Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: A Line of Dwarves  (Read 17030 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: A Line of Dwarves
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2009, 11:28:48 pm »

i have a couple school projects going

My year will MOST DEFINITELY be done by this weekend.

And just a heads up, that red wall looks pretty nice

Why thank you~
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

deinol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2009, 11:55:38 pm »

quick question first: that obsidian portal thing, do we have to register with the site to join this, or will someone upload it for us?

You don't have to do anything with obsidian portal. I'm using it to archive our tales and consolidate the reports into one spot. Just post your reports here and I'll take care of them.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2009, 09:17:50 am »

How is Banana going? Any progress to report?
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2009, 03:01:27 pm »

when i finish i will just update all at once

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2009, 05:41:37 pm »

Don't worry about how good the update is, the important thing is you pass the ball and help tell a story
Thank you based dwarf.

Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2009, 06:29:06 pm »

ok im starting to play now

I should have my turn done by the end of today

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2009, 03:17:42 pm »

As an advance note if Banana finishes today or tomorrow I may have limited access to the internets, so getting the save may be difficult.  I'll probably start digging into my turn late Sunday, so don't everyone go get antsy at a lack of response when the save is posted. :P

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2009, 03:59:01 pm »

How's it going banana?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2009, 04:48:11 pm »

i JUST hit late winter. I should be done very soon

Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2009, 05:56:36 pm »

Thats a good looking wall
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LOLWUT

Thats a really nice wall

i dont even remember why i took this picture, lulz

Milker goes secretive

Flooding wasnt going anywhere. I just closed it off and made the plot on what was there.

Made a really big stockpile room for food, finished goods, wood, and furniture since we didnt have big enough stockpiles for them downstairs

Double report. Fisher gets pwned by goblins and that milker from earlier goes insane.

I dont fully understand this picture. The goblins were attacking this guy for like 5 minutes and then the goblins just took off. The guy was perfectly fine, a few cuts a scrapes but he wasnt dead.

Id better make some bins.

Milker dies.

And this is a great follow up for that

He goes insane and dies

Another strange mood

lots o' mechanisms. If the next person plans to do anything with the magma, you will have little to no trouble getting things set up.

lol

even moar lulz

Peasant goes insane

Status

And heres the local maps(very big)

{*}NOTES TO NEXT RULER{*}

-We have NO wood. This will be a problem.
-All of my strange moods have required shells. HE HAVE NO SHELLS.
-I have done nothing with the magma.
-That peasant is still insane
-The stoneworkers are smoothing all of the bedrooms to make dwarves happier. Feel free to let them or stop it. Whichever works for you.
-You might want to make some more doors to put on the bedrooms because some of them are without doors.
-MAKE SURE TO TAKE PLENTY OF SCREENSHOTS

------------------------------

download -> http://www.zshare.net/download/70154806e8c58eb6/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:09:51 pm by Banana »

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2009, 08:35:07 pm »

Snagged the save, lets see what I can unleash on this fort.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2009, 02:23:14 am »

Wow! I was lucky with strange moods, then~<3

Anyway, we already realised back in my turn that I was in love with Deinol. I laughed pretty hard when I figured out.

And why did those other two guys go stark raving mad? They weren't the people who got, moods, right?

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2009, 03:19:35 am »

I would assume they were some how heavily involved with the ones who went batty over the lack of materials for artifacts.

My turn's report soonish, once I get pictures trimmed and pretty.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2009, 05:08:01 am »

1st Granite:

The reigns of power were foisted upon me this morning.  Not entirely sure why, up until now I've been unemployed, just like 50% of this fortress, 60 dwarf fortress, 28 idling in the dining hall.  Stupid idea coming out here, nothing to do.  But, now that I am in charge, lets fix that. 

First, time to spread the power around.  Our previous ruler Banana seems to think he can be both Bookkeeper and Manager.  Bah I say!  I have since installed myself as manager and am having a modest office carved out for me.

Second order of business is to re-purpose the majority of these dwarves who are jobless.  Beefing up our agridwarf sector by having a number of them take up farming.  Some of the more useless dwarves have been drafted.

Now, there are many exposed ore veins here, as well as gems out the wazoo.  It is a mystery to me why a forge operation hasn't been setup.  Ever since we discovered that magma pipe its been sitting there unused.  Begun a magma channel project to bring magma to an area to the east of the dining room, where a proper forge will be started.

