Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Game Over! Mafia Win)  (Read 36917 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Day 2)
« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2010, 01:15:00 pm »

Quote from: Janus
He did something suspicious, I voted him for it.  That doesn't necessarily mean that he's guaranteed to be the most likely scum, but it does mean that I'm paying more attention to him.
You're being extremely inconsistent, JanusTwoFace.  I thought our argument meant one of us was almost definately scum?  I really don't like the way you're agreeing with me so much either.  I mean, quoting parts of my posts just to agree with them while pretending I'm almost confirmed is extremely strange, and I think it's buddying.

Questions:
Are you completely sure Apostolic Nihilist is scum?  If not, why aren't you following up any of your scumlist?
Quote from: Janus
I don't think that further fighting strictly between Leafsnail and Apostolic Nihilist would prove beneficial.  Without more people on each side mayhaps, but not just those two.

However, if such a fight were to take place, it would be interesting to see if either parties' opinion had changed.
So do you want the fight to continue or not?
You threatened to vote Vector before he made his first content post, which you have since said was unsatisfactory.  So are you going to vote him?  Do you think he's scum?  If you aren't sure, why aren't you trying to find out?
Quote from: JanusTwoFace
I'll admit that I may have jumped on AN a little strongly, but until he posts some sort of response I'll leave my vote.  It's been about 24 hours since his last post here although he joined Horrible Role Mafia about 4 hours ago.
So is it a pressure vote or a lynching vote?

Now, Eduren.  You seem to think I could be scum due to my fight with Apostolic Nihilist.  Well, am I?  If you aren't sure, why haven't you asked me any questions about it?  I find your comment on me in your scumlist confusing, and I'd like you to clarify it.

Now, finally, Apost.
Quote from: Apostolic Nihilist
At this point? I still think Leafsnail is scummy. Less so than I did before (admittedly, my attacks were shallow and ridden with holes), but I think the way he behaved yesterday was scummish. Tossing his vote around, for instance. He had somewhat valid reasoning, but it's still odd.
If your grounds for suspecting me happened yesterday, why didn't you mention it more when you attacked me earlier?
Quote from: Apost
Dorf wasn't a bad lynch, but I still don't think he was the 'best'.
If you had someone more scummy than dorf in mind, who were they?  Why aren't you pushing them today?

Quote from: Apost
1. He didn't want Zai to be lynched. He could get rid of him at night and prevent his role from being passed on to others.
2. He wanted the suspicions against him to be dropped. He took out dorf, and the push was easy.
These two look like they conflict.  If I felt it to be more important to deflect suspicion away from myself, I'd have just plonked my vote on Zai rather than on dorf.  Switching votes late is hardly a way to avoid scrutiny, as today has proved.  In addition, while a confirmed townie is obviously good for the town, I'd much rather have a dead mafia member than a confirmed townie.  Therefore, saying that the scum had to avoid a Zai lynch "At all costs" is completely wrong.

Actually, come to think of it, Pandarsenic changed his vote later than I did, and hasn't said much since.  Why are you attacking me while ignoring him?  Afterall, one vote alone isn't going to get someone lynched.

Finally, Pandarsenic, you thought I was scum yesterday, but jumped to dorf for some reason.  You haven't done anything of note at all today.  What are your suspicions?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2010, 02:37:14 pm »

@Leafsnail:

Your latest post is handing FoS to everyone.  I don't like that at all.  You're spreading suspicion around too thin.

@Eduren:

Answer my question.  You ignored me.

@Pandarsenic:

Answer my question, you got your laptop yesterday, right?  You can post more.

@Everyone:

Do you think Zai was killed to cause WIFOM like Apostolic says here,
I have a vague-ish feeling that Janus might be town. Zai's vote was on Janus at the end of D1, which means Zai would've been confirmed to him. If he was scum, there'd be no reason to nightkill him. He could take him out N2, if need be, and the WIFOM of Zai still being alive would likely overwhelm town. If Janus claimed to have gotten a 'town' message from Zai and he flipped town, I'm sure we'd all consider Janus to be significantly more townie.

Oh, and Janus: "flowery" language is rife throughout almost all of my posts -- it's not an anomaly.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2010, 03:45:16 pm »

Zai was killed because HE WAS THE NEIGHBORLY VOTER AND WAS THUS A CONFIRMED TOWNIE! Jesus christ, there's no WIFOM conspiracy (he could confirm himself), there's no alterior motives, there's no WIFOM unless you make it.

