Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Icywings - Journey to the 9th circle  (Read 518 times)

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
Icywings - Journey to the 9th circle
« on: December 25, 2009, 07:31:56 pm »

I've decided to share this story with you for no other reason to waste time (Mine, not yours. If you feel like you've wasted time, that's your fault.)  I have a few personal mods that add a variety of dragons and some lengthy and complicated reactions for a few metals. I am also playing as a custom race, the Tethellosi, which is basically Humans who think they are dwarves, but that have a better appreciation for art and duty, have little pity and don't NEED alcohol, but they still want it. A year had passed (in game) before I thought of posting this up so I there's a nice chunk to get started. I was going to record on a weekly basis but Instead I'll probably switch to a seasonal report instead with dates for important events. Incidentally, I died a frozen wretch while writing this so here's my tale in it's entirety. I'll post the fate of Icywings II when I get the chance. Oddly, I feel satisfied that my fortress was wiped out so early.

This is the Tale of Icywings, a fledgling Tethellosi outpost.

The Founding 7:

Lashed '' Otdamatul - ArchitectDeceased
Nar '' Urvadorshar - CarpenterDeceased
Nekut '' Eraritdun - LeaderDeceased
Shoveth '' Oltarnokgol - Miner/MasonDeceased
Oth '' Lolarritas - Miner/MasonDeceased
Geth '' Tatluslem - MechanicLast SurvivorDeceased
Oggez '' Fotthororshar - Miner/MasonDeceased

Nekut Expedition Journal -

Year 3, Granite 1

We've arrived? Where the fuck are we!? It's freezing outside and snowing so hard I can't see where our wagon is. I've sent Lashed out to scout and find us a suitable place to dig in before we turn into fucking icicles. Goddamn the elder and damn who ever gave the order for an oceanside outpost.

Year 3, Granite 8

Well Shoveth, Oth, and Geth have managed to carve us a sizable cavern in the side of this god forsaken glacier. I haven't been able to make out any wildlife as of yet, not like anything can actually live out here.

Year 3, Granite 15

We've managed to build ourselves some beds, too bad there's no blankets. We've begon testing the soil outside to see how deep the ocean reaches inland. It seems we're wont have to worry too much in this climate though.

Year 3, Granite 22

Preliminary earth samples indicate a minimal ocean encroachment. Major Construction is scheduled to begin by next month. Still no excitement here in the 9th circle.

Year 3, Slate 1

Construction has begun on a set of towers to as the center of our outpost. This land may be a frigid bitch but so is my sister, (and I haven't murdered 'her' yet). Come hell and... you  know, at this point, I'll settle for hell.

Year 3, Slate 15

While in the midst of hauling food from our now buried wagon, Oggez found himself beset by an Ice Wolf. In his suprise he dropped his fish. Letting out a furious yell, Oggez charged the wolf, ripping it to pieces. Believing the danger over, all of us returned to our encampment. The very next day another wolf wandered into our cave. We will have fresh meat, and plenty of hit. THE HUNT IS ON! One of our mules was killed in the attack not that it mattered, we were going to eat it either way.
The Wolves have returned, much to our chagrin. The three wolves were slaughtered effortlessly.

(A small not is scribbled in the journal)
Goddamned leader fell asleep in the snow. What the hell is she thinking? We still have wolves out there ans she's taking a goddamn nap!
We lost a mule and I highly doubt the other will live much longer either.

Year 3, Malachite 17

Today we mourn the loss of two members of our expedition members. Oggez and Nar lost their lives in the line of duty while fighting an abombinable snowman. Ogguz went down first trying to strangle the damn thing. The rest of us couldn't get to him in time. Nar went down just as we felled the beast. Their sacrifice shall not be forgotten. Note: Install traps soon

Year 3, Malachite 27

I fear we may be doomed. Geth hasn't taken the death of his friends to well. He strangled the remaining horse last night. I fear one of us may be next. I haven't been feeling too good as of late. Maybe I should go lay down.

Year 3, Limestone 2

Dead, they're all dead. The only ones left are me and Geth, and hes been raging for a week now. I already have one foot in the grave as it is. I hope our merchants arrive soon, if not to save us, then to relay this message to our leaders: "GO BURN IN HELL ASSHOLES!!"

Geth's Survival Journal-

Year 3, Limestone 7

All gone. I'm all alone. Ah what wonderful... silence.

Year 4, Granite 4

Glorious blood! I found a snowman today. I ripped him... limb... from limb... and danced in it's blood. What glorious slaughter. I think I'll have meat tonight.

(I recorded this entry as soon as I noticed his latest thoughts included 'Reveled in slaughter recently')

Year 4, Slate 5

Geth fell to a goblin ambush; while a formidable foe, Geth was overwhelmed by their numbers. Only two goblins escaped to report to their leaders.

Well I suppose thats the end of Icywings I.
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.