Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: [DAY 4]Aztec Mafia[SPANIARD WIN]  (Read 37783 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: [DAY 1]Aztec Mafia
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2010, 03:42:51 pm »

ExKirby : A bunch. Enough for this to go on for 3 days.
Unvote darn, I predicted such an answer.

ExKirby
: You could've easily lurked away for a little longer. Why didn't you?
Avoiding a bandwagon? I do that too, but that doesn't mean Solifuge isn't playing "I'm scum" joke.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2010, 03:46:31 pm »

I generally don't like lurking. Most of this happened while I was catching some Zs/at school.

I just generally dislike bandwagoning.

Anyway, seeing as I'm a rubbish scumhunt, and there's at least two priests, I will probably join the claimwagon in saying that I'm a vanilla Aztec. I wouldn't reccomend anyone else claiming-We may only have two priests, and claiming will be WIFOMy. I can probably get away with it, because I can be Sacrificed.

...I am making sense, right?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2010, 03:49:00 pm »

EBWOP-Brainwave. In a game like this, we can possibly get away with a no-lynch. Is it worth going for one?

And yes, I do want to be Sacrificed.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2010, 03:56:47 pm »

If all the vanillas claim in one day, that makes it rather easy for the scum to pick their targets. I strongly suggest no-one else claim today. Also, how can anyone know the number of priests? If there's only one, we definitely don't want to sacrifice Cortes in the first night.

ExKirby : You could've easily lurked away for a little longer. Why didn't you?
Avoiding a bandwagon? I do that too, but that doesn't mean Solifuge isn't playing "I'm scum" joke.

Personally, I'd rather he not lurk - it's hardly a pro-town tactic after all. Also, I was lying in wait to see if he'd post at the time, so he wouldn't have gotten away with it  :P
The fish are watching.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2010, 03:58:46 pm »

Well, I'm confident that there's no double Cortes. And that there's at least 2 Preists.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2010, 04:06:32 pm »

How awesome would it have been if I was Cortes, and duped every Priest into sacrificing me on the first turn, only to have them all die by my sword?

IE. There is a problem with sacraficial offers, specifically those that will come later in the game. I suspect ExKirby is as he says, since it would be a fool's move to out yourself as the most powerful Spaniard on the first turn, but its a thought to keep in mind.

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2010, 04:10:54 pm »

How awesome would it have been if I was Cortes, and duped every Priest into sacrificing me on the first turn, only to have them all die by my sword?

My fear exactly. Though having only one priest sacrifice only one person (with town knowing who it is) makes it immediately obvious if the sacrifice is Cortes.

As for nolynching, there is no advantage of lynching over sacrificing that I can see, except if Cortes is hit. Depending on the ratio between scum, priests and other town, even that may not be too bad a trade.
The fish are watching.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2010, 04:36:19 pm »

Though I'm all for Democratizing Murder, I think I'm down for voting No Lynch.

Also, for a tentative Sacraficial Plan:
- High Priest, if there is one, sacrifice me.
- Ritual Priest, if there is one, sacrifice ExKirby.

This way, we can also divulge some info to the town, and make sure that (if we have both) they don't both try and kill the same Aztec.

Potential Problem with killing two named targets per night:
In the event that ExKirby IS a very bold Hernando Cortez, the evidence we would have (IE that a Priest had died, and he or I hadn't been sacrificed) could be misrepresented, or confused by the other nighttime events... especially if there were only one Priest, or if the spaniards got lucky and nixed one of them. Anyone got any ideas?

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2010, 04:51:42 pm »

Sacrifices go before the scumkill, so if a priest sacrifices and is NKed, the sacrifice goes through. If a priest hits Cortes, it doesn't.

There are still two situations we have to avoid if we go with this plan: a priest not following the plan, or a roleblock+NK. If the plan is to work in 100% of the cases, roleblockers should not action, and neither should priests other than the High Priest and Ritual Priest.

Only sacrificing claimed VTs does carry a problem though - if scum doesn't claim VT, they won't die :P. We should therefore definitely keep scumhunting. (I see you Rolan, come out and post!)

I'll be gone for the next 24 hours or so - sleep and RL are calling me.
The fish are watching.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2010, 05:02:25 pm »

Yeah, I have a better suggestion.  We find a Spaniard to lynch, and then we sacrifice our townies.

This isn't a "sacrificing townies" game.  This is a killing Spaniards game, and there's no reason to No-Lynch if we could make a shot at a Spaniard and then get our sacrifices.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2010, 05:30:46 pm »

Vote Count
Vector-
Zai-Dak
Neruz-Vector
Pandar-
Rooster-
Dakarian-Zai, Neruz
Rolan-
Solifuge-magma, pandar
RedWarrior-Webadict
ExKirby-Rooster
JaaSwB-Rolan7
MagmaDeath-
Webadict-
No vote-Solifuge

Please, when unvoting, put who you unvote.

Redwarrior better get here soon or a prod as I dont think he has posted at all. Please correct me if he has.

I will not tell how many priests there might be.

There cannot be two Cortezes(spelling? Cortezs?). He is a Unique person.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2010, 05:31:53 pm »

In case the dozen posts about frenchmen didn't give it away, that was part of the random vote process.
Bull motherfucking shit, my friend. If you're telling the truth about considering that a random vote, you fail at RVS. You do not "randomly" vote someone who already has quite a few votes on them. If you do, you're either stupid or aren't paying attention, and in either case you are a liability for the town.

Unvote Dak. Neruz, ho!
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2010, 06:02:05 pm »

That's not quite right Org, I voted Dakarian early on for criticizing Zai for lurker-hunting.  JaaSwb noticed, heh.

I'm sorry I don't have more to offer here.  The amount of posts is overwhelming, and I'm feeling useless based on BM8.

I feel lost not knowing how many of each profession there are.  If we did know, I think mass-claim would be a good strategy since the priests+lynch could kill off all the "peasants" including any lying spaniards before the spaniards could get NK them off.  But without knowing anything useful with certainty, I'm leaving the initial scum-hunting to the experts.  For example, I have no idea whether Dakarian is acting like himself or not.  When scum start making mistakes I'll jump on that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2010, 06:20:14 pm »

Vote Count
Vector-
Zai-Dak, Rolan
Neruz-Vector
Pandar-
Rooster-
Dakarian-Zai, Neruz
Rolan-
Solifuge-magma, pandar
RedWarrior-Webadict
ExKirby-Rooster
JaaSwB-
MagmaDeath-
Webadict-
No vote-Solifuge

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2010, 06:35:16 pm »

@Rolan

No need to do that.  Truth is, the 'expert spotting' you are seeing that you don't have is Meta: the knowledge of how a player acts when compared to how they acted in past game.  For example, if a person acted bold as a townie, but wishy washy as scum, and they acted wishy washy this game, they might be scum.

In truth, it's an effective method, but NOT the only method of scumhunting.  Just look for traditional signs of scum:  Passiveness, defensiveness, wishy washiness, lack of desire to hunt (or simply 'pretending' to hunt), and a lack of paranoia (townies think ANYONE could be scum.  Scum already know).  Reading posts for those signs and trying to figure out a person's motives doesn't require past knowledge of the player at all. 

So no, you don't need to wait.

Besides, passiveness is not just a scumtell, but, even when town does it, it leads to a town loss anyway.  A directed, strong attack on someone is best, but even a reckless attack with little good proof is much better than doing nothing.

Meanwhile:

Waiting on Neruz's case against me.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29