Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657479 times)

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2940 on: June 22, 2013, 03:54:27 pm »

Brytenwalda is clearly the best mod of M&B and warband (even if "the last days" was very good, even if never brought to warband).

I hope they will take some ideas from it (naval battles, religion, advanced management) to make M&B 2.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: June 22, 2013, 06:01:30 pm »

Can't say Brytenwalda is the best mod. I had to disable nearly every realistic setting as they just gave obviously one sided disadvantages. Completely destroyed my immersion as no one else was bound to the rules I was. A variety of small things have also made me think less of this mod.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: June 22, 2013, 06:41:13 pm »

Ah, yes... disadvantageous 'realism' that only applies to you.  I gotta agree with Micro on that point.

Also, I'm pretty bad at the game, so nerfing my avatar is the last thing I'd want to do.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: June 22, 2013, 07:05:32 pm »

Anyone recommend a good mod for Warband, besides Brytenwalda? One thing I liked about 1257 and Brytenwalda was how big the map was. I'm a sucker for big maps :P I tried floris mod pack, but after playing Brytenwalda...it felt so tiny and closed in :(
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: June 22, 2013, 07:37:24 pm »

A clash of kings is a good mod, when it's playable. :P
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: June 22, 2013, 07:54:35 pm »

I used to use Floris because it's all I knew about.

After just getting back into M&B, however, I'm going more vanilla. I'm using Vexed Native, which is basically normal with some tweaks and less grind.

Anyway, Swadian tournaments are the best. I may switch my chosen faction just for that, even though I've already helped the Nords take a Vaegir castle. Apparently I've never participated in anything but the Nord tournaments, which always give me a two-handed sword and make me fight bow-users from the opposite side of the map.

I am the least honorable knight ever. Partly because this was my first time actually couching lances and partly because it's the easiest way to do it, I generally stick the opponent's horse before I stick the opponent. Even the king himself was not exempt from this tactic, which makes the after-tournament feast in my honor all the more hilarious.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: June 22, 2013, 08:14:24 pm »

Anyone recommend a good mod for Warband, besides Brytenwalda? One thing I liked about 1257 and Brytenwalda was how big the map was. I'm a sucker for big maps :P I tried floris mod pack, but after playing Brytenwalda...it felt so tiny and closed in :(
Aside form Clash of Kings, I doubt you find as large and detailed a map as that in Brytenwalda. I would recommend, as ever, Prophesy of Pendor- but be warned! The Devs themselves do not reccomend it to new players. On the other hand, when it comes to gaming I think starting with a more challenging setting is more to one's benefit if he has any regard for overcoming challenges at all!

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: June 22, 2013, 08:54:30 pm »

My top5 favorites mod, in that order :

1 - Light&Darkness for the amazing quests and storyline making it an unique "adventure mod".
2 - Prophecy of Pendor for when you'll want a good challenge and balanced mid and endgame.
3 - Gekokujo for playing in a Sengoku period setting, just do a siege battle it's utterly awesome.
4 - Blood&Steel for the fun of playing with the Barbarian class and destroying whole army nearly alone .
5 - Brytenwalda playing in an european dark age setting with less focus on cavalry, but as mentionned in the thread make sure to turn off every "realism" setting, they only cripple your character none else on the battlefield
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:09:03 pm by Robsoie »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: June 22, 2013, 09:02:40 pm »

I like your list Robsoie

There is this terrible website and whenever you look up the "best mods" you tend to just get a list of really minor mods that don't add much (or even anything).

"Ohh this mod changes the flags to look like more like the country's flag would at the time period the game takes place in. BEST MOD!"

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: June 23, 2013, 05:10:05 pm »

My top5 favorites mod, in that order :

1 - Light&Darkness for the amazing quests and storyline making it an unique "adventure mod".
2 - Prophecy of Pendor for when you'll want a good challenge and balanced mid and endgame.
3 - Gekokujo for playing in a Sengoku period setting, just do a siege battle it's utterly awesome.
4 - Blood&Steel for the fun of playing with the Barbarian class and destroying whole army nearly alone .
5 - Brytenwalda playing in an european dark age setting with less focus on cavalry, but as mentionned in the thread make sure to turn off every "realism" setting, they only cripple your character none else on the battlefield

I've played Pendor a lot, which I think is my favorite "non-vanilla" mod. Floris is my favorite if I just want to play with the normal stuff, but better. Pendor is a lot of fun though, even if it's pretty rough. Though, Ravenstern Rangers are kinda OP.

Blood & Steel is pretty fun, for the mentioned Barbarian, but I think it has the Native Expansion issue in that it just makes all the NPCs have really large armies compared to what you can get. But I may be misremembering. Being the archer is fun too, because the bow you get is stupidly awesome and that's about the only time archery is fun when you can Legolas it.

Brytenwalda... is kind of meh. It has a long load time, but the map IS huge yes and there's a lot you can do but... I feel most of it just makes the game a chore. Also, it's pretty much set up to make independent start nigh impossible because event the bandits have like 50-60 guys in their armies from the get-go.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: June 23, 2013, 05:35:02 pm »

Brytenwalda... is kind of meh. It has a long load time, but the map IS huge yes and there's a lot you can do but... I feel most of it just makes the game a chore. Also, it's pretty much set up to make independent start nigh impossible because event the bandits have like 50-60 guys in their armies from the get-go.

If you can get one of the smaller factions before they're eliminated, it's nice to start your kingdom by taking the only holding of a faction.  But my biggest problem with Brytenwalda is that it's downright impossible to train up your troops.  Since I know why it takes so long to train up the troops, I might mod it to be quicker.

Spoiler on the problem of the troops never leveling and the fix to make Brytenwalda troops actually trainable:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: This new mod seems interesting:
Phantasy Calradia
.  Orcs, elves, magic, undead, and most importantly dwarves.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: June 23, 2013, 06:11:08 pm »

About Brytenwalda, make sure to get the submod for it from TheMagelord , it fixes a lot of Brytenwalda problems :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,255556.0.html

For a fantasy mod (featuring dwarves too) , there was  Warsword Conquest :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145937.0.html
I played it a bit in the past, it was really good and apparently after a long hiatus it seems there will be soon this summer an upgrade with more content for it from what i gathered in the thread.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: June 23, 2013, 07:26:22 pm »

If you can get one of the smaller factions before they're eliminated, it's nice to start your kingdom by taking the only holding of a faction.  But my biggest problem with Brytenwalda is that it's downright impossible to train up your troops.  Since I know why it takes so long to train up the troops, I might mod it to be quicker.

Spoiler on the problem of the troops never leveling and the fix to make Brytenwalda troops actually trainable:

Phantasy Calradia

As I recall, the fact the troops in Brytenwalda are stupidly high is done on purpose. The mod maker wanted to make Trainer less "OP" and make like, buttering up villages or something way more important. All it really does though, is make the game annoyingly tedious instead of challenging or meaningful...

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: June 23, 2013, 07:36:32 pm »

Phantasy Calradia

For Phantasy Calradia do I need to download the .4 and .451?  Or is there a download with both?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: June 23, 2013, 07:41:59 pm »

Phantasy Calradia

For Phantasy Calradia do I need to download the .4 and .451?  Or is there a download with both?

Haven't installed it yet, but I believe you need to download both, then install .4 first as the mod then .451 as the patch.  Their relative file sizes seem to support this theory.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 310