The scum killed Zai because he could confirm himself. That's it, end of story.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2010, 03:47:34 pm »

Laptop is back, apparently.

It never showed up yesterday and was supposedly lost in the mail. I plan to Monster Hunt with friends over Xlink Kai before doing any major posting.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2010, 04:09:04 pm »

Quote from: ToonyMan
Your latest post is handing FoS to everyone.  I don't like that at all.  You're spreading suspicion around too thin.
Well, it's like making a list, only with added details.  The idea was to get the attention of the people named.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 08, 2010, 04:21:51 pm »

When you [Pandarsenic] voted Dorf, you untied the vote.
Wait a second... I knew something about this quote bothered me.  What makes you think this?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 08, 2010, 07:32:36 pm »

Now, Eduren.  You seem to think I could be scum due to my fight with Apostolic Nihilist.  Well, am I?  If you aren't sure, why haven't you asked me any questions about it?  I find your comment on me in your scumlist confusing, and I'd like you to clarify it.
It wasn't a very strong suspicion to begin with. And after reviewing "The fight", you seem to be convinced that Apost is wrong. And while I agree that his conclusions were not the best, being wrong does not automatically make you scum.

So let me ask a question. What has Apost been doing that is scummy.

@Toony  I don't see a question...
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 09, 2010, 12:12:52 am »

Vote Count

Pandarsenic - ToonyMan [1]
Apostolic Nihilist - Leafsnail, JanusTwoface [3]
Leafsnail - Apostolic Nihilist, Mr.Person [2]
JanusTwoface - Vector, eduren [2]

Apostolic Nihilist has been lynched!

Apostolic Nihilist was a Secret Exchange Voter (town)!

It is now Night.

Secret Exchange Voter - The person your vote lies on at the end of the Day exchanges their role with yours the following Day. You don't know what your role does.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:16:16 am by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Night 2)
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2010, 08:51:37 pm »

Vector has been killed!

Vector was a Lynch Delayer (town)!

Survivors:
Pandarsenic
Mr.Person
Leafsnail
eduren
JanusTwoface
ToonyMan

Lynch Delayer - You may choose to force a delay on any lynches besides yours to the end of the next Day.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Day 3)
« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2010, 08:54:18 pm »

Damnation and deep sadness
For the death of mathematical concepts
But though you may mourn his absence
Continue on good precepts

</good god, that's a terrible quatrain>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2010, 09:06:42 pm »

Guys, I was just vanilla'd and I'm telling you because this is too absurd not to explain.

Day 1, I was backup voter. Web told me I replaced the Shielded Voter. As a town player, I rather like being able to vote so I pointed out to Web that the Shielded Voter wouldn't be backup-replaceable. He agreed, I returned to being backup. Next day, I got Lynch Delayer, got flipped to the Lovestruck Voter, and then got Vanilla'd.

This is also important because there is no more Lovestruck Voter.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2010, 09:10:27 pm »

You're vanilla because I'm the Ice Cream Voter.  I was the only one voting you at the end of the day.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2010, 09:14:12 pm »

Oh, wait, that-

Right, that's not a night action.

Sorry if you wanted to keep that secret.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2010, 09:29:44 pm »

Dorf, perhaps your lack of aggression stems from the fact that you're actually behind the recent killings?  What were you doing last night, and who would you want as your partners in crime?

I know of the "Secret Voter", who can secretly pm his real vote to webadict while appearing to vote for someone else, if he so wishes.

Vote Count

Pandarsenic - ToonyMan [1]
Apostolic Nihilist - Leafsnail, JanusTwoface [3]
Leafsnail - Apostolic Nihilist, Mr.Person [2]
JanusTwoface - Vector, eduren [2]

Apostolic Nihilist has been lynched!

Apostolic Nihilist was a Secret Exchange Voter (town)!

It is now Night.

Secret Exchange Voter - The person your vote lies on at the end of the Day exchanges their role with yours the following Day. You don't know what your role does.

What the hell, Leafsnail? How do you explain this?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2010, 10:19:57 pm »

I'm not one for mafia theory, but don't we No Lynch at this point?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21