Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56637 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Day 5 brightens, 48 hours remain)
« Reply #450 on: February 08, 2010, 03:49:19 am »

Also, LASD, what do you think of things so far today?
I think's it's just a decision between lynching you or Zai. And I know Zai is Mathematician. I don't know anything about you. Also, I'm inclined to say that it's likelier to have scum that can speak than just vote. Though this logic has failed me so far in this game.

And, oh yeah, sorry Nirur for falsely accusing you. Though now I'm weirded out by Mafia not killing day two.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 08, 2010, 08:19:04 am »

I wouldn't have joined this if I expected not to be accused based on misinformation.

Zai, I think I believe you. A no lynch won't help here, as I don't believe the mafia would go after Glyph or Zai. Glyph, you've been rather verbose when attacked this game. Additionally, your role is less plausible then scum knowing the roles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your claimed role was [random ability each turn] and "can leader both [Fictional character and world leader?] to victory". I didn't understand why you would have thought that switching to mathematician and artist would win, whereas your others won't. I expect that there was an equal amount of each type.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 08, 2010, 11:24:18 am »

A lead tablet hovers before you, spelling out in engraved script the state of the game:

Which shall you choose? Who shall be judged? As you can see from the vote count:

GlyphGryph [2,1]
Zai [1,1]

No Lynch [1]

The Glyph currently leads, with Zai tied for second with no judgment at all. It looks like today is shaping up to be an exciting day today, so stay tuned for more after these messages!

As you finish reading, the lead tablet fades from view, only to reappear behind each of your heads.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

unvote unfos

laSd unvote
vecTor unvote
nirur tOrir unvote
glyPhgryph unvote

Lasd unvote
glYphgryph unvote
nIrur torir unvote
Nirur torir unvote
Glyphgryph unvote

GLYPHGRYPH unvote

zaI unvote

lasD unvote
zaI unvote
lasD unvote

Neruz unvote
vectOr unvote
vecTor unvote

neRuz unvote
nEruz unvote
zAi unvote
gLyphgryph unvote
zaI unvote
Zai unvote
nEruz unvote

zaI unvote

,nerUz unvote nerUz unvote,
zAi unvote
laS unvote

zAi unvote
gLyphgryph unvote
gLyphgryph unvote
vectOr unvote
,nerUz unvote nerUz unvote,
vEctor unvote
lasD unvote

vecTOr unvote

lasD unvote
vectO unvote

vecTor unvote
glypHgryph unvote
zaI unvote
laSd unvote

glYphgryph unvote
nEruz unvote
laSd unvote
vecTor unvote
nERuz unvote
lasD unvote
zAi unvote
glYphgryph unvote

FOS ZAI

NIRUR TORIR unvote

zai
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oops, I thought I had.

FoS Zai.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (A developing chase situation, 36 hours rema
« Reply #455 on: February 08, 2010, 10:15:49 pm »

Zai - I think you're scum, but if you're town you're making a mistake that might cost us the game.

Vector:
Not even a comment on what happened so far after all this? Just a no lynch vote?

Neruz:
All things considered, i'm going to go with Redwarrior0, Redwarrior0, after some serious thought, his ability to mess with the rules is nagging at me.
This seems an odd reason to vote for someone who turned up town - he was acting scummy, thats why we lynched him, but you didn't vote him because of that - you voted him because of his power. Why is that?

LASD
How do you know zai is a mathematician? We just have his word on it... don't we?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LASD claimed his role told him that Zai was a mathematician on page 20 (Default, few posts per page.)

Zai - I think you're scum, but if you're town you're making a mistake that might cost us the game.

This. This right here. First you claim that Zai is lying about your role. Now you claim that he might be a misguided townie.

Fatal slip-up noted. Bye-bye, scum.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (A developing chase situation, 36 hours rema
« Reply #457 on: February 08, 2010, 10:42:12 pm »

He IS lying about my role. My vote is still on him. He's lying and he's doing it intentionally. If he is merely wrong rather than lying, it unlikely (possible, but unlikely) that he would have been wrong about someone else's role as well.

But in case you haven't noticed, this game hasn't exactly been straightforward. For all we know the scum have an ability to make someone look like someone else.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

unvote

LASD unvote

NERUZ unvote

VECTOR unvote

VOTE ZAI

DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry I haven't been posting... gigantic problem set, midterms, and a generally bad day.  I'll try to do this a bit later, when I'm feeling better.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems scant hours ago that the lead tablets visted you, but now as they orbit they have transformed from lead to gold. Apparently the alechmist's formula was a bit off, though, since it bears the distinctive reddish tint of rose gold. The words have changed, though, and you are able to read them anew as the motion slows.

As promised, the service for Toonyman was held in the chapel, and a dozen clocks were melted in his honor.

Now then, on to business. One claims that a scum has been found. Perhaps he is right. Perhaps he is not. But only the votes can decide who will be judged. And the votes are...

GlyphGryph [2,2]
Zai [1,1]

No Lynch [1]

Rules four and five remain inactive, and the others remain in force.

As we enter the halfway point, The Glyph is maintaining a slim lead, but it could still go either way, we just don't have enough votes on the field to tell yet. It's anyone's call to judge how this will play out. Back to you, players!

Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Cue Spooky Music, 24 hours remain)
« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2010, 12:06:15 am »

I'm going with GlyphGryph, GlyphGryph. He's backpeddling way too hard to be town. Townies don't backpeddle like that when the pressure comes down on them.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

As promised, the service for Toonyman was held in the chapel, and a dozen clocks were melted in his honor.

Huzzah!
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Cue Spooky Music, 24 hours remain)
« Reply #463 on: February 09, 2010, 02:48:23 am »

Yeah, bye Glyph, I'm very convinced that you're Mafia. Zai

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As promised, the service for Toonyman was held in the chapel, and a dozien clocks were melted in his honor.

Huzzah!
Good, you're back. Now, why do you not think Glyph is scummy enough to deserve your vote? I think you're still reeling from your plans being mislaid. If you truely still believed Solifuge was the one who deserved death, you would have brought up me defending her, and how very much that exchange looked scummy.

Zai, I don't think you revealed CK's role.

Third scum probably can't get his/her hands dirty by participating in lynches.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38