Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Europa Universalis 3 - Heir to the Throne Expansion  (Read 917 times)

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Europa Universalis 3 - Heir to the Throne Expansion
« on: February 10, 2010, 08:03:00 am »

Being a cheap gamer, I was wondering if the $19.99 for the Heir to the Throne expansion was worth it.  Has anyone purchased it and tried it out?

Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis 3 - Heir to the Throne Expansion
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:43:23 pm »

Tried it. It's fun and I like it, but not quite as good as just IN with magna mundi. the new features add a nice new layer but it's not perfect

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 08:05:39 pm »

I have it and like it. It makes playing HRE countries, even small ones, much more interesting, as well as merchant republics. These are changes that I like. The one thing I don't like so much is the incompatibility with Magna Mundi and thus if you're used to that mod, it does feel a bit like a reduction of scope. Otherwise, go for it. It adds much to the game, despite the fact that it was very nearly perfected with the two previous expansions.
!!&!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 04:26:29 am »

I forgot to ask, should I patch EU3 in nomine before I install it?

Also, yay. I am in the bandwagon too!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 04:47:24 am »

HEY WAIT! Magna Mundi Ultimate is out!!! Woot!
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463680
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 06:04:37 am »

I wish paradox and stardock/impulse would actually have a decent sale on their own flagship games sometime... it's very rare. I haven't been able to catch a cheap EU3 or Sins yet.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 10:55:13 am »

EU3 Complete hasn't been over around 12 bucks on Amazon for a very long time... or were you looking for a bigger sale than that?  If there is a Big Lots around where you live, they carry it for $6.  Unless you meant Gamersgate when you said "Paradox," then I can't help you since I don't buy direct downloads.

Back on topic, I think the expansion adds a great deal that I couldn't do without to the game, even if it has quirks.  Keeping in mind I could never get into Magna Mundi as being fun to play, even if I really appreciate the principle.  The biggest problem I'd say is that it makes an already easy game a whole lot easier with all the casus bellis you have to play with.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:57:51 am by jashman »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis 3 - Divine Wind
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 03:52:13 am »

Thread Necromancy due to the announcement of a fourth Expansion to Europa Universalis 3.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/2010/9/europa-universalis-iii-divine-wind-announced
!!&!!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis 3 - Divine Wind
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 05:07:02 am »

Thread Necromancy due to the announcement of a fourth Expansion to Europa Universalis 3.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/2010/9/europa-universalis-iii-divine-wind-announced
play as one of four major daimyo's
Only 4? But MM already has at least 20.
I'll probably get it in any case.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 05:29:36 am »

It is probably a design choice intended to ensure the game runs well on lower end machines, since every additional tag (country) demands more checks every in game day, month, and year. Magna Mundi is a bit bad on this, and tends to run slowly. Besides, they don't want to steal too much thunder from the Magna Mundi developers, especially since MM is now being made into it's own game.
!!&!!