Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 988

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1638447 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.
« Reply #14220 on: December 20, 2016, 07:23:51 pm »

Send me that too.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #14222 on: December 22, 2016, 04:07:13 am »

Q: What do you get when you combine poor stage lighting, a low-grade camera, an unskilled cameraman, compression artifacts, and a B&W filter?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 04:11:12 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14223 on: December 22, 2016, 08:57:28 am »

Hey, that's a hot looking Slenderman. Got her number? :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14224 on: December 23, 2016, 11:06:55 pm »

Leaving tomorrow to go see my family up in Wisconsin for the first time in... I think 6 years.  Grandmother had a bit of a health crisis this year, and for the last couple weeks, we thought this would be the last time we would see her.  Thankfully, I just found out yesterday that was a bit of a false alarm, and she'll be leaving the hospital soon.  Haven't seen her in 3 years.

My mom has a huge family up there, and they used to be very close knit.  But that's been breaking up over the last several years, because it was the elders of the family that held it all together.  My mom's parents and two sets of great grandparents.  They all died out in a pretty short time span several years back, except for my grandmother.  The gigantic gatherings of several dozen people died out with them.  (For real - it was like half the city was in on it when one set of great grandparents celebrated their 75th anniversary)

But this year everyone's making a big push to have one last large family gathering for Christmas.  I'm told there's going to be one of those white elephant things, so I wanted to show off my contribution to that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All my family up there come from farming backgrounds, and are avid hunters.  Duck hunting especially.  My uncles have duck hunting stuff and paintings of flocks of ducks taking flight plastered all over their homes.  When I was like 2 or 3 years old, I witnessed them coming home from a hunting trip once and unloading all the dead ducks.  I said "Quack quack!  I'm a duck!  Please don't kill me!" and then ran away crying.  I was known as "Chuck the Duck" by my family up there all the way up into my mid-teens.  I've heard the story a million times.  We would visit 2-3 times a year all through my childhood (it's a 6-7 hour drive for us), and I would often bring my NES and play Duck Hunt.  There wasn't much else for me to do up there.

I'm broke and busy as fuck, and had to come up with something quick and zero cost tonight.  I'm quite pleased I think I came up with something they'll get a good kick out of, under the circumstances.  It'll fit right in with their collections of homey naturalist paintings, right?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14225 on: December 25, 2016, 04:06:08 am »

There's a lot of really cool stuff that needs responding to in here, not least that dank artwork, but right now I sadly lack the time to do so.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14227 on: December 25, 2016, 11:38:04 am »

The hardest part of cooking is def not eating the ingredients constantly
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14228 on: December 25, 2016, 12:29:26 pm »

My in-laws came over for christmas, and I made pizza.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14230 on: December 29, 2016, 03:59:17 pm »

I'm not sure what I like best.  The Mar del Norte, the completely separate Westerne Ocean, or the Southerne Unknowne Land (not to be confused with the adjacent Magallanica).
High Quality Puzzle indeed.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14231 on: December 29, 2016, 04:28:37 pm »

My favourite is the Figure of the Spheare in the upper right corner, though it's not particularly visible in the photo. It supposedly "proves the sphearical roundnt of the Sea." I have no idea what a hand holding a gyroscope has to do with that.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14232 on: December 30, 2016, 05:05:30 pm »

Is there some significance to the black/white chequered decal along the bottom there?
My first thought is "police" for some reason, but I don't know...  It doesn't mean that in the US.

And that is a fine shot of the sunlit sea.  As for you, you look like the apparent majority of bay12ers (:
She/they

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14233 on: December 30, 2016, 05:09:59 pm »

Is there some significance to the black/white chequered decal along the bottom there?

In Wh40k, Orks believe that checkers make armor (any sort of panel on the outside of the vehicle, in broader terms) tougher, in the same manner as painting a vehicle red makes it go faster.
...and that concludes random facts by Comrade P.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14234 on: December 30, 2016, 05:35:54 pm »

That's what I was thinking of, thanks!
So basically orks are dumb, it's checkers that make 'm go fastah :P
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 988