Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 988

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1636439 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.
« Reply #13455 on: February 16, 2016, 05:46:52 pm »

Yeah, not a big deal. Just came to mind.

I think he was actually doing a time-lapse or something. There's still a neat old glass jar full of the crystals laying around somewhere.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: February 18, 2016, 07:25:26 pm »

Couldn't get a good picture of the actual thing in action, but it's mostly over.
Brazilian slums look just like Eastern European sleeping disricts with less repair.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13457 on: February 18, 2016, 11:06:05 pm »

Couldn't get a good picture of the actual thing in action, but it's mostly over.
I feel like I saw that place in a dream a long time ago.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13458 on: February 19, 2016, 02:53:43 am »

What do you call a picture that looks very bad but is actually relatively innocent in context?

Spoiler: Context (click to show/hide)

In related news, there was a very suspicious petri dish of blue crystallizing fluid in the physics classroom one day. It turned out to be genuinely dangerous, some kind of sulfur compound, but the result looked almost exactly like that. I'm not even sure why the person running the experiment chose that classroom.

Spoiler: Here ya go (click to show/hide)

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #13459 on: February 19, 2016, 04:47:25 am »

CuSO4's not particularly dangerous. I think I have a big jar of it hiding out somewhere around the house...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: February 19, 2016, 05:54:24 am »

This reminds me that I have to wash my labcoat sometime and somehow dispose of resulting toxic waste...
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: February 21, 2016, 07:26:24 am »

This pic popped up in my social media feed.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: February 21, 2016, 10:21:18 am »

That's messed up. Rotten.com levels of messed up.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: February 21, 2016, 12:10:09 pm »

Not even in death does duty end!
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: February 21, 2016, 12:20:53 pm »

Fuck. That would make for an awesome Soviet Zombies vs Nazi Robots movie. Could be the tagline or something.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: February 21, 2016, 01:02:45 pm »

Fuck. That would make for an awesome Soviet Zombies vs Nazi Robots movie. Could be the tagline or something.
I would make it a movie about a squad of plucky infantrymen and their grizzled leader who wishes for nothing more than to go back to living in the wilderness, as they're being bossed about by their undead commissar, who was hanged by Nazis but came back to life through sheer fanaticism. Bonus points, he's a lich with levels in Necromancer, and doesn't consider being dead an appropriate excuse for slacking off. It would be a grimdark comedy type thing.

For real though, I nicked it from one of the WH40K Codices for the Imperial Guard, where it was presented as 'Only in death does duty end'.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: February 21, 2016, 01:08:59 pm »

For real though, I nicked it from one of the WH40K Codices for the Imperial Guard, where it was presented as 'Only in death does duty end'.

What was wrong with good ol' "Even in death I still serve" by the way? As far as I recall this is a line by a SM Dreadnought.
Sigs

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: February 21, 2016, 01:43:19 pm »

"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die."

Most fitting I think, because those things are made from stuff that defies the laws of the universe.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: February 21, 2016, 08:14:30 pm »

I would make it a movie about a squad of plucky infantrymen and their grizzled leader who wishes for nothing more than to go back to living in the wilderness, as they're being bossed about by their undead commissar, who was hanged by Nazis but came back to life through sheer fanaticism. Bonus points, he's a lich with levels in Necromancer, and doesn't consider being dead an appropriate excuse for slacking off. It would be a grimdark comedy type thing.
Comedy? Could you give examples of movies that it would be like? I have a hard time imagining right now... Well, maybe it could be like the fourth Blackadder.
The Bay12 postcard club

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #13469 on: February 21, 2016, 08:21:14 pm »

It would work better animated, I think.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 988