Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 5 - Game Over: Town wins!  (Read 27333 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 5 - Day 3: Bite Me!
« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2010, 02:22:58 pm »

That come off weird, what I meant is, Jim Groovester (Yes, I know the difference between an E and an A) if you think Jokerman is scum, why are you worried about my infinity vote?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2010, 02:39:12 pm »

You seem to have done a complete 180. One second you're saying Jokerman is scum, the next you're saying I'm scum. Which is it?

I didn't say you were scum. I said your infinite vote wouldn't be a problem. There is a difference.

That come off weird, what I meant is, Jim Groovester (Yes, I know the difference between an E and an A) if you think Jokerman is scum, why are you worried about my infinity vote?

What are you talking about? That wasn't weird at all. In fact, it was a perfectly measured response for something I didn't say at all. But thanks for confirming that you're the Infinity Voter.

Is there any special reason I shouldn't be worried about your infinite vote? I know there's an Infinity Voter, I know that he's you, but I do not know whether you are town or scum. I also worry whether the Vote Redirector is scum or town. If either make it to lylo and they are scum, then the town insta-loses.

So, Mr. Person. Is worrying about your infinite vote really reason enough to vote for me?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2010, 03:24:35 pm »

Huh? Oh, I voted you to see if I'd get my vote back. Unvote.

You think Jokerman is scum. Thus, you think I'm town. Why are you worried about a player you think is town?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 5 - Day 2: Where's The Blanket?
« Reply #213 on: April 07, 2010, 03:28:20 pm »

Eduren.(ORG)
The "No followup" part is what strikes me. Since you are unwilling to pursue your suspicions, I'll help.
Is Mr.Person still scum? Why? If he is, then what are you doing sitting there and only defending yourself?
I still want a response to this.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 07, 2010, 03:59:41 pm »

Huh? Oh, I voted you to see if I'd get my vote back. Unvote.

Oh, I see. The tone of your post seemed hostile to me. Probably because you were voting for me. Now I understand.

You think Jokerman is scum. Thus, you think I'm town. Why are you worried about a player you think is town?

Just because I didn't say you were scum doesn't mean I don't wonder about your alignment.

To be clear:

I never declared that I thought your alignment was scum.
I never declared that I thought your alignment was town.
Anything said otherwise is a misrepresentation of my opinion.
I am actively wondering whether your alignment is town.
I am actively wondering whether your alignment is scum.
I think Jokerman-EXE is the most likely candidate to be scum, but because I do not know for certain, I must consider other possibilities.

You're next up in my list of suspicions, after Jokerman-EXE. Well, that's not true. You're about tied with Org. Far behind him comes Eduren, then Leafsnail.

So, can you see that because I worry about your alignment I might worry about your infinite vote?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 07, 2010, 04:23:16 pm »

So, Mr.Person votes Jim in order to stop me from confirming my ability.  Interesting.

Mr.Person, did you lose your vote or not?

Also: V/LA until monday.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 07, 2010, 04:26:54 pm »

Oh, I lost my vote. I wouldn't vote Jim if I did have 1 vote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2010, 04:31:55 pm »

Also: V/LA until monday.

Sorry, what does that acronym mean? In my old age I'm not as hip and cool as I used to be.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 07, 2010, 04:35:47 pm »

Vacation/ Leave of Absence, I believe.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 07, 2010, 04:57:13 pm »

I forgot to ask, do we get told how many scum there were at the start of the game?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 07, 2010, 05:00:16 pm »

Ahem.

I didn't vote Day 1 because I had been voting Eduren, prompting conversation, then unvoted when he answered and I hadn't realized that it was right at the deadline. Hence my lack of a vote.

Yes, I am the Vote Redirector (How did you piece that together?) and yes, I am town. Why did I redirect the vote? A few reasons: first and foremost, I honestly believed that he was scum and that he should be lynched. That said, I used my redirect and not my actual vote because I also figured that one of the people in the bandwagon was going to be scum, and any ties with them would make me look like scum; by ties I mean sharing the bandwagon. I randomly chose Meph as the one to switch, not for any particular reason. I actually figured that he was town.

Lastly, I sort of just wanted to see what the power looked like when used. I was a little shaky on how it worked and wanted to see it, but again, I was right up at the deadline and I didn't know it.

I didn't use it yesterday because I've been in and out and I didn't want to abuse it. I realize that the power makes me seem scummy, but I used it as a vote against someone I thought was scum.

Have at me.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2010, 05:21:56 pm »

Yes, I am the Vote Redirector (How did you piece that together?) and yes, I am town. Why did I redirect the vote? A few reasons: first and foremost, I honestly believed that he was scum and that he should be lynched. That said, I used my redirect and not my actual vote because I also figured that one of the people in the bandwagon was going to be scum, and any ties with them would make me look like scum; by ties I mean sharing the bandwagon. I randomly chose Meph as the one to switch, not for any particular reason. I actually figured that he was town.

That makes about no sense.

If you honestly believed ToonyMan was scum, then why did you also believe that ToonyMan's partner would be on the ToonyMan bandwagon?

Your explanation rings hollow. You are scum.

QED. I win.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 07, 2010, 05:39:09 pm »

I forgot to ask, do we get told how many scum there were at the start of the game?

Two, I believe. webadict's opening flavor text suggests as much.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 07, 2010, 05:39:18 pm »

So wait. You thought Toony was scum, but you didn't vote him why? If you were so sure he was scum, than why were you afraid of retribution for voting him? If he was scum, you would be vindicated! Why would you be afraid of that? Unless you knew it was going to be a mislynch?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 07, 2010, 06:06:38 pm »

Dude, Eddy, what?

I figured that with the roles the way they were, it was a pretty good bet that there would be some bussing early on. I didn't know there were only two scum though, so now that would seem pretty bad.

As I said in my previous post, I didn't vote because I ran into the deadline. Remember that? I mentioned it twice.

Actually, I also explained why I didn't vote him. Because I thought that one of the people on him would be scum, and that I didn't want to be connected to it. Man, are you reading my posts at all?

I didn't know it would be a mislynch. Obviously.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24