Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102119 times)

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10860 on: February 24, 2016, 12:25:21 pm »

referring to your avatar, cretin

His avatar is too cute to eat it or fight with it but I swear if it manages to somehow just slice/crush some tiger man's limb off, I'm gonna just back away.. slowly.

Anyway, had to generate a new world for my kobolth to show up in the DFtool's race id numbers. Dorf, this character creation is slower than something from some other games but at least it tends to be more fun and after creating him I familiarized myself with the surrounding area and stole took some loot, am still two copper chunks short from making a copper greatsword which I'll then turn to adamantine and I honestly have no idea what to do with the other hand except just to have a shield there.

I imagine my kobolth's adamantine shield looking a bit like an Uruk-hai shield, more of a buckler than a shield as to allow easier usage of the two-handed stuff. Also thinking of deleting some of the superman values in the raws and replacing it with unbreakable bones ( _STRAIN_AT_YIELD: 0?, _FRACTURE:0?).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:28:48 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: February 24, 2016, 01:14:01 pm »

@Insanegame27 & Droggarth:
My avatar is Butty "Kent" Butterson and I thought you were referencing wood swords -_- splinters for elvish blood.

@Uzu:
Ah. It's not unlike lashers/bowmen who generate in hillock drinking mounds, no? They come with 2 shields since the dwarf entity has neither.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: February 24, 2016, 01:32:43 pm »

I imagine my kobolth's adamantine shield looking a bit like an Uruk-hai shield, more of a buckler than a shield as to allow easier usage of the two-handed stuff. Also thinking of deleting some of the superman values in the raws and replacing it with unbreakable bones ( _STRAIN_AT_YIELD: 0?, _FRACTURE:0?).

If I recall, for strain_at_yield, lower is better, while the other two values are better at higher values. Check adamantine in inorganic_metal for an example. X3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: February 24, 2016, 01:59:49 pm »

@Insanegame27 & Droggarth:
My avatar is Butty "Kent" Butterson and I thought you were referencing wood swords -_- splinters for elvish blood.

@Uzu:
Ah. It's not unlike lashers/bowmen who generate in hillock drinking mounds, no? They come with 2 shields since the dwarf entity has neither.
If I had a sword, I would totally fight you!

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: February 24, 2016, 02:05:43 pm »

If I recall, for strain_at_yield, lower is better, while the other two values are better at higher values. Check adamantine in inorganic_metal for an example. X3

Aye! Already copy-pasted the adamantine values and increased them a tad and applied them only to the bones of a kobolth, now I won't have to worry about breaking bones when I fall while still being able to be injured from everywhere else. A kobolth is also at body size 25,000 so to be a bit bigger and tougher but not too big.

My best DF moment was when I tried to take down that dragon with my earlier incarnations of a dingoth (size 70,000-80,000, can't remember) and got clawed to a vegetable a few times, had to end-task the game to try again. Anyway, I'mma take a bit of a break before I progress any further in my third proper adventure (which I now consider a second) as a kobolth.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: February 24, 2016, 03:21:43 pm »

Ah, excellent. Still, could be worse. At least you aren't playing an adamantine golem. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: February 24, 2016, 03:33:19 pm »

From the whole hex editor conversation with Urlance, the skill assignment in the exe seems to reflect this as those procedurally genned critters have no civ.
Angels, however, are the exception to this, having entities generated for them. Alas, there is no such thing as an entity variation, or else even more !!FUN!! could be had with generated creatures.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: February 24, 2016, 03:44:18 pm »

From the whole hex editor conversation with Urlance, the skill assignment in the exe seems to reflect this as those procedurally genned critters have no civ.
Angels, however, are the exception to this, having entities generated for them. Alas, there is no such thing as an entity variation, or else even more !!FUN!! could be had with generated creatures.
There are sets of conversion tables that define giant and antro versions of animals. You might have a look at how those are implemented.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: February 24, 2016, 03:54:20 pm »

There are sets of conversion tables that define giant and antro versions of animals. You might have a look at how those are implemented.
Those only affect creatures, though. Believe me, I've tried implementing them with entities, but the game wouldn't have any of it.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: February 24, 2016, 03:58:01 pm »

If we had an equivalent thing for entities, that would be glorious.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: February 24, 2016, 04:34:59 pm »

Meanwhile somewhere in the far west of Adventure Mode, Nisa attacks a titan while Bim grapples:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Perhaps you've been together too long or finally just the right amount when even a new story is uninteresting:

After relating the tale at a tavern, Bim recruits an axedwarf by the name of Catten Bellspraise, because of his mystery. With that agreed upon, they drink to their new association, before heading out to chaperone Catten during his dance with a Minotaur. He's quite enthusiastic! So much so when they encounter a new meat titan sans 3D maneuver gear, Bim just sets him loose, and not because Nisa's female and Catten's male:

With that, they head back to the frozen north.

EDIT: Also @Max™, that green sword used to jab green olives floating in gin. So unless you're getting one that once held a triple-decker sandwich together, I keep my belt for champion of the dwarven kitchen!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:43:16 pm by peasant cretin »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10871 on: February 24, 2016, 04:40:57 pm »

Meanwhile somewhere in the far west of Adventure Mode, Nisa attacks a titan while Bim grapples:
Perhaps you've been together too long or finally just the right amount when even a new story is uninteresting:

After relating the tale at a tavern, Bim recruits an axedwarf by the name of Catten Bellspraise, because of his mystery. With that agreed upon, they drink to their new association, before heading out to chaperone Catten during his dance with a Minotaur. He's quite enthusiastic! So much so when they encounter a new meat titan sans 3D maneuver gear, Bim just sets him loose, and not because Nisa's female and Catten's male:

With that, they head back to the frozen north.
Are you running with 42.06?
Usually you geta better reaction for killing titans.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: February 24, 2016, 04:48:38 pm »

Yup, I'm using 42.06. But I think the reaction is because they've all been together too long. Nisa likes to share her views, but Bim never answers her. Cerol once began brawling with/beating the tar out of a tavern keeper. Bim told Cerol to yield which he did. There may be some bad blood here. Or they're just tired of any of Bim's stories. I think at this point Nisa's developed a drinking problem. An elven drinking problem.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: February 24, 2016, 04:58:47 pm »

Well, this time I'm a rhino man. Why is it that every time I choose a big beefy race, I pick hammer as my weapon skill? :V

EDIT: Oh joy, I'm just hunting a dingo as my first task. And the local lord didn't think to mention that we're living in the sorta place where it rains goblin blood.

EDIT 2: Not very impressive.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:39:31 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: February 24, 2016, 06:43:44 pm »

Killed over 300 innocent people as my martial artist Yujiro, managed to get almost all unarmed combat skills to legendary, just need to practice kicking on a few dozen more people's abdomens.  I really have no idea where to go from here, probably just see how many bogeyman I can survive.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1104