12th Granite:

Just discovered our hunters are apprently badasses.  They chase after muskoxes and bludgeon them to death with either fist or crossbow.  When I inquired as to why they do that instead of shooting them, I am told they have no more bolts.  This ofcourse was said by one hunter as he stood next to a spent bolt.  Right there, right next to him.  I told them to re-use their old bolts as well as ordered the craftsdwarf to carve more out of bones.

15th Granite:

Elves!  Tree hugging cannabalistic bastards.  Lets see what they are offering me.

Wood and cloth...  I hate elves.  We commandeered the wood and sent the hippies on their way.  Have since started barrel mass production.

Goblins!  Ambushing bastards.  Mobilizing the troops to deal with them while all civilians are ordered inside.

Snatcher!  What the hell is with all these visitors today?

Well the dwarf who found the snatcher dealt with him easily, but was soon set upon by the ambushers.  He was a pin cushion by the time the military arrived.  They dealt with the ambushers, lost a couple of dwarves to crossbow fire though.  Need to establish a marksdwarf squad to deal with the green bastards.

20th Granite:

Second and Third snatcher this month.  Who pissed in the goblin's cereal today?  Its not like we have produced any real value here yet.

25th Granite:

More ambushes.  Lost another dwarf to the goblins.

And snatchers.  Wish they would just siege already

And a kobold thief.  That’s certainly different  Not sure where but there is certainly alot of yelling about him. On second though found him.  He stabbed a woodcutter in the head and ran off.  Guy is lucky to still have one eye.

20th Slate:

Mostly uneventful this month, except for that naked insane peasant finally croaking.

22nd Slate:

Migrants... Lead by a dungeon master.  Entirely naked except for the hood, cloak, and a pair of mittens... Why?  Its raining for Armok's sake!

Grand total migrants:
 1 Dungeon Master (thank Armok only one)
 1 Miner (Hallelujah, digging can go faster now.)
 1 Siege Operator
 1 Animal Trainer
 1 Animal Dissector
 1 Mechanic
 2 Fishery Worker
 1 Woodworker
 1 Leahterworker
 2 Weaver
 1 Weaponsmith
 1 Metalcrafter
 1 Metalsmith
 1 Craftsdwarf
 5 Useless Peasant
 1 Useless Child
 1 Dog
 2 Cow
 3 Donkey
 1 Horse
 2 Mule
 2 Cat (Damnit.  Didn't see the sexes.  I have heard tales of forts being drowned in cats due to a phenomenon known as catsplosion.  Will keep an eye on the cat populations.)

In other news, the magma channel is almost complete.  Soon we will crack open the magma pipe and have plenty of fuel for our fires.

15th Felsite:

It is completed.  Pierced the wall today and now sweet sweet magma is pouring down the channel.  Fortifications setup in the channel should also keep out the pesky imps and magmamen that dwell there.  Three cheers for the miners who completed this job!

On another joyous note, my office is also complete.  A nice quiet place to validate all those work orders I imagine future rulers will be using.  *Hint Hint*

19th Felsite:

Sigun, a tanner, has withdrawn from society.  Hopefully we have the tools he needs to complete whatever grand design Armok has fed into his mind.  He claimed the leatherworks.  If all works out I may have someone who can crank out some decent leather pieces for the military, atleast until we have a proper set of dwarfy metal armor for each dwarf.

20th Felsite: 

And he has begun.

24th Felsite:

A rhesus macaque caught and killed a one of the dwarves today as he was gather plants from the country side.  The locals have dubbed him Thosbutgusil, or Drillcopper in the common tongue.  I didn't know those monkeys had it in them to kill a dwarf.

In better news today, Sigun has finished his creation.  A hoary Marmot leather shield that he has named Omristadek, Wildside.  I find it rather appropriate.  Instructed one of the soldiers to pick it up and start training his shield skills.  The downside is he seems to have applied the divine knowledge to his tanning ability.  He can really stretch and tan some dead animal skin with skill, but otherwise he is useless

10th Hematite:

Been a slow summer so far.  Today humans came to visit.  Wonder what they are carrying.

[/spoiler]

Quite a few good things.  Bought out all their wood and booze, a mess of meat, and an anvil.  Looks like all that goblin equipment we've been storing came in handy.

