Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: MyWorld : Shadow Kingdoms // Game has Started  (Read 10495 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I'm all for it.

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am fine with it, I have class soon so I will post my turn early, but can you gather stone from the mountain (like, not dig in, just 'chip' stone off the side), because I want my homes built of stone :(  If not wood is fine.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course you would Web...

Well I will start designing some maps for the last three slots. IF no one joins while I am at work. We will start with us (Web, death and myself) Filling the last few slots...

So remember, until I say so, This is still open to new folk coming in...

I am fine with it, I have class soon so I will post my turn early, but can you gather stone from the mountain (like, not dig in, just 'chip' stone off the side), because I want my homes built of stone :(  If not wood is fine.
Also to note, I am being uber Kind with the Maps. If you haven't guessed already, there will be two Stone Spots on each map. This may or may not have limited harvests, I haven't decided...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool Story, bro.

Just to answer a few of the questions here, when you build your city and the area becomes full, you can expand to another map in a direction - but only one at a time! you can't have, say, 2 buildings in center, 3 on the left, 1 on the right... etc.
That's in my game, at least. Not sure about the rules for SK.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have class, so I am posting my first move, will be back in like...2 hoursish.

Karik glanced to the mountains in front of him, and at the land surrounding him.  Flat land.  Good land for a home.  Setting down the small barrel full of food he silently begins to search the land looking for stones.  The mountain would be a safe shield from anyone coming from the north, and the waters would hold fresh fish to keep his food stores well stocked.

Karik's Journal,
Morning of the First Day:
"It has been awhile since I have been on my own like this, but with my previous home ravaged by war I decided to set out to create a safer home for myself.  I always wished to see the world, but I feel the need to settle, and this will serve my purposes for now.  I talked to a few others on my way here, in the villages I passed through, and more than one was interested in my purpose.  Some spoke of maybe joining me, but with nothing more than a bit of food I am on my own for now...perhaps I will be joined soon?  A knew village, far to the south, safe for now perhaps.  And if not, I will be ready for the troubles when they come."

(Morning one, gather 3 stone.)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool Story, bro.

Just to answer a few of the questions here, when you build your city and the area becomes full, you can expand to another map in a direction - but only one at a time! you can't have, say, 2 buildings in center, 3 on the left, 1 on the right... etc.
That's in my game, at least. Not sure about the rules for SK.
Nah not straying to far from your guidelines mate...
Karik for example, won't be able to expand his city northwards due to there being a mountain there. Naturally every landmark on everyone's map will extend the way they travel...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile

Just give my spot to someone else. I cant be bothard into playing 2 at once.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile

I'll join. Same as the OP on the original forum game.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, can beds be made of any material (like building a stone frame), or do you have to make it of wood?

Edit: 

From what I understand from the wiki, it just takes a block to make a bed, and seeing as it does not specify a block of 'what', then beds can be made from stone?  My citizens rather a hard cold bed over a splintery rotten bit of wood!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:40:12 pm by Karik »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Wait, can beds be made of any material (like building a stone frame), or do you have to make it of wood?

Edit: 

From what I understand from the wiki, it just takes a block to make a bed, and seeing as it does not specify a block of 'what', then beds can be made from stone?  My citizens rather a hard cold bed over a splintery rotten bit of wood!
I'm pretty sure it's any material.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: 

Stone, Wood, Copper, Gold, Silver... Whatever. One block of any gatherable material; except food, of course.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:(   No beds of fishmeat?  This game officially blows...

jk lol

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I don't have accest to my PC at the moment, so when I do I will start. This may be in two or so hours. IF anyone still wants to join now is the time to do so. For when I get home Webattic and Myself will fill the remaining spots...

Also for those that have already joined. If everyone is going to build a 3x3 shack at the start and not claim it just like in Azkanan's thread is it alright that I automate everything till its construction...

Those that wish to build something a little differnt then the 3x3 shack please post the building plans, it is requested that everyone posts the grid position for where to start building the most top right corner of the shack. Automation of the first 3 Days will take place then. Following a pattern of;
Woodcutting/Stonegathering
Construction
Construction
Construction

In the end you will have a 3x3 Shack and 4 food...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am going to bed soon, so my if you dont mind can I put my action up now?
If so: 1a Gather wood, 1b Gather wood, 1c sleep.

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You may automate me, I will be gathering/building stone building.  I will be placing it up against the mountain, off to the left a fair bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10