Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28095 times)

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
God Game
« on: January 10, 2010, 02:59:16 pm »

I am ARMOK. My Wrath is swift, but fair.

New Deities should read my LAWS in their entirety, and, if appropriate, the ACTs of the current AEON.

ACTS

#1. Every time I post, all deities will receive one ACT with which they may influence the world. The current amount of ACTs possessed by each god will be listed at the bottom of each post.

#2. All deities are allowed to save up 2 or 3 ACTs (which would take 2 or 3 days) if they so choose, and then use them all at the same time.

#3. All deities are bound by the dictates of all previous ACTs.

#4. An ACT should consist of a description (as long or short as you wish it), and a one sentence summary in bold.

Id sees the flat expanse of the world, and fluffing his whiskers summons his powers. A long crack forms in the world, pouring forth magma which solidifies into the chain of mountains that will be known as the Towers of Creation.

Id Asënzim creates the Towers of Creation.

Do not use bold for anything besides the summary.

#5. Any act should only consist of one significant action, as summed up in the summary. You may attempt to accomplish more than one thing with one ACT, but doing so flagrantly invites the WRATH OF ARMOK.

The Passing of AEONS

#6. AEONS are like chapters.  At some point, ARMOK will call for a vote to initiate a new AEON, for which a majority wins. If the AEON does NOT pass, then ARMOK will begin to intervene directly in the affairs of creation. Eventually, another vote will be called by the same rules, and with the same outcome if it is not passed.

When a new AEON is opened, the last one is closed.  A lengthy undisclosed amount of time passes for which the cosmos to develop unmolested by the gods.  A short description by ARMOK will head each AEON and set-the-stage so to speak.

PARADOX and RETIREMENT

#7. If 5 days pass in which a deity does not post, it will be destroyed by PARADOX. You cannot exist and not-exist at the same time.

#8. RETIREMENT is available for those that know that something will keep them absent for more than 5 days. When a deity retires, he is replaced, just as if he had suffered PARADOX. But if the deity returns, he will be put at the top of the waiting list.

THE WRATH OF ARMOK

This is when ARMOK intervenes directly to meddle with your plans, because you have broken the rules. Don't complain! You yourself called upon the WRATH OF ARMOK by breaking the rules.

Joining Up

Just post the name of your prospective god. You may wish to also write up a proper Dwarf Fortress stat block.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Though it will have no effect on the gameplay.

Current Deities

Retired Deities
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:04:30 pm by rubberduck »

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 04:17:32 pm »

100killer9 was a deity that no one worshipped. He often took the form of a male human and was a god of jealousy, vanity, greed, and kittens.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 07:09:24 pm »

Beanchubbs is a God of Chaos. He often takes the form of an Axeman, and is associated with violence and death.

Edit: Also, what is the goal of this? Is it just to shape the world, destroy the other gods, or something else?
If there is no goal and we can just screw around as gods, that is perfectly fine with me as well.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 09:26:26 pm by Beanchubbs »
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 07:29:42 pm »

Hillburra was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Poptarts of Toasting. Hillburra was most often depicted as a giant olm and was associated with food and convenience.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 07:58:37 pm »

Geb is a deity worshipped by members of The Island of Discomfort. Geb is commonly depicted as a giant lizard and is associated with law, civilisation, incompetence, and steel.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 08:28:49 pm »

Do we get an act yet?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 08:53:02 pm »

Greenleaf was a god of the elven civilization called the canibalistic nut. was most often depicted as a giant Rhesus macaque, and is associated with trees, flowers, and hippies.

(I think I make 5, and he said he wanted 5 to start, so hopefully soon.)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 08:57:13 pm »

Bal is a Deity worshipped by members of the The Anvil of Creation. Bal was most often depicted as a male dwarf and is associated with magma and smithing.

[Edit] Nooo! Haika stole my spot :P

To the waiting list with me!
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 09:18:24 pm »

Also, I assume ACTs can trivialize, but not contradict, previous acts, right?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 09:24:37 pm »

Blind Io was a Deity worshipped by members of the Flat Domains. Blind Io was most often depicted as a male human and is associated with thunder and watchfulness.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 09:32:18 pm »

Edit: Also, what is the goal of this? Is it just to shape the world, destroy the other gods, or something else?
If there is no goal and we can just screw around as gods, that is perfectly fine with me as well.
I can see this turning into something in paticular. You'll see if we get to that.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
1st AEON - Age of the Void
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 11:24:18 pm »

The game is sandbox. There are no goals except those you set yourself. Making the elves take over the world; elevate a species to the Pitchblende age; flooding the world with magma. A goal of just messing with the other gods doesn't tend to end very well. For the world.

Also, I assume ACTs can trivialize, but not contradict, previous acts, right?

An ACT can never be unmade, but the results can be tinkered with to all your liking. You cannot make it so Greenleaf's elves never existed, but you can inflict them with a deadly plague, or aim a meteor at their forest retreat. If the elven king was made to be honest and good-hearted, you cannot retroactively make him evil, but you are free to twist his heart to evil now.

In beginning there was nothing. No light, no darkness, no room, no emptiness.

Only nothing.

Then Armok awoke from his slumber and he stretched out his hand and he created the void. Now there was emptiness and darkness.

Satisfied with his work, he let fall five drops of blood, each drop taking a different form as it splattered against the canvas of eternity; a male human, an axeman,  a giant olm, a giant lizard and  a giant Rhesus macaque. And he gave these beings influence over the void. Influence to create and destroy, command and manipulate.

And Armok withdrew to his throne, and waited to see what the new gods would do.

Thus began the 1st AEON.

ACTs

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 11:43:03 pm »

Greenleaf pulled a single white hair from his tail, and flinged it into the void, as it was torn apart, the little sparkles the divine hair gave off become light from stars. The base of the hair became the Sun, and all others rotated around thus.

Greenleaf creates the stars, bringing light to offset the darkness.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:45:17 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 12:14:21 am »

Beanchubbs grabs 5 of these stars in his hand. As he compresses them in his fist, they solidify into a round, rocky mass. Beanchubbs then flicks the rock out into the grouping of stars.

Beanchubbs creates a barren rock.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 12:18:31 am »

Hillburra had a strange look inhabit his olmy features, one of severe discomfort, a great swelling appeared in his belly which grew and grew. Light shone out of Hillburra's skin as a large ball oozed out his mouth and thus it was that The giant olm Hillburra had vomitied the first planet into existence and from the primodial ooze that had been the other contents of the great celestial olm stomach life emerged.

Hillburra creates a planet filled with very primitive lifeforms (algae, plankton, bacteria and whatnot)
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25