Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16] Adventure mode input lockup at death  (Read 544 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
[40d16] Adventure mode input lockup at death
« on: December 08, 2009, 06:47:11 pm »

I, in the intrest of trying to kill everyone in the world, downloaded a fresh copy of 40d16, and generated a 17x17 world, with max 2 years of history.

I started an adventurer, and soon went off to the elves to start the slaughter.

I don't know what caused it, but none of the keys work anymore, and clicking the close button doesn't close. Not even the help button works, and it is supposed to work everywhere except the help-spam screen, if I remember last time I looked at it.

Edit: forgot to mention: The post-death "realtime" part was working fine, by the elf archer druid standing over my corpse, the only issue was that no input, keyboard or mouse, was getting any response from DF.

Edit again: Happened twice more. Both of these with the same character, since I had retired after a kill to check the legends.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:23:40 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16] Adventure mode input lockup at death
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 08:18:11 pm »

Yeah. This happens. You can get out of the game via the menu, but it'll only respond when there's a message on-screen. Don't clear the final message when you die and it should work fine.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16] Adventure mode input lockup at death
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 04:02:41 pm »

The game is trying to prevent you from doing weird things after you die, but apparently is blocking keys it shouldn't be.  This has been an issue in many of the dX versions, actually, not just d16.
Active workaround: The game will respond when there's a message waiting for your attention.  If nothing else, wait until the time change (It is noon/etc) but usually something happens before then (wounded creatures falling over, etc).
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries