Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56640 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Suspicion!, 36 hours remain)
« Reply #345 on: January 30, 2010, 11:40:23 am »

How does the vote system work in this game?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Suspicion!, 36 hours remain)
« Reply #346 on: January 30, 2010, 01:47:27 pm »

The time has come, and you all begin looking around for the fine pewter tablet that will confirm your knowledge of how this world works. You search for hours, looking from the top of the sky to bottom of the sand. Only then do you realize: It was in your pocket the whole time! Taking it out, you begin to read:

No votes! No votes! Is this how you want the day to come to an end?

Apostolic Nihilist [2]
Glyphgryph [0,2]
Neruz [0,1]
Nirur Torir [0,1]
Redwarrior0 [1]
Shades [0,2]
Toonyman [0,1]
Vector [1]

The rules remain as they did before, with only four and five inactive. If you wish judgement to be pronounced now, we can move the heavens in the opposite direction.

Toonyman, you are quite persistant, aren't you?

How does the vote system work in this game?

First you vote in red, or FOS in blue. Then the appropriate change is made on the vote count. Then, at the end of the day, a person is chosen based on the votecount to be lynched.

Well, best of luck to all of you.

Having read it, you fold it up and put it back in your pocket, then turn back to everyone else to continue the discussion.

Edit: Alphabetical now. No votes changed position, it was just an ordering issue.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:07:47 pm by Rysith »
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (A lull , 48 hours remain)
« Reply #347 on: January 30, 2010, 01:54:18 pm »

As said before, we should take Shade's suggestions with a grain of salt. We can't lynch to confirm due to roleflips, either.

So far roleflips have correlated with what is on the player list in the first post hasn't it?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Suspicion!, 28 hours remain)
« Reply #348 on: January 30, 2010, 01:54:57 pm »

You're not helpful.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (A lull , 48 hours remain)
« Reply #349 on: January 30, 2010, 04:51:38 pm »

As said before, we should take Shade's suggestions with a grain of salt. We can't lynch to confirm due to roleflips, either.

So far roleflips have correlated with what is on the player list in the first post hasn't it?
That's not what I meant. I meant, Alsark could've claimed Lain and said he had an ability which reset the world to D1 if he survived until D3. Even if we lynched him, we wouldn't be able to confirm what his actual ability is, as only alignment/role name flips.

Portions of his role may have been hidden — he could be naive or even random (unlikely) and we wouldn't know from his roleflip.
Interesting that my vote wasn't attributed to ToonyMan, though. So apparently Neruz' power extends to actions on the affected, but not votes? Rather specific.

Redwarrior: I apologize. I completely missed that post of yours.

Rysith: Are there an organized group of anti-town players in this game?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 30, 2010, 05:04:18 pm »

I think that when we toggled rule 5 off, something weird happened to the player order: it's usually alphabetical, but now Neruz is out of place.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 30, 2010, 07:29:04 pm »

Rysith: Are there an organized group of anti-town players in this game?
Hmm ...

Hey, Glyph? Does world leader/fictional character have a special win condition, aside from the standard town win?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 30, 2010, 11:07:08 pm »

Yes, actually - it says I can lead both types to freedom which gives a win for everyone of those types. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like anyone else is the types I am, but I could always get lucky and switch later. Chances are only 1 in 3 though.

Actually, I was wondering - is it only me, and thus I'm sort of purpose for the types to begin with?

Or does anyone else have type specific actions and/or win conditions as well?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 31, 2010, 02:15:25 am »

As you stand, letters resolve themselves in the sky.

A slow time, is it? Neither the votes, nor the rules, have changed since you read our last message.

There was, however, a question.

Are there an organized group of anti-town players in this game?

Of course. Otherwise, what would be the challenge? You found the first of them Day One, though you seem to have been somewhat struggling since then.

Well, we'll be here if anything else happens.

Watching.

As you finish reading, the letters fade and disappear.
Try my orc mod!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Silence, 16 hours remain)
« Reply #354 on: January 31, 2010, 02:10:07 pm »

Nothing but the slow ticking of time, moving inexorably closer to the third judgment.
Try my orc mod!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 31, 2010, 02:13:21 pm »

Yes, actually - it says I can lead both types to freedom which gives a win for everyone of those types. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like anyone else is the types I am, but I could always get lucky and switch later. Chances are only 1 in 3 though.

