Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44415 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Begin!
« Reply #225 on: April 05, 2010, 12:36:45 pm »

ya but my military won't equip, and thus they are wrestling.
Nom nom nom

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 05, 2010, 12:39:24 pm »

ya but my military won't equip, and thus they are wrestling.

Not a bug. Take a look-see.

ed- page moved, link altered to reflect such
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 08:57:20 pm by Retro »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2010, 12:57:48 pm »

ah thanks, was looking for that page for ever and couldn't find it!
Nom nom nom

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2010, 08:58:29 pm »

Currently trying my hardest to not produce wealth after reading about the difficulty players have had withholding a siege. I get the military but damned if my little guys are tough enough to fight off any battle not weighted heavily in their favour.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 06, 2010, 12:18:13 am »

Question:

Seeing as I break into a Cavern from its roof, and all the critters down there are land walkers. Am I breaking the rules (Namely the one saying the fort must be open to everything) if I build floors and stuff attached to the upper wall and slowly build a ladder down to the Main floor???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2010, 02:07:56 am »

I don't think so. It's like choosing to not bridge the river. The rules don't say you have to be open to everything, just that you can't be closed from everything.
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 06, 2010, 03:23:05 am »

Oh dear, I tried to start again from the beginning with a fresh install, but now I can't...
Has anyone ever extracted the Zip and experienced it flipping out saying something something can't be extracted???

Edit 2mins later: And now its not... ODD!!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:27:39 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 06, 2010, 07:40:17 am »

Ant People.....
This does not look pleasant. Three shields and a Spear. Not nice thankyou very much. And has anyone found where that GCS is hiding? These are dead webs...

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 06, 2010, 09:10:48 am »

Had to start from beginning (was only at the beginning of first autumn) because my external HD where the game and the saves were crashed. Every data inside it is lost as far as I know, so had to download the game again as well as the contest save.

If this is considered breaking the rules, I'm fine with being left out from the contest, though I'm still playing the fort.

So, now when the information of my situation has been cleared up, here is my status after first year:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
First year behind.

The wealth of my fortress is 49130 dwarfbucks, which consist of 44 bucks form created weapons, 12965 bucks from furniture, 19559 bucks from Other objects, 8583 bucks from architecture, 7935 bucks from displayed and 44 bucks from held/worn.
I have imported 18316 bucks and exported 5510 bucks.

My population is 18 and I have only four animals, two dogs, one puppy and one cat.

Food stores area steady with over 400 drinks, 89 meat and 65 plants.

So far I have masonry, carpentry and crafting industry running non-stop with one carpentry, two masonry and one crafting workshop. Besides of those I have established jewelry idnustry next to crafting, which is running with one jewelry workshop cutting gems and encrusting trading goods with them. Jewelry is running whenever I have gems, which means there are periods when I have not found more gems and the jewel dwarf has run out material. Those periods are brief, luckily.

I have also established small metal industry, though it uses wood as fuel and so far haven't had much use for it, except with constructing couple of chains to support my operation. I have ordered some lignite and bituminous coal from liason, so perhaps soon I will have it running more or less non-stop.

Lastly from industry side I have farming running with 10*10 farm, so far only growing plump helmets to support food stocks. I have also one brewer with dedicated dwarf and one tanner and one butcher workshops with one dwarf running them both.

I have constructed small ballisade in my entrance, as I dug straight down, to cover my entrance. There is clear 3 tiles wide cap in the ballisade, guarded by two chained dogs and several cage traps.

I have hospital set up with three beds, ten coffers and five traction benches.

I have dormitory set up for my incoming military, and training barrack is nearly completed.

For housing I have dug 22 small 3*3 houses and 5 5*5 houses for nobility.
I have also dug two 5*5 rooms for my leader which are appointed to be study and dining room for him.

I have also 11*11 sized general dining room with 28 tables and 28 thrones, 7 statues and nearly smoothed floor. My next plan after the smoothing is completed is to engrave the floor.

Under this whole setup I have begun digging my main fortress, so what I have completed so far is only my supporting fort for incoming operations. The first floor of my main fortress is nearly complete, and it will contain masonry, carpentry and metal industry.

Note: I wrote the report while in university and didn't have connection to internet. Too lazy to rewrite it so I just copied it from text file
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 06, 2010, 10:40:50 am »

ther's not actually a GCS anywhere down there, underground creatures migrate on and off the map, through underground tunnels, so we may get a GCS eventually but there isn't one there now, atleast on the first level.. muahaha
Nom nom nom

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 06, 2010, 12:15:07 pm »

Small summer update.

Begun moving all my starting industries to main fortress. Leather workshop set up and running, mostly due the demand of bags to store seeds and the amount of spare leather lying around. Yes, I had one of those "21 migrants with 20 animals" immigrant waves as well.

First artifact created:
Gecastuker "Skewerwaves", a oaken cabinet

Weight: 21
Basic Value: 54000

"This is a oaken cabinet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with oak. THis object menaces with spikes of cat leather. On the item is an image of many-pointed stars in maple. On the items is an image of Skewerwave the oaken cabinet in maple. On the Item is an image of Skewewaves the oaken cabinet in emerald."
 :o

Boosted my Created wealth up to 130k bucks...

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2010, 12:20:49 pm »

BY THE FIRST SUMMER!?!?!?!? omg man... are you using speed zero or what?
I finnally got to summer without having everyone killed by vicious groundhogs, and have a above-ground farming operation and cage traps set up, rooms and dinning room almost dug out.  Also, did anyone else notice our farmer likes slade... the only unminable rock.
Nom nom nom

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 06, 2010, 12:28:27 pm »

No, second summer. I posted my first year report which is the one before your post  ;)

Right after the first year ended I got migration wave of 25 dwarves. That meant some quite badass boosting to created wealth.

I have been lucky with undead things this time. Yeah, the big wave was harrased by zombie horses, but all migrants got away while the horses concentrated on one kitten :D

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2010, 12:30:15 pm »

my guys always try to wrestle the zombies whether they are in the military or not...
Nom nom nom

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2010, 12:32:33 pm »

Mine just run away in fear...

Except in my first fort before crashing, where my insane crossbowdwarf clubbed around 10 groundhog buzzard zombies to death before dying  :D

EDIT: I don't get why I wrote groundhogs instead of buzzards. Perhaps because I have seen lots of groundhogs but no buzzard in this fort...?  :-[
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:40:11 pm by Kipi »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43