Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: 'Axeblade' succesion game  (Read 19048 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: 'Axeblade' succesion game
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2010, 10:44:10 pm »

ok I feel like i've held onto this save for longer then intended, I played alittle got to mid-summer I believe, we got a dungeon master and lost two people, I think Diablous got hit by a goblin crossbowman broke his right arm and leg, and is unhappy, CoG got shot and has one working lung

uploading save now, here it is http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1866
now when I tryed saving the game crashed, but it still saved the game, which in my mind seems impossible I've never had a game any game save and not be curropt and unusable when it says saving and crashes

well good luck... And I'd wait for the HFS... Its really hardcore stuff, on my modded game I had 15 steel golems and 10 iron golems armed with crossbows and some dwarven soldiers and I still got steam rolled

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2010, 11:48:49 am »

The fort is progressing nicely, there seems to be some disgruntled dorfs, so whoever is next should upgrade the housing/dining before we have a tantrum spiral. 

WHO IS STILL IN THIS??? ANYONE WANT A TURN??? If no-one else replies, imma take a turn

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2010, 02:08:12 pm »

well as you could see Im still here lol

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2010, 03:17:57 pm »

I'm still here. Just throw me a save that actually works and I can get right on it, if need be.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2010, 03:42:41 pm »

It did that save and crash thing with me too. Since it still worked, I ignored it. Unless it causes any bad gliches I think we should still use it. If it causes any problems, I think the save from before me doesn't have it.

And poor Diablous, who will make mechanisms now!?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2010, 03:50:25 pm »

I'd take another turn too, though I think TKGP should go next since he's before me on the waiting list.
Nom nom nom

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2010, 04:36:46 pm »

TKGP, you get the next turn, then if warhammer comes back, he'll get the one after yours, otherwise kilikan will go after you

so
->TKGP
    ->warhammer (if he comes back)
->Kilikan
->???(me i guess, unless something else comes up)
->?????

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2010, 05:03:46 pm »

Alright, downloading HtD's save right now, hopefully this works.
Edit: So far works fine, but since it's Mid-Summer, how long should I play? The rest of the year and the next? Till next Mid-Summer?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:08:16 pm by TKGP »
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2010, 05:13:39 pm »

2 real life days. Thats the rules.
To be partly feline,

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2010, 05:15:22 pm »

2 real life days. Thats the rules.
Ah, alright. I'm just used to the one in-game year limit. Time to begin playing in earnest.
Cave adaption.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2010, 05:22:53 pm »

I'll take another turn after everyone, and play for two human days, if you can manage to get 2 or 3 dwarf years in, it don't bother me, hell I only got one and a third of a season in lol

O and updates I forgot to mention, Seige engines (ballistas) are set up facing the road out through the wall's gate, was building four archer towers inside the wall (all towers are linked to archery ranges basement) set low,high, and restricted path finders (road is high,some ponds are restricted incase of winter thaw) umm... traded with humans for metal bars, and drink.

I find it funny that some of the goblin ambushes had human children warriors, one had killed two elves I believe (it was a honor killing him, he will be remembered :'( ) and a human shopkeeper, and noone told me that a elf swordsman was the humans guild rep lol

and diablous your leg and arm are just broken lol they will heal

also if noone minds I renamed a carpender to "Usgar" his is Hugo's younger brother, his profession is "Hugo's Brother" hard to miss lol

The captain of the guard... what job can he do in his condition... you know the lung lol

I know this might be out of the question but can we mod wagons and pack animals to carry twice as mch trade goods? Cuz the defualt trading seems weak... But just twice or three times as much because I have a other game where wagons can hold 500 tons, it takes almost from when they start unloading to when they almost leave to get all the goods out, and a season to put it all back and leave

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2010, 05:42:53 pm »

O and updates I forgot to mention, Seige engines (ballistas) are set up facing the road out through the wall's gate, was building four archer towers inside the wall (all towers are linked to archery ranges basement) set low,high, and restricted path finders (road is high,some ponds are restricted incase of winter thaw) umm... traded with humans for metal bars, and drink

Very nice. We will be well protected.

I find it funny that some of the goblin ambushes had human children warriors, one had killed two elves I believe (it was a honor killing him, he will be remembered :'( ) and a human shopkeeper, and noone told me that a elf swordsman was the humans guild rep lol

What is with the goblins and their new child soldiers? As for the guild rep, we have a goblin fishery worker as our liason, that is a drop in the bucket there.

and diablous your leg and arm are just broken lol they will heal

I know, just being dramatic. And FYI, Kilakan gave me a she-dwarf.

also if noone minds I renamed a carpender to "Usgar" his is Hugo's younger brother, his profession is "Hugo's Brother" hard to miss lol

I don't mind.

The captain of the guard... what job can he do in his condition... you know the lung lol

Nothin' till he heals. Maybe he won't "punish" any dwarves.

I know this might be out of the question but can we mod wagons and pack animals to carry twice as mch trade goods? Cuz the defualt trading seems weak... But just twice or three times as much because I have a other game where wagons can hold 500 tons, it takes almost from when they start unloading to when they almost leave to get all the goods out, and a season to put it all back and leave

That is up to Magic. He started this, so it is his decision.
To be partly feline,

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2010, 09:36:12 pm »

just a suggestion lol, I can live without it just thought it would make trading more useful... too bad there wasn't a way to make merchants try to barter (ask) for more goods, like how when you get a low level trader the merchants requests a ton of items cuz he knows that your trader knows nothing about how much your stuff costs, Lol i can see it now Trader Wars two legendary traders throwing offers and counter-offers back and forth until they reach a agreement lol intense

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2010, 03:24:09 pm »

just a suggestion lol, I can live without it just thought it would make trading more useful... too bad there wasn't a way to make merchants try to barter (ask) for more goods, like how when you get a low level trader the merchants requests a ton of items cuz he knows that your trader knows nothing about how much your stuff costs, Lol i can see it now Trader Wars two legendary traders throwing offers and counter-offers back and forth until they reach a agreement lol intense

"Trader Wars" That would be awesome! :D
To be partly feline,

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2010, 08:54:45 pm »

Well, long story short, I was doing pretty ok, but than accidentally breached the HFS and got my metaphorical (and literal) shit handed to me. Next person should just pick up with HtD's save.
Cave adaption.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15