seal of our civilization, which makes me think he's still a civ member.
Ah yeah, I've had that happen.

Never had this happen though:

Kill an ettin and dragon, I'm not full speed yet but I'm strong enough to punch someone hard enough to make them apologize for getting in the way of my fist, if they live.

There were bandits in the hamlet with the dragon-deity (weird correlation there, almost every dragon-deity site I find has bandits harrassing it) so I walked over on foot to see what they were up to.

Generally it's 3~6 goblins/humans, occasionally elfs or dorfs, once in a while you get weapon lords.

This time?

...yeah, that's dozens upon dozens of elf recruits.

Maybe they're just building up an army and it's not what I thought?

Welp, they did the bandit greeting.

*lots of violence and dodging to avoid having the game freeze from 40 people trying to hit me*

So they run, and after letting them head out properly I follow them back to their camp to find... a shit ton of professionless elves fighting the recruits?

The elves were all listed as my ally, the recruits were all no quarter, I just hung near the outside of the melee chucking bolts at them for a while and left after it was just a few stragglers.

I still have no clue what was going on there.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: February 24, 2016, 05:15:41 am »

So, genning up a new world and adventurer to mess with .42.06, since I haven't had a chance to do so yet. Run into a camp full of goblin bandits right outside the starting hamlet with my two followers. 

They immediately charge the ones that aren't sleeping, forcing my hand away from stealth tactics. Unfortunately, one of them, a lasher lamed Lum, gets hit in the head and knocked out immediately, so I spend a little while alternating between keeping goblins from killing him and executing still-sleeping goblins nearby.

Then, when my other follower comes back from chasing a straggler, I leave the crest of the hill I was fighting on to look for other stragglers, and run into the Chieftess of the camp, a skilled archer. We begin our engagement with her shooting me repeatedly, and my ineffectually throwing some coins back at her.

I respond to this by sprinting up to said Chieftess, dodging arrows the entire way and while she tries to escape, grabbing her by the torso, and making one (w)ild swing at her head, which is very difficult, but also very solid. For once, this works out, and she's instantly decapitated in my only actual attack.

I clean up the rest of the camp, then, grabbing her head from the ground and thanking myself for putting points in Speaker, walk back into the starting town with my two injured followers, an arrow sticking out of my leg, and a goblin Chieftess's head in my hands. I then proceed to tell the story of my glorious slaying of a goblin leader to every peasant in the village, then use this newfound popularity to recruit a good twelve random guys. My next step is going to be fun.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10847 on: February 24, 2016, 05:25:03 am »

Peasant revolution! Give them axes (a common tool back thems days) and spears (the generic 'mob/rabble' weapon) and upgrade their stuff with the loot of innocent nobles oppressors. Then march on a tower after upgrading their stuff to warhammers/maces and learn the secrets of life and death. March with the few still alive soldiers you have (if any) and raid a town. When all of your followers are dead, raise them.

Or res them 1 at a time and train your dudes that way.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10848 on: February 24, 2016, 05:32:46 am »

I'll have to look into it. There's certainly enough weaponry in the local mead hall to equip them.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10849 on: February 24, 2016, 05:34:06 am »

No no no... A true liberationist does not just take. A true liberationists takes only weapons from the still corpse of his enemy... Or you know, buy them with money stolen from the nobility... no judging...
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: February 24, 2016, 05:37:47 am »

There's also a shitload of dead goblin soldiers literally five minutes walk away. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10851 on: February 24, 2016, 06:07:00 am »

There's also a shitload of dead goblin soldiers literally five minutes walk away. :V
How do you get companions to equip things? c?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: February 24, 2016, 06:27:04 am »

How do you get companions to equip things? c?
you talk to them and trade them loot.
they will readjust their belongings and more likely wear what ever you give them.
That said the process is more trading or gifting them an item than Giving them your item. so they own it and you can't just ask that item back with out a fair trade of something equal or greater value to them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: February 24, 2016, 06:30:15 am »

Additionally, if they have a container on their person, they'll stick new items in it and never use them. As such, make sure to buy their containers.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10854 on: February 24, 2016, 06:50:54 am »

Peasant revolution! Give them axes (a common tool back thems days) and spears (the generic 'mob/rabble' weapon) and upgrade their stuff with the loot of innocent nobles oppressors.

@Amperzand: ^this!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10855 on: February 24, 2016, 07:19:40 am »

Peasant revolution! Give them axes (a common tool back thems days) and spears (the generic 'mob/rabble' weapon) and upgrade their stuff with the loot of innocent nobles oppressors.

give one of them a sword that happens to be green (and do no damage) too

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10856 on: February 24, 2016, 10:07:54 am »

Marsh titan, a giant mudball with wings, beware it's deadly spittle! which never hit anything but shields. I hacked at its wings so it couldn't charge, then kept hacking while everyone else got their attacks in. It's mostly body so it wasn't an easy target to miss, and they finished up in short order. I thought we were ready to hit the Vault! The Dwarf may drag behind, but he still has his shield to practice not losing so many limbs in the future.

And then we crossed Giant Dingos, and everyone got tore up. Even the Poet lost a foot.

When we reached the Vault, I waffled a bit on whether to leave them somewhere safe or not. I was impatient to go in, and I could always bring them back after the next moon, or even during. But the first Helper I crossed was so fragile I could bisect it with one dagger slash. A humanoid composed of vomit; doesn't sound very tasty, and if it did yield a hide, I wouldn't want to wear it. But I thought it should be safe enough for bring even injured companions. Then the Guardian (two-tailed monster composed of grime and filth) turned out to be in the very second room we entered, but I brought it down quickly enough that I felt the worst was past.

But no, these Diseased Enforcers (more vomit-people) could still get some vicious hits in. Even I let down my guard and got my ears boxed, as in that's what I'll be carrying them home in. After a battle that left three unconscious, I decided to station them there while I proceeded solo.

The rest of the Vault was a disappointment. The same weapons as last Vault but fewer, and none of them had quality modifiers. The clothes were too small for me, though they would fit dwarves. Worldgen crapped itself on this one, yet again; the Axemen spawned no axes, and there was no possible path to the slab. But at least the slab did spawn, I just had to dismantle slade block to make a hole connecting chambers that should have been connected. The ultimate prize was the name of a demon on the other half of the map. Even if I never use this, just possessing the knowledge is a thrill.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10857 on: February 24, 2016, 11:40:38 am »

give one of them a sword that happens to be green (and do no damage) too

No to green.

Worldgen crapped itself on this one, yet again; the Axemen spawned no axes...

A thing I noticed once while giving semimegabeast various weapon skills was they were known professionally by their weapon of choice. Say all cyclopses had competent axe, sword, etc, but skilled mace in the raws. When asked about such and such, my character would be told so and so the cyclops maceman did this. This cyclops, like all cyclops macemen in that world, however, would generally spawn without any weapon. At best, maybe a dagger. They belonged to nothing, nowhere. Specific weapon assignment is unfortunately entity/civ related. From the whole hex editor conversation with Urlance, the skill assignment in the exe seems to reflect this as those procedurally genned critters have no civ.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:43:01 am by peasant cretin »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10858 on: February 24, 2016, 11:47:43 am »

referring to your avatar, cretin

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: February 24, 2016, 12:03:14 pm »

The Axeless Axemen is a bug specific to Angels that has already been reported. If the Axeman was supposed to generate with a one-handed axe, they instead spawn with two shields, one of which they drop to ground after spawning. However if they generate a two-handed axe, they naturally get no shields and their weapon will successfully spawn. I've seen a similar bug report for Lashers, but I got a scourge from them once.
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 1104