Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40D17]Crash on farm plot screen  (Read 2249 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
[40D17]Crash on farm plot screen
« on: February 05, 2010, 03:38:06 pm »

While playing d17, I went to set up plants to be planted, went from b(summer) to c(autumn), hit enter and game crashed. Hitting enter may or may not have to do with it, as I was doing it very quickly.

Edit: upon further investigation, it appears to be due to the c menu having less items than the b menu. By default, when going from b to c, there is no option selection as there should be (and as there is in d16). Hitting enter when there is no item selected likely causes some sort of null pointer issue.

Edit 2: investigating even further, it seems the issue also happens whenever going from a larger menu to a smaller with an element farther down on the list than the last element of the new list (for example plump helmet on b is farther down than the last item on lists a,c, and d, and likewise plump helmets on c are farther down than the last element of d, ect).
Fix should be relatively simple, just add code which does something similar to:
Code: [Select]
if(currentPosition > newList.length)
newPosition=newList[end]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 04:03:52 pm by alway »

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: [40D17]Crash on farm plot screen
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 04:53:56 pm »

hmm...clipping to newmenu size was in d16.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Bahumat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 12:44:07 am »

While playing d17, I went to set up plants to be planted, went from b(summer) to c(autumn), hit enter and game crashed. Hitting enter may or may not have to do with it, as I was doing it very quickly.

Edit: upon further investigation, it appears to be due to the c menu having less items than the b menu. By default, when going from b to c, there is no option selection as there should be (and as there is in d16). Hitting enter when there is no item selected likely causes some sort of null pointer issue.

Edit 2: investigating even further, it seems the issue also happens whenever going from a larger menu to a smaller with an element farther down on the list than the last element of the new list (for example plump helmet on b is farther down than the last item on lists a,c, and d, and likewise plump helmets on c are farther down than the last element of d, ect).
Fix should be relatively simple, just add code which does something similar to:
Code: [Select]
if(currentPosition > newList.length)
newPosition=newList[end]

Seconding, to confirm this bug. Ran into it farming, went from summer to autumn, and there was nothing selected on the farm menu when I hit enter. Instant, repeatable crash.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 06:15:15 am »

Can anyone confirm that this is unique to 40d17?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 09:18:53 am »

yes, d16 nudges you back up to the bottom of the list on changing your season selection, and I'm 99% sure 40d did as well
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 09:31:18 am »

Thanks.  I crossposted this report in the 40d17 thread.

Mind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 02:58:51 am »

I was just about to report this bug and found this thread. I confirm it. I am using version 40d19 though. Same thing there, pressing enter when nothing is marked gives a crasch. Not sure if I toggled between different seasons though, might have been directly after I choose the farm with q.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 01:51:34 pm »

Confirmed in 40d18
Back to Mafia with me!