Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 351889 times)

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #3105 on: January 10, 2013, 02:52:39 am »

I haven't been hacked in the past few days because I have been keeping a low profile and because someone gave me some good software. I think I might get back to the riddle trail soon because of that.
What level of software? The GS has a max level WWL which makes the game almost too easy.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: January 10, 2013, 02:57:11 am »

I haven't be in the IRC because I've little time Monday - Thursday.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: January 10, 2013, 07:01:16 am »

I decided to delete my max level WWL and follow the riddle trail.

But damn, I can hardly resist the urge to login to the GS and just download dat shit.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: January 10, 2013, 07:07:06 am »

But damn, I can hardly resist the urge to login to the GS and just download dat shit.
I'd never be able to follow the riddle trail so I don't feel bad about cheating. Being stupid pays off.

EDIT: Seriously? Apparently I had a vtrack on me so some dude decided to wipe me again. Won't be playing this for a few days, it seems.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:10:00 am by Absolute Niro »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: January 10, 2013, 09:32:43 am »

Haven't been hacked yet. Been deleting my logs almost instantly and am trying to get slaves mainly through players, as they are much less likely to be camped.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3110 on: January 10, 2013, 12:49:06 pm »

I'm not judging lol, Im just saying I think your silly if you were to pay for a game where you die so often it's pointless, since you aren't using real money then I disregard my previous point
You seem a bit thick... To clear that up, they're not paying anything. They're using virtual (not real) currency in a virtual game to buy virtual hardware to hack each other virtually.

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: January 10, 2013, 01:50:45 pm »

I'm not judging lol, Im just saying I think your silly if you were to pay for a game where you die so often it's pointless, since you aren't using real money then I disregard my previous point
You seem a bit thick... To clear that up, they're not paying anything. They're using virtual (not real) currency in a virtual game to buy virtual hardware to hack each other virtually.
I understand that now, yes, I was simply asking questions, and now you call me thick for being inquisitive and cautious? To me being cautious is more of a proof of intelligence

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: January 10, 2013, 02:13:43 pm »

I haven't been hacked in the past few days because I have been keeping a low profile and because someone gave me some good software. I think I might get back to the riddle trail soon because of that.
What level of software? The GS has a max level WWL which makes the game almost too easy.
I don't know. I do however have the maximum level wwl and fwl, so it has made things easier on me.

My brain has difficulty thinking in an abstract manner, but I myself am going to probably go to each and every NPC on the riddle trail despite that. I have got a feeling though that most of the high level software is not worth trying to back up due to the sheer size of said high level software, so this is mostly so I can backup the lower level software.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: January 10, 2013, 02:20:54 pm »

I found an encrypted text file labeled "empty", and it's as big as my .7 firewall. Can't wait til I get a decrypter :)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: January 10, 2013, 02:23:32 pm »

I found an encrypted text file labeled "empty", and it's as big as my .7 firewall. Can't wait til I get a decrypter :)

Ive seen a bunch of those, I think there all BS. Dont go for it man, it probably BS. But if you do, then theres a decryptor on the GS.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: January 10, 2013, 02:27:33 pm »

I see people online here and yet the IRC is dead. My apologies if I'm thinking too much but to my messed-up brain that doesn't make sense.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: January 10, 2013, 02:45:48 pm »

drop me the pass and ill come on :p

wasnt going to play this but after spam in my new replies, didnt have anything else to do :p

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: January 10, 2013, 05:42:57 pm »

Well, if you aren't being sarcastic, you guys are quite silly to pay actual money to fund a virtual hacking game, where you can lose at a rate of once an hour

... Actual money? This game has no microtransactions. That is like saying you are funding a virtual world where you always lose when  you donate to DF.

Errr, actually. You get 'support points' for donating, and you can directly transfer these points into ingame money.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: January 10, 2013, 05:46:07 pm »

Anyone else keep a notepad record of all the IPs they find?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: January 10, 2013, 05:53:52 pm »

Ive seen a bunch of those, I think there all BS. Dont go for it man, it probably BS. But if you do, then theres a decryptor on the GS.
They're a randomly generated part of the game. They're designed to point to automatically created bank accounts containing money, I think up to 40,000 currency units.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 225