Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56723 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Up to Rose Gold, 45 hours remain in Day 2)
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2010, 04:20:49 am »

Does anyone have a clue how voting is working yet?

I really need to go back and recount from the start of the first day as I can't make sense of the vote count to vote count changes.

Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2010, 09:49:57 am »

Does anyone else feel a MC?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2010, 10:33:51 am »

No.

Why would we need one?

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2010, 11:48:50 am »

Why are you pushing this, got a killer role that has to kill a certain other role? Or just Mafia looking for the most important roles? I already said it's very very scummy to pursue a Mass Claim. You're now easily the scummiest player around.

Unvote Shades. Vote Alsark. If I'm right again this vote should hit you RedWarrior0.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2010, 12:14:32 pm »

...Why? What's the point?

Vote count.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2010, 01:02:38 pm »

There you are, sitting around trying to figure out the voting (with success, you think), when a hatch in the sky opens, revealing blueness beyond. From the hatch falls a fine pewter tablet, which makes a crater in the soft sand as it lands near you. Rushing over to read it, you see that it says:

At last, at last! You've taken the first steps to figuring out how the rules work! Go, study! We assure you that you have the information, especially now.

Of course, the activation of rule 4 will complicate things, but as long as you remember to account for that you should still be able to figure things out. It helps that it's been off all day prior to this, we're sure.

In any case, here is your vote count:

Alsark[1]
Apostolic Nihilist [1,1]
Glyphgryph[1]
Halmie [1,1]
Redwarrior0 [0,3]
Vector [0,1]
Zai [0,1]

Now then. You've got some more data. Does it confirm or reject your hypothesis? How can the hypothesis be revised to more accurately model the world if it rejects it?

Good luck, Good luck! Until we meet again!

The hatch closes above you, leaving only the sweltering sun and the swirling colors of the sky.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unvote Apostolic Nihilist.

So it seems like our votes are just time-delayed slightly. I think some people's votes will increase the <x> value while others will increase the <y> value.

For some reason, I seem to have a had a vote on me since the beginning of the day. The intricacies of this system certainly appear to be complex, but a good deal of it is likely scum just screwing with us.

Leafsnail tried to keep us focused on scumhunting rather than figuring out the mechanics and so he paid the price. I believe that learning the mechanics will help us win this game; he didn't want us to figure them out, after all.

I'll run through his posts and see if there's anything fishy with his interaction with others. In the meantime, it's probably best not to let the discussion die off.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 24, 2010, 07:34:36 pm »

Redwarrior, please tell us why you are asking for a MC out of the blue. If I don't like your answer, I'm going to hit Vector with a FoS. Both times I did this today gave you a y point.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Unvote Shades. Vote Alsark.
So unvoting Shades removed a vote from TM and added a y-column to AN.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You've been waiting around for hours for your next tablet. But the skies give you nothing, the ground does not open, and the horizon is bare. The palm tree has long since withered in the sun, unable to draw moisture from the sandy ground. With a crash, it falls over at last, exposing an electrum tablet in the trunk! Quickly you read:

By the time you receive this message, you will have but 30 hours to make your second decision, unless you receive an extension. As you can see with the vote count1 (and with only rule 5 inactive), there is currently a tie. That simply will not do. Please resolve this situation before the deadline, or we will be unable to take action on your will, which would be most unfortunate.

We are encouraged, however, by the progress you have made figuring out how to properly vote. We are sure that once you are used to it, it will present no problems for you.

1 Current Vote Tally
Alsark[1]
Apostolic Nihilist [1,1]
Halmie [1,1]
Redwarrior0 [0,3]
Vector [0,1]
Zai [0,1]

A bit strange to put it inside the tree, to be sure, and more than a bit creepy, but it's a votecount nonetheless.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

I hear a replacement is needed.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a tie?

Seems like rule 4 might control which column is used for votes that count then. Which actually would make sense if it effects what column a vote goes to as well.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile

No, pretty sure this is it:

Rule 5: If this is active votes will be counted on the y-axis instead of the x-axis.

It is inactive hence me(and my replacement), apoc and alsark are tied on one. We either need to trigger rule 5 or make sure someone has the majority of x-axis votes.
Meh.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

I hear a replacement is needed.
You're in first, so it's not me.

Decision: Not replacing, but watching.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38