Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Nomic: A game of Self Amendment  (Read 3385 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Nomic: A game of Self Amendment
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 09:16:12 am »

I would love to play this time around. As opposed to running it. Because I suck at running things apparently. :/

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 09:22:51 am »

That's cool with me, we just need one more person to hit the minimum required players.

The more the merrier though  ;)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 10:05:19 am »

Would you be running it? Do you have a ruleset in mind?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 10:48:08 am »

I can set something up to begin with.

As for rulesets, the original nomicia used the standard Suber ruleset to begin with.  I feel that the main problem we suffered was the difficulty involved in changing that ruleset into something we'd actually wish to play.

I'd prefer to keep things as simple as possible in the beginning, just making provisions for basic propositions, ammendments, repeals and turn order.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 11:51:31 am »

Ah good okay. :P

Well I suggest in order to keep interest we should run it in a single thread on these forums. That way we still capture new players occasionally, etc. And I will actually read it more than whenever I happen to remember to log into another site. haha

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 12:19:52 pm »

Thinking about signing up...how involved is this going to be exactly? How long is a turn, etc, and how much time do you have to check in between when a vote is proposed and when voting closes?
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 04:16:29 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:26:58 am by Stany »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 05:55:15 pm »

I'd be interested in playing but I'd prefer a live game, possibly by something like piratepad.

I don't like how slow forum-based games are.
Shoes...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 05:58:00 pm »

I'd like to join, but unlike Cthulhu, only on a forum form. I don't have much time to spend in game, but can find 15 minutes a day easily.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 11:29:21 pm »

How about using these rules:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The point would be to have a fast game with few initial restrictive rules, and a clearly defined end. The end could be changed, obviously, but that would require that it is a popular idea.
Eh?
Eh!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 07:44:39 am »

Africa: I'd like to set turns to be at least 48 hours initially, but all things can change in nomic.

Stany: I'm leaning towards an initial ruleset that provides no initial scoring methods, much more fun if it's all player created.

Cthulhu: I'd prefer to have it played on DF forums myself.  Makes for more visibility and (hopefully) an increase in players.  Besides, nomic is generally quite a slow game and works well as such.

Sheb: No problem.

qwertyuiopas: Yeah, simplicity is good at the start.  How about expanding it to this?

- A non-player becomes a player by proposing a change or supporting/disagreeing with a change.
- A change may be an alteration, addition, removal, or any other change applied to one ore more rules.
- It is possible to vote on a proposed rule change by stating if you *support* or *disagree* with it.  In order to be counted, votes must contain one of those keywords and explicitly state which proposal/s are being referred to.
- It is only possible for an individual to vote once on each proposed change.
- One turn lasts 48 hours.
- At the end of the turn, the two proposed rule changes with the greatest explicit support from all current players are implemented.
- The nomic ends after fifteen turns.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 08:08:43 am »

If turns are 48 hours long I'm definitely in. Before hiking season kicks in I could even do 24 hour turns or hell, 12 hour turns although I'd probably miss some in that case.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 08:58:40 am »

- A non-player becomes a player by proposing a change or supporting/disagreeing with a change.
- A change may be an alteration, addition, removal, or any other change applied to one ore more rules.
- It is possible to vote on a proposed rule change by stating if you *support* or *disagree* with it.  In order to be counted, votes must contain one of those keywords and explicitly state which proposal/s are being referred to.
- At the end of the turn, the two proposed rule changes with the greatest explicit support from all current players are implemented.
I support this.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 10:54:39 am »

I support this.
Thirded!

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 12:19:11 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:26:21 am by Stany »
Pages: 1 [2] 3