Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RIP 'Data' Abanmat  (Read 1048 times)

Kaphonaits

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn crabs are always stealing my hats.
    • View Profile
RIP 'Data' Abanmat
« on: February 23, 2010, 11:24:16 pm »

All right, I'm gonna do a run-down here. Data was the most badass hunter that I've ever seen. The refuse stockpile is filled to the brim with bones of wolves and raccoons and such because of him. He loved hunting, he never had any loved ones or attended the constant parties. He just hunted his heart out. His greatest feat was sniping a Kobold. He was at one edge of my Dwarf Fortress window, the Kobold at the other. He shot, his aim was true. He hit the kobold in the stomach. The kobold stumbled along the side of my outer walls, vomited, and died.

However, last spring he was attacked by a wolf and his upper body was broken. He was rushed back to the barracks where he rested for almost a year. He went back to hunting.

However, just today, an epic battle commenced between him and a wolf pack. He shot off two with his epic sharp shooting skills. He bashed one's head in. The last one, however, slashed open his torso. He then beat it and broke it's leg. The wolf was persistent, It slashed Data and he was struck down.

I've given him a tomb with statues right off the main floor of my fort.

R.I.P. 'Data' Abanmat

Edit: I've given Data a successor. Dishmop the Peasant was taught how to wrestle instead of shoot a bow. He was taught via our many wrestling champions in the military. I threw him into the military and let him train to become a wrestler. I threw him out of the military and enabled his 'Hunting Labor'.

Ironically his first kill was a wolf.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:14:00 am by Kaphonaits »
Quote from: Caledonian
it's somewhat absurd for a dwarf who's just had his hands gnawed off by monsters and his family slaughtered to the last infant to be happy because he happened to dine in a really great room.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RIP 'Data' Abanmat
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 02:44:45 am »

he never had any loved ones or attended the constant parties.

Give this dwarf a medal!

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 05:32:01 am »

I say to honor him encrust the fortress with molten lava? The side effects being a "couple" dwarfs will die...(remember to lock all doors).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:33:57 am by Dabi »
If a elf dies in a forest and only dwarfs are around to see it does anyone care?

Kaphonaits

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn crabs are always stealing my hats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 06:39:20 pm »

I say to honor him encrust the fortress with molten lava? The side effects being a "couple" dwarfs will die...(remember to lock all doors).
Hah.
Quote from: Caledonian
it's somewhat absurd for a dwarf who's just had his hands gnawed off by monsters and his family slaughtered to the last infant to be happy because he happened to dine in a really great room.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 11:05:40 pm »

Badass dwarf is badass.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."