Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: This Season on FOX: The Sarah Palin Hour  (Read 10436 times)

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
Re: This Season on FOX: The Sarah Palin Hour
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2010, 04:28:22 pm »

Yeah I knew he wasnt saying those things and I really dont care fo ron paul.(First republican that came into my mine) I was raging against the machine website.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2010, 04:29:54 pm »

But that's like raging at timecube.com. It won't change the idiocy and your head just hurts afterwards.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2010, 08:42:32 pm »

If we're still talking about the H1N1 vaccines then you should know that there are forms to forgo taking such shots and all vaccines in the U.S. I'm not sure about other countries, also you really can't refuse such vaccines if you're in the health-care business, which did cause quite a commotion (have fun ...link works right?). Just felt like throwing that out there.

The vaccine was also touted around in my school at one point (most people felt the side affects of all the crap packed into it) I didn't take it; in fact I had a cousin with it who contracted the disease move all around my house touching practically everything I had and guess what, I did not get it.

Although I will admit I did catch something else, nothing serious though, just a fever over one hundred and stiff joints; I went to the clinic to see if it were the H1N1 but guess what, THEY DIDN'T KNOW EITHER! so after a few X-rays and some more tests, they just put me on meds.

In truth, this whole health-care debate in the U.S. would all be rather moot if people simply ate healthier and worried more about staying healthy rather then getting sick.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2010, 09:06:22 pm »

So a good diet can prevent all forms of injury, congenital disease, infection, and environmental toxins?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2010, 09:42:06 pm »

No, no one's saying that, but 1/3 American adults are OBESE, not overweight, but they are morbidly FAT. The number one killer here is heart disease.

These things can be reduced if people ate real food and drank real water (you know, not processed chemical shit) and exercised.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2010, 09:45:09 pm »

That stuff tastes nasty and/or costs more.  Sure, I could drink water with every meal and spend $500 a week at Whole Foods, or I could drink Dr. Pepper slightly more than my water bill and get three cheeseburgers a day for $5.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2010, 09:47:33 pm »

Are you getting your statistics from the AMA or from the news media? The bit about heart disease is valid, but the obesity rate you cited is a matter of some debate, as there's about a dozen different standards as to where obesity starts.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2010, 09:47:38 pm »

Which in the long run helps give rise to our health care/insurance problems in this country :P Not to mention is terrible for you in general.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2010, 09:57:07 pm »

Are you getting your statistics from the AMA or from the news media? The bit about heart disease is valid, but the obesity rate you cited is a matter of some debate, as there's about a dozen different standards as to where obesity starts.

According the WHO it's

BMI / Overweight / Obesity
BMI ≥ 30 kg/mē    41.8 American females    36.5 American males

BMI / Overweight / Obesity
mean BMI (kg/mē)    28.8   American females 28.4 American Males

Taken directly from their website.

American CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/overwt.htm - stats: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus08.pdf#070

More tables at first link

(Data are for the U.S.)

Percent of noninstitutionalized adults age 20 years and over who are overweight or obese: 67% (2005-2006) Kaelnote: This should be 50% right? so 67% doesn't sound that bad.
Percent of noninstitutionalized adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 34% (2005-2006) awww crap, some people who are fat are really fat.
Percent of adolescents age 12-19 years who are overweight: 18% (2005-2006)
Percent of children age 6-11 years who are overweight: 15% (2005-2006)
Percent of children age 2-5 years who are overweight: 11% (2005-2006)

Regardless of how you look at it, we're pretty fat, and it's because of our general lifestyle choices - such as preferring sludge to water. Stepping into any walmart-esque whatnot will confirm these studies for you, or make you think they're low estimates.

EDIT for sources.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 10:29:45 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2010, 10:02:52 pm »

That stuff tastes nasty and/or costs more.  Sure, I could drink water with every meal and spend $500 a week at Whole Foods, or I could drink Dr. Pepper slightly more than my water bill and get three cheeseburgers a day for $5.

And honestly, if you don't stuff pounds and pounds of it into your head, you won't get fat.  My diet is awful and I'm not fat.
Shoes...

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2010, 10:06:57 pm »

And honestly, if you don't stuff pounds and pounds of it into your head, you won't get fat.  My diet is awful and I'm not fat.
It also depends on your body chemistry/metabolism. Some people eat 1 pound of chocolate and gain like 5 pounds ;P or so the ex told me.

Another sobering one is
http://webapp.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/leadcaus10.html

Click the first "submit request" button and see how you're likely to die!

PS: Malignant Neoplasms are cancer.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2010, 10:58:35 pm »

Water doesn't "taste nasty", nor does a lot of healthy food; one reason people think healthy food tastes bad is probably because they're just not familiar with it and have no idea what to get or what they're doing.

Soda is pretty awful as far as health is concerned and is just a totally unnecessary cost, and healthy food isn't necessarily expensive, either. It's often actually cheaper and healthier to make stuff for yourself, and you can get healthy food at places other than Whole Foods (which is overpriced, from what I hear). Healthy food has been getting more popular lately, meaning you can get it a bit more easily and cheaply.

I can basically eat anything I want and not gain weight at all. This isn't true of most people. You're forgetting to consider how large the variation between individuals is here.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2010, 12:00:12 pm »

Hurr Durr mercury causes cancer and so does aliminium. I hate this shit I had to do a report on vaccines and found a bunch of retarded websites which were probably written by some crystal adult.

Heres one.

http://www.rense.com/general54/Cancer-causing_vaccinesR.htm
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2010, 12:21:38 pm »

I lost all my taste, burgers and lots of other unhealthy stuff after I hit 19, for some reason. Ever since I started drinking natural orange juice made on the spot, I changed my habits, and I don't know exactly why.
Not like unhealthy food even affected me before, I never got heavier then 65 kilos.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2010, 12:39:41 pm »

The most common cause of death for white, non-hispanic males in Ohio is unintentional injury.  That doesn't surprise me.

Nephritis is number 8.  It's all the Coke we drink.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14