Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Screampacks. Dwarves repelled, once again. Only 4 cats lost!  (Read 27534 times)

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screampacks. The first Phase of Bengali's plan is in motion...
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2009, 09:29:15 pm »

Yay! Armor! Shiny armor I might add. Now I can look pretty while I disembowel things.

Favor->Bengali: +10 :D

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2009, 09:39:17 pm »

I would like to point out that at this very moment, 9 Moonstone (I play ahead and write things up later), Amalgam is Grand Master wrestler... with 1337 EXP towards Legendary.

That is all.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2009, 10:31:14 pm »

Get him Adamantine artifact plate and have him swim through the magma to reach the magma man. And then he must tear it apart with his teeth.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2009, 12:52:01 am »

Swimming through magma isn't a very good idea.[/understatement]

Awesome you caught that though. The real question is: who did he strangle?

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2009, 04:11:24 pm »

Maybe they settled near a magma pipe so they could butcher and eat traders and dispose of the remains in the magma.

Or maybe they settled here so that they could dance naked around the magma while chanting ancient chants.

Or maybe they were sent by a noble who demanded !!!short skirt!!!, but they all died in the resulting "She's on FIRE!! experiments. 

You will never know.

Until, of course, Frogwarrior reveals all.

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 08:56:32 pm »

My theories are all leaning towards genocide of some sort. I wonder who the cats loathe the most? I know they get into fights with elves over ethics and the dwarves think they're dishonorable, they might think the humans are inferior and the goblins likewise. I could almost see some kind of relationship with the kobolds if they didn't have [UTTERANCES] and weren't vaguely dog-like. So, I'd say they're most tolerant of the humans, they won't necessarily complain about any of the cats' practices (I think) and they aren't likely to attack for no reason like the goblins.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2009, 11:31:19 pm »

My theories are all leaning towards genocide of some sort. I wonder who the cats loathe the most? I know they get into fights with elves over ethics and the dwarves think they're dishonorable, they might think the humans are inferior and the goblins likewise. I could almost see some kind of relationship with the kobolds if they didn't have [UTTERANCES] and weren't vaguely dog-like. So, I'd say they're most tolerant of the humans, they won't necessarily complain about any of the cats' practices (I think) and they aren't likely to attack for no reason like the goblins.

That's actually pretty close to the dynamics I've observed. Generally, the cats wipe out any elven civilizations they come into contact with really quickly, since not only do the elves whine about the fact that cats don't tell the truth all the time, but they're also really tasty. Cats generally steamroll right over elves without too much trouble.
Against humans, they sometimes get into some squabbles but only over the eating of sentient beings - other than that, humans don't really care as much what cats do, and vice versa.
Against dwarves, the civilizations rarely come into contact but when they do, cats end up getting slaughtered. As in, I saw one war in Legends mode where battles with A: 19 dwarves, 2 losses, D: 173 cats, all lost, were pretty much the norm. Dwarves just don't like cats, what with the eating of sentient beings and the torture, and such.
But you'll see some of that in play... :P

As for your theories, I'm not telling. :P

Also, pretty soon I expect to have a lot more free time, so I'll be updating more I hope - that and I intend to put more effort into each update. I've currently played through the whole first year but only updated through Spring, so... I got a lot of material. Although, a good bit of it was a couple seasons of not much happening gameplay-wise, so I'll just have to make stuff up.
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2009, 03:42:09 am »

That's actually pretty close to the dynamics I've observed. Generally, the cats wipe out any elven civilizations they come into contact with really quickly, since not only do the elves whine about the fact that cats don't tell the truth all the time, but they're also really tasty. Cats generally steamroll right over elves without too much trouble.
Against humans, they sometimes get into some squabbles but only over the eating of sentient beings - other than that, humans don't really care as much what cats do, and vice versa.
Against dwarves, the civilizations rarely come into contact but when they do, cats end up getting slaughtered. As in, I saw one war in Legends mode where battles with A: 19 dwarves, 2 losses, D: 173 cats, all lost, were pretty much the norm. Dwarves just don't like cats, what with the eating of sentient beings and the torture, and such.
But you'll see some of that in play... :P

As for your theories, I'm not telling. :P

Also, pretty soon I expect to have a lot more free time, so I'll be updating more I hope - that and I intend to put more effort into each update. I've currently played through the whole first year but only updated through Spring, so... I got a lot of material. Although, a good bit of it was a couple seasons of not much happening gameplay-wise, so I'll just have to make stuff up.
Hehe, cool. I'm tempted to start my own kitty fortress and maybe make a few changes of my own to the raws since I've wanted to get into modding.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2009, 04:59:16 am »

I'm thinking of uploading the new version (the one I'm using for this fort) tomorrow. There are some noteworthy differences... May want to check it out.

I'll keep the old download though, for the good people playing the succession fort.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2009, 08:29:44 am »

Excellent. We are steadily weaponizing. Soon it will be time to unleash our feline fury upon our feckless opponents...
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2009, 05:08:16 pm »

And everybody dies.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2009, 06:08:18 pm »

Hey, I've been busy. Planning, and such. :P
I'll have something up tonight.

Also, it's your turn in Screamtortures... good luck...

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2009, 07:22:28 pm »

Hey, I've been busy. Planning, and such. :P
I'll have something up tonight.

Also, it's your turn in Screamtortures... good luck...
O_o This is a succession? Oh well, I can handle a year when my turn's up, I've never done a succession game before though.

Also, good to see this is still alive. I've been eyeing this on the second page for a while and I was tempted to bump it a few times.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2009, 07:33:58 pm »

THIS one isn't a succession. There's a DIFFERENT Cat Splosion fort that is; should be near the top at the moment. 100killer9 is in line for year 6 or 7.

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2009, 08:14:02 pm »

THIS one isn't a succession. There's a DIFFERENT Cat Splosion fort that is; should be near the top at the moment. 100killer9 is in line for year 6 or 7.
DOH. I misread that. Similar names, I guess? They both have screaming, except this fort has less torture and more packs.

Or something. I don't know.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16