Actually, I was wondering - is it only me, and thus I'm sort of purpose for the types to begin with?

Or does anyone else have type specific actions and/or win conditions as well?

A question that creates silence. Most likely cause: Everyone has a second win condition. Perhaps even the scum.
To answer your question: I'm an artist. If the majority of living players are artists, the artists win. I suspect that mathematicians have a similar win condition.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 31, 2010, 02:14:41 pm »

Is Apostolic going to be lynched?

Yeah, I'm Artist too.

I betting there is town with the artists/mathematician and then the normal mafia.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 31, 2010, 05:35:10 pm »

To answer your question: I'm an artist. If the majority of living players are artists, the artists win. I suspect that mathematicians have a similar win condition.
This is true.

And just a warning for the next day: I may or may not be able to post anything except my votes.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 31, 2010, 11:24:19 pm »

Voices from the clear purple sky, no tablets to guide you now.

The votes, and the rules, remain unchanged. Your time slowly leaves you, slipping away never to be returned from you. Are you sure this is your will?

Is Apostolic going to be lynched?

If the votes and rules remain as they are now, the Nihilist will be the one judged. Other outcomes are possible with other votes, or other rules. The outcome is by no means certain or predetermined.

The voices fade, the echos slowly receding into the depths of your mind.
Try my orc mod!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Judgment Draws Near, 9 hours remain)
« Reply #359 on: February 01, 2010, 10:40:19 am »

Night falls in silence, all quiet save your whispering feathery breath. It is cold and growing colder, but you are warmed by your certainty. With death comes answers. You will be omnipotent and omniscient at the final end of things.

A vibrant voice splits the heavens.

I see you strike again the lonely hour! Judgement falls upon the just! Judgement falls upon the unjust! But is it the just or the unjust who does the judging tonight?

Lightning splits the clouded sky and flickers blue fingers through the night's turbulent air. A vast wind blows, pulling at your clothes, and parting the heavens to reveal a hive of gears and belching machinery. The hands spin on a clock marked with a multitude of wriggling black words, though they seem to get stuck rather frequency between DEATH and LIFE. The din is like locusts, and as you cover your ears a linen banner unrolls to cover the clock's face.

Upon that standard is written:

Apostolic Nihilist [2]
Glyphgryph [0,2]
Neruz [0,1]
Nirur Torir [0,1]
Redwarrior0 [1]
Shades [0,2]
Toonyman [0,1]
Vector [1]

As soon as you have finished reading, screeching pulleys retract the banner. Lids flip open in the machinery of the world, spewing a smattering of soot and revealing black maws. The exhaust pipes belch steam; once again, the sky is cold and dark and covered.

The voice continues:

You have been silent, and your quiet does not amuse us. We have turned off Rule Two in our displeasure--or was it Six? We cannot remember, and it does not matter. We choose the rules, but you choose the sacrifice.

Shades! Are you prepared?

A sharp light illuminates an unassuming little man in a bowler hat and suit. He is smoking an object which is not a pipe. As you watch, his skin roughens and his arms extend. Long brown limbs erupt from his shoulders and chest, creaking towards the sky. Leaves unfurl, then buds, then blossoms that fall into a white snow on the gray ground. In their place hardens pale green knobs which swell and tumesce into bright apples.

The gleaming fruit falls and rots in the air. Upon impact with the ground, it splatters in a shower of crimson.

Now, with his death, we can reveal that he was René Magritte. Whether you will be pleased or not, we do not know. With the loss of art comes the sharpening of reality; with truth comes the raw beginnings of despair.

But now, night has fallen. Go and sleep and make your plans and make your peace. No one knows who might go about, away, or awry.

Lights in nine of the houses turn on. You depart to your nightly tasks.

=============
Shades was René Magritte, scum and artist.

It is now Night Two. Night roles have 24 hours from this post to send me their actions.
Try my orc mod!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38