Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655205 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4485 on: August 28, 2015, 12:53:29 pm »

In other news, Solid and Shade released a new version today.
Hyyyyyyyype!

Changelog for it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: August 28, 2015, 01:46:01 pm »

If you downloaded it before more or less just now, there's an oversight - a debug button is mapped to 'b', also used for stuff in-game, so you might want to re-DL the updated version which removed it.

Unfortunately, not savegame-compatible.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: August 31, 2015, 12:41:45 pm »

As I play Mrcmod_Diplomacy (dudes, this mod is everything vanilla shoulda been), I hope Bannerlord gets a better UI for administration. I'm one of those odd birds who prefers to govern and trade over warfare; I fairly and evenly distribute my lands according to geographical location and by "qualification". Upstanding and good-natured lords get to become dukes of cities but others only get a castle and it's nearby village and sorting this out usually requires me to take quick notes on who gets what and stuff like that. Having a map view and a lords listing (maybe even with drag and drop features!) would be the shiznit.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: August 31, 2015, 01:25:16 pm »

never heard about this mod, so i googled and noticed the changelogs :
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6044/

Wow, that seems really amazing, downloading now, thanks for mentionning this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: September 01, 2015, 12:04:54 am »

it's mostly used AFAIK as part of a pack (Floris, Silverstag, Pendor, Clash of Kings all have it IIRC)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: September 01, 2015, 01:48:20 am »

No, what those mods use is just Diplomacy, the "Mrcmod and bugfixes" is much more than just Diplomacy or just bugfixes, there's so many new features in this.

A great way to replay Native after spending so much time in various mods.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: September 06, 2015, 06:08:00 pm »

I also enjoy the Light and Darkness mod.  If you can handle iffy Engrish translations, its an interesting rpg/story focused take on the game.  Companions are picked up at specific points, new enemies and goals are gradually unlocked, and there are dungeons and side-quests too. Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth is a historic one focusing on 17th century southeast Asia, with muskets, elephants, and twice the factions of warband its pretty interesting too.  And if you are looking for more pure gunpowder sort of thing, I recommend Calradia Imperial Age.  Its still buggy and unfinished, but its more playable and balanced than any other similar era mod out there, even if the designers are going a bit overboard with factions.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4492 on: September 07, 2015, 10:37:58 pm »

Using the Steam version of M&B Warband, I noticed a small update this morning. News says:

"Hey all!

Don't worry about the small update. It just fixes the crashing problem some were experiencing when closing the launcher.

Happy blading!"

Ever since this, my game has been crashing frequently. I don't think I ever had a single game crash before this "fix" was applied. Anyone else getting this?

It's stupid. My game was 100% stable, then this fix, and now every 30 mins or so it crashes.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: September 08, 2015, 12:39:10 am »

Does Steam give you a CD Key? Just get it from Taleworld's website. It's one of the few games I have that I opted to not get on Steam.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: September 08, 2015, 05:11:08 pm »

That mod of the Diplomacy Mod does look good, please let me know how good those features are implemented, the death of lords and kings is a cool idea (is there anyway to get new lords or is there a possibility of being the sole remaining lord of all the lands!?), the hiring mercenary parties is nice as well, are those actual roving bands that get hired or is it like a mercenary version of the castle patrol?

I quite like Silverstag myself and I'm really looking forward to it's development of it's Oathbound system which is like Freelancer except you and your companions join the lords party but have no restrictions on equipment/role, and you can take missions or get quests for your lord as well. Excited for when that is in a public testable state.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: January 18, 2016, 09:21:15 am »

I had just about given up on this, but it looks like an updated version of the Warhammer Fantasy mod, "Warsword Conquest" is about to drop:  http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest

I remember when I last looked at this, they had built a bunch of new areas and units that were not yet released.  Presumably all that and more should soon be available to play!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: January 18, 2016, 11:48:18 am »

I remember it being amazing graphically, but a buggy mess in every other aspect. Has the mod been cleaned up?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: January 18, 2016, 11:52:08 am »

remains to be seen.  news was yesterday, claiming that the update will be posted sometime next week after he merges the content in and tests.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: January 18, 2016, 12:06:02 pm »

In other M&B news, I just discovered this Nova Aetas thing (http://www.moddb.com/mods/nova-aetas) which is the stock setting but the tech level gradually increases as you devote your kingdoms funds to research.

The feature list includes economic development, religion, civics, unrest, colonization (and subsequent import of exotic goods), research, creating and spending influence with lords to get them to do things.

You can be a farmer, buy a house, or resurrect the Caladric Empire and rebuild its capital. 

Also, Zendar is back as a major port and gateway to the new world / colonies.

looks pretty boss.  Have not tired it yet, but probably will this weekend.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: January 18, 2016, 01:02:36 pm »

In other M&B news, I just discovered this Nova Aetas thing (http://www.moddb.com/mods/nova-aetas) which is the stock setting but the tech level gradually increases as you devote your kingdoms funds to research.

The feature list includes economic development, religion, civics, unrest, colonization (and subsequent import of exotic goods), research, creating and spending influence with lords to get them to do things.

You can be a farmer, buy a house, or resurrect the Caladric Empire and rebuild its capital. 

Also, Zendar is back as a major port and gateway to the new world / colonies.

looks pretty boss.  Have not tired it yet, but probably will this weekend.

It's meh. It's really really unpolished and the colony mechanics are pretty broken and pointless. Also, I never found the stock setting all that captivating, but that's just me.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 310