Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Island Adventure!  (Read 24398 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Island Adventure!
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2010, 05:32:54 pm »

I will eat Org and fashion his skin into clothing. It's what he would have wanted. I will spend the remaining time building the hut or gathering wood if there is none.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2010, 05:36:33 pm »

Leave two of the knifes, and take the best looking one.
"Best looking"? How preposterous! Everyone knows that all items of the same type and quality are completely identical down to the last atom! :D

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2010, 09:48:53 pm »

Nirur Torir's plan wins because he has a level in CaEI, plus it's almost identical to the other one that had two votes, except better.
The villagers spend 2 hours collecting stone. They collect 180 kg.
The villagers spend 2 hours collecting wood. They collect 180 kg. Someone lights a fire.

Nirur Torir crafts javelins for 16 hours. He uses up 16 kg of wood and makes 4 -Javelin-s, 6 =Javelin=s, and 6 +Javelin+s. He gains several levels of Spearmaker!
Luke makes 3 stone knives over three hours. He then hunts for 13 hours, finding 2 kg of clams. (1.95 kg, but whatever) He gains a level in Hunter.
Ein makes a stone knife. He spends an hour butchering the wolf corpse, getting a large wolf pelt, 30 kg of wolf meat (weird, I looked it up and wolves are 38.5 kg max. I thought they'd be 200 pounds), and some remains. At 8:00 AM, he starts cooking the meat in small steaks. He manages to cook 28 kg by 10:00 PM.
Matis trains with his javelin for two hours, getting 40 xp while he waits for ein to butcher the wolf. He cooks some of the wolf meat and leaves the rest for ein. He then trains for 13 more hours, getting 260 xp and two levels in Spear-User.
Grey looks for bamboo for 16 hours, gathering 16 kg of bamboo. He gets 16 gathering xp.
Alex grabs a +Javelin+ and hunts pigeon for 15 hours. His quality-3 javelin gives him a 30% bonus, which translates to 3 hours per pigeon. He catches 5 pigeons and gains a Hunting level. He then cooks the birds for an hour.
Nanoth gathers 32 wood.
Kadzar takes a stone knife and butchers Org. He manages to get 50 kg of human meat, an Org pelt, and remains. The Org pelt is 6 sq. ft. of Org hide. He spends 2 hours making two Org hide vests for 3 sq. ft. He then laughs maniacally for 13 hours. His throat is very sore.
The villagers spend 1 hour working on the granary. They build 90 kg stone of it.
The villagers gather fruit for 4 hours. They find 54 kg of fruit.
The villagers gather roots for 7 hours. They find 63 kg of roots.

The islanders eat 3 kg of 1-day-old fruit, 2.5 kg of cooked pigeon, 30 kg of cooked wolf meat, and 7 kg of fruit. They'd rather not eat raw meat, but they will if it comes to it.

ATTENTION: You may not be able to prepare for battle if you are caught unawares. Be sure to equip yourself with something to this purpose!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2010, 09:54:51 pm »

Grab the last remaining Knife...
Gather more wood...
Aid in building Grainary...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2010, 10:01:30 pm »

Consider me to always be armed with the best atlatl and three best javelins.

I spend 10 hours crafting javelins, then 6 hours crafting more atlatls. (I'll be thanked later, I'm sure. Just wait until the cannibals ninjas attack.)

The people should spend 8 hours gathering food, and 8 hours building shelters. If they run low on materials, some of them should gather more while the rest continue building.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:51:08 pm by Nirur Torir »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2010, 10:18:49 pm »

I will build shelters.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2010, 10:22:38 pm »

Ok, this will be an interesting schedule...

Take the time to make 3 more stone knives (taking the best for myself, of course)
Spend 6 hours looking for vines and turning it into rope
Carve 2 hooks from the wolf bones
Make 1 fishing rod using the rope and hooks I made (and put the other hook on the other pole)
Spend the rest of the time looking for more shellfish, and maybe the occasional crab.

Half of the people should spend 8 hours looking for wood, and 8 more building, the other half spend all day looking for edible roots and fruit, and 5 should cook food.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2010, 10:29:46 pm »

Can I interest any of you in the other Orghide vest? They're the height of macabre fashion!
Glory to Arstotzka!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2010, 10:32:09 pm »

I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2010, 10:32:50 pm »

Armok had a good idea looking for poisons - but having villagers eat them isn't wise. Maybe catch some rats or whatever and force-feed them plants to find out if they die or not.

Also, you could make a blowgun out of a long bone. I don't know how good it would be ... there aren't any bamboo-like or reed-like plants?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2010, 10:35:10 pm »

there is a bamboo style plant, but the problem is that bamboo are in segments. He'd still need some kind of bore or drill to make a blowgun.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2010, 10:47:11 pm »

Grab the last remaining Knife...
Gather more wood...
Aid in building Grainary...
How much wood? You have to be specific.

Also, Nirur Torir, I believe it's spelled "javelin". Just sayin'.

Luke, these bamboo plants are magic. You only need a stone knife to carve blowguns out of them. Same with bones.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2010, 10:53:51 pm »

Oh, okay. I guess we're really not going for realism here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2010, 10:56:29 pm »

Also, Nirur Torir, I believe it's spelled "javelin". Just sayin'.
I ... uhh ... don't know what you're talking about. If you'll look back, all my posts clearly say "javelin" and not "javalin." Of course, there's probably some sort of forum bug or something that thinks all of my posts were edited within around five minutes of each other very recently.

Ha. Crazy forum bugs.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2010, 11:09:41 pm »

As anyone well-versed in TACTICUS knows, a "javalin" is a spearkind weapon favored by the indigenous peoples of the island of Java.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22