15th Hematite:

My magma channel seems to have emptied an entire layer of the magma pipe.

17th Hematite

Halls are getting too clogged.  Had to tear apart former ruler Banana's office to expand them.  He is currently been relocated to the dining room.  Will remedy this at the first opportunity.

25th Hematite:

Civilian dorm relocation moving along nicely.  Should have everyone move into the new apartment complexes with time to move onto other projects.  Each dwarf has a room with a door, bed, and cabinet to stop the spread of everyone’s clothes into the halls.

27th Malachite:

Quiet month.  Set the engravers to engrave the smoothed dining room to make in as fancy as possible.  That should keep the dwarves happy for a while.

7th Galena: 

Rhesus macaques again.  No sign of Drillcopper though.  Methinks he has gone off to greener pastures.

12th Galena:

Forge area has been cleaned of useless stone, dropped into the new magma dump in the lower corner there.  Starting to setup some smelters and once I dig into that hematite vein and make some more anvils, a series of forges will go up too.

11th Limestone:

Dwarves!  Envoys from the mountainhome!  Atlast we can trade for some proper dwarven booze!

Grabbed some wood, booze, food, seeds, cheap cages, and a pair of steel corkscrews for future magma megaprojects.

19th Limestone:

Started training marksdwarves.  Hopefully we won't have to use them anytime soon, they can't hit the broad side of a forge.

13th Sandstone:

My tomb has been completed, for now anyway.  It is filled with the products of the new forges, 4 billon statues and a billon sarcophogus.  I would have opted for platinum, but we haven't uncovered much as of yet.

2nd Timber:

Minus one soldier who is on leave due to losing a toe in a freak wrestling accident, my marksdwarf squad is complete, each having achieved the necessary skill to shoot a bolt into a fleshy enemy.

3rd Timer:

A dwarf named Nish, a farmer, has withdrawn from society.  Wonder what this one is going to do.  He claimed the craftdwarf shop.  That's alot of stuff he is grabbing there.

10th Timber:

Migrant wave, dandy.  More mouths to feed.
1 Jeweler
1 Siege Operator
1 Butcher
1 Woodcrafter
1 Woodburner
1 Pump Operator
3 Useless Peasant
1 Horse
1 Cow

Now there are 85 of us.  Thats alot of dwarves to keep busy.

And the artifact is done.  Misastis, The Hazy Dunes, a groundhog bone bed.  I like it.  Its going in my new bedroom.

10th Moonstone:

Siege!  Those damned goblins dare oppose us?  The troops have been mobilized and are at their posistions!

19th Moonstone:

Siege is broken.  A number of goblins have been captured in cage traps at the front gate.  The new wrestler squad, which was stationed deep in the fort due to the high number of archers, decided to charge out anyway.  A number are dead or wounded.   Started to forge armor for the survivors.

Goddamnit, they also got the watchbear.

6th Opal:

Installed the some goblin captives in my tomb.  I think it adds a certain ambiance.

2nd Obsidian:

My term will be coming to a close soon.  Probably a good thing, I need a vacation.  Booze is becoming an issue.  We have plenty of plants to brew, but barrels are scarce.  We are very low on wood and copper barrels take a while.  A note for my predescessor, make barrels, make booze, wash, rinse, repeat.

1st Granite 305:

Attached is the final fort status as well as the current requests from both the Humans and Dwarves.  May the next leader do things wisely, or at the very least dwarvenly.

Humans:

Dwarves:

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2009, 05:20:45 am »

And pics of the fortress, atleast on areas where I have modified.

Top floor of apartments:
2nd floor:

First floor and main fort:

Sub level 1 of apartments:

Dining room and Forges:

Redid the dining room so its two long sets of tables with a single row of cages between the tables.  Added meeting areas to the tombs so that dwarves will visit the fallen once in a while. 

Booze is a problem due to the lack of barrels, smiths are currently making a crapton of copper ones. 

We also have a large quantity of caged animals.  Someone needs to make a zoo or something.

Oh and the next ruler should try and finish the foritifications on top of the red wall to make the marksdwarves life easier.  A second tower on the north side would be a good idea too.

Well that's it for my turn.  Would like another if the fort lasts long enough.  Otherwise, I'm in for the next fort when this one dies.  And now:

Teh Save
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19