Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mormon Dwarves  (Read 3984 times)

Wayward Garden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wayward Garden
Re: Mormon Dwarves
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 10:59:08 pm »

Not Mormon, because I'm pretty sure if you check any of their profiles it will say "Needs alcohol to get through the working day."

We human Mormons don't drink because humans and alcohol don't mix well in the long term (and sometimes the short term as well), but dwarves are different. Dwarves don't get drunk when they drink too much; they get Sober when they drink too little. Maybe the Word of Wisdom would work differently for them. I don't know. It's never come up.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 11:41:40 pm »

SolarShado: MIscarriages are announced in the Thoughts screen, so with some planning it should be possible to ascertain when one was had.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 09:01:51 am »

I think miscarriages can be triggered by things like violence; for example, once my female mayor, who had had a baby the previous year, was beaten up and hospitalized by a woodcutter who was upset over another dwarf's death. Shortly after, I noticed that the miscarriage message appeared in her recent events.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 06:36:33 pm »

Yes, I was fairly sure that violence was the primary source of miscarriage.

Has anyone ever seen a miscarriage on an unhurt dwarf?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 11:08:17 pm »

Negative. The only miscarriage that I noticed was that of a random dwarf who was beaten for not fulfilling a mandate.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 11:13:16 pm »

I had a countess consort who had a string of miscarriages before she finally produced a child. I don't think I inflicted any violence on her, and I don't think any of my dwarves did either.

It's the only time I've seen something like it, though, so I assumed that there was some untracked fertility attribute between couples or something like that. Haven't really seen a miscarriage since.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 11:14:08 pm »

Yes, I was fairly sure that violence was the primary source of miscarriage.

Has anyone ever seen a miscarriage on an unhurt dwarf?

I'm not sure, but I think I had a baroness who had a miscarriage that wasn't from injury. She was really unhappy due to various stuff and then when I saw that she went insane, I checked her info out and saw she had a miscarriage, which is what pushed her over the edge, mentally speaking.

Having very high stress (bieng unhappy for a long time) could be a factor in it.
Pages: 1 [2]