Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monkey Horde  (Read 1247 times)

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
Monkey Horde
« on: December 31, 2009, 06:25:17 pm »

I was checking on my hunter because the rest of my fort was busy and I like watching my hunters hunt. She was chasing a pheasant and shot it down, then in the upper left corner of my screen I see 40 rhesus macaques coming. I'm not exaggerating either. A couple of months ago I increased the size of rhesus macaque groups just for fun, forgot to change it back, and haven't played on a map with them ever since. A few of them mauled her a bit when they charged past.

Currently they are engaging my wrestler militia.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 06:26:58 pm by Beanchubbs »
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
Re: Monkey Horde
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 06:27:35 pm »

Yer I've done that with horses and deers for food.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 07:09:25 am »

I had a rhesus macaque invasion too, they all charged through my meeting hall, and luckily I was fast enough to draft everyone: remember that monkeys are unarmed, and a single steel-equipped champion can kill a lot of them.

The second time I had an invasion, they all stole loose bolts left in the fields after my last siege.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 07:34:42 am »

Those damn monkeys are trouble even unmodded. One of my starting fort's metalsmiths learned that the hard way.

Seven monkeys suddenly charge all the way from the jungle, into the underground fort, for god knows what.

They seemed content just running there and freaking out everyone. That, and jumping on the blacksmith on their way out.

They clawed her eye out.

And I never did catch that monkey who did it.

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 07:51:10 am »

monkeys are useful.
They steal everything outside.

I modded their numbers just that they could clean up the mess for me.
Art is a Blast

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 11:41:38 am »

As long as they steal outside, ok, but if you mod them to appear in packs of 250 and you got no items outside... good luck.

Roostre

• Bay Watcher
  • DF addict since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 01:21:35 pm »

I actually lost my first fortress to a rhesus macaque raid. I still only had my initial seven, and together they weren't tough enough to manage the whole group of about ten. In the end, only two monkeys were left standing in a bloodied corridor.

Look, I sucked at DF back then, okay?  :-[
Quote from: Ronnie James Dio
Beware; you've found the answer.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 01:25:09 pm »

I had another monkey invasion come, and they charged straight for the barracks. My assumption was that they wanted the torn off socks and shoes and other clothes. The rest of my military was either partying or drinking/eating, so the injured dwarves were left to fend for themselves. They killed a resting clothesmaker and further injured most of the other resting dwarves before I could my military got there.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 02:58:08 pm »

Just started a new fort... I found a nice spot where the jungle meets the mountains, with plenty of bauxite at the surface, etc...

No immigrants yet (partly by design), and I'm leveling all of my starting 7 up to at least Adept wrestlers right off the bat. Some mandrills showed up, pilfering a sock and a glove left over from sparring. I was cool with that until I got the alert "A mandrill has stolen Turtle (3)". Retribution was needed, so I enabled hunting on my Fisherdwarf. Now we have Minced mandrill roast.

The moral of this story is "If you're potentially on the menu, best not raid the pantry."
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 06:04:59 pm »

The 1st time I played DF with the raptor mod they attacked me so early, haven't got a single migrant yet. There was like 20 other raptors and it was a small ambush party! Well anyway they manage to kill 5 of my dwarfs and ran away. I thought that was alright I'll be getting migrants soon and then i can recover...but no,15 rhesus macaque barged in and stole everything! Even my iron anvil and the log I needed badly.My 2 dwarfs didn't even do anything, one of them was sleeping at the main gates and the other one was crying on the floor complaining about missing a left leg.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 09:52:52 pm »

and the other one was crying on the floor complaining about missing a left leg.

What a big baby.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 05:39:20 am »

The other one was crying on the floor complaining about missing a left leg.

A left leg? Does that mean he has others?

Still, what a wimp. One of my dwarves is doing fine with a massive hole in a lung.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 12:37:02 am »

The other one was crying on the floor complaining about missing a left leg.

A left leg? Does that mean he has others?

Still, what a wimp. One of my dwarves is doing fine with a massive hole in a lung.

Thats right he has 2 left foot. He falls over now and then and passes out while trying to get a drink.Once he got the booze he was fine. Got him a wheel chair (normal chair) and he just stays in one spot all depressed and died from starvation.