Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 6: End - End of an Age  (Read 49126 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: Day 2: ...and Red all over.
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2009, 05:37:36 pm »

Er what?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2009, 05:39:51 pm »

There are easily ten sentences in there.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2009, 05:42:12 pm »

But a paragraph for EVERYONE?

owait

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2009, 07:26:40 pm »

Hey, Org, drop an extend request please.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2009, 07:47:41 pm »

Extend plox.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2009, 08:01:13 pm »

Thanks Org. One more to counteract Errol's end vote and we should have enough time to break the tie.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2009, 08:31:05 pm »

Just because I don't want to risk the day ending with a tied vote.
Unvote. Vote Rooster.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2009, 12:52:15 am »

A clerification: A request to End is NOT the same as an Objection.  You don't have to 'counteract' someone else's request if they didn't Object.

ALSO: if the deadline hits and I have not posted (because of RL matters usually), consider it Extra Bonus time.  Use it as you will.  Just know I will come in as soon as I can so don't be caught off guard.

Current Vote Count:
Rooster[3]: Nirur Torir, GlyphGryph, Org,
Nirur Torir[2]: Rooster, CobaltKobold,
LASD[1]: Errol

Not Voting:
LASD

1 Vote to End Day, 1 Objection

3 Votes to Extend day

Day is Extended.

Deadline: Monday, 9pm EST
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 01:10:35 am by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2009, 01:01:38 am »

Current Vote Count:
Rooster[3]: Nirur Torir, GlyphGryph, Org,
Nirur Torir[1]: Rooster, CobaltKobold,
LASD[1]: Errol

Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2009, 01:10:43 am »

YOU SAW NOTHING!
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2009, 02:14:19 am »

So that's Errol on the End, Nirur on End/Cancel/Extend, CK on both an Objection and an Extension, and Org on extend. Is that right? I feel like I made a mistake somewhere, but ah well. Dakarian, rules for extensions - You are actually allowed to both Object and extend? Good to know, in the future, should it ever come up.

On the topic of Day End/ Day Extend...
Honestly, I was looking forward to a lynch tonight. Which might in large part have to do with the fact my finals start at the beginning of next week, and figuring either a)the game ends, one less thing to think about or b)there's night for a couple days and thus one less thing to think about. I probably shouldn't spend much time on here starting tomorrow (since I never get studying done when that happens). Sometimes I think I'm too impatient for this game, or that I'm just running out of steam, but this time around its mostly just that I really shouldn't be here for the next couple of days, and I'm afraid with the game running I'm going to constantly feel myself drawn to the computer. Of course, I guess in the end its a wash since the uPick game I'm still not caught up on (and won't be till tuesday) is supposed to start tomorrow anyways.

:sigh: Curse my finals and other responsibilities.

So thats not good, but...
To make it worse, Rooster seems to have peaked out his scumminess - as if he's acted so scummy, so anti-town, there's nowhere left for him to go but down in peoples suspicions. This is the whole point, near I can tell, of trying an RiA - just exhausting people. I feel like the more the rest of us infight, the better the chance of him slipping away. So, right now, I need to think about why two of the three extensions were from people who are still voting for the person that was about to be lynched. I can understand CKs extension - if she's town and she believes Nurir is scum and rooster is a mistake, then it makes sense.

But Nirur, Org... what's up with that?
Nirur, especially - you request a day end, and then immediately turn it into a day extension when someone points out you look a bit scummy doing it, just so you can OMGUS them? Sure, it might - but it would have been defensible, and if you'd made that defense (You thought Rooster was scum, majority, blah blah) I wouldn't likely have thought much of it - but in my opinion, what you just did looks even MORE scummy to me. You just seem... Jumpy, very very jump. Especially since you requested the extension as part of what seems to be a revenge vote for someone finding you suspicious.

Org, why, exactly, did you extend? Just because Nirur asked you to, or did you actually have a reason? Also, lucky for you in regards to my last question, a paragraph for everyone is not needed. Just try to fulfill the intent and post a good sized block of meaningful content in a single post. 3 full lines, total, and I'll be happy.

Summary for the top part:
Don't be surprised if you don't see me around much, if at all, until Tuesday after my final.
This doesn't mean you won't see me around - but if you do, it is because I am doing something wrong, as these forum eats my time up like woah. I might make another post tomorrow morning before I swear off the internets though.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2009, 03:54:59 am »

Stating the obvious here, but Nirur is plotting something, vote-flopping and oodles upon oodles of stuff. No. This is past my tolerance of WIFOM and all that stuff. If you are town, you will agree that lynching you is the best way of knowing the truth. Or are you, coincidentially, the doctor, scumbag?

Vote Nirur.

Still keeping an eye on [color]Rooster[/color].
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2009, 03:56:56 am »

Wait, that was supposed to be Rooster.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2009, 08:00:16 am »

I can't believe I did something usefull, and the first person (and only) I voted "today" is fliping out (like fliping out being a nervous state)

I had advice from dakarian how to put what I did to good use (Look what I did. I provoked ya'll! And Nirur came up! He's so passive. AND (S)HE'S SAVING (HER)HIS ASS! Well at least tries)

Hey there Nirur. You're extremely nervous by Cobalt(shouldn't this be a D?) Kobold's questions.
A day end opportunity shows up and you grab it (Errol you too!).
While I actually understand that, It seems that was to kick my ass.
Actually yesterday I was like meh. I could vote day extension, but whatever I give up.
But I'm still alive so...

I'd vote you Nirur but I'm already voting.
So Org I'm going socrates here:
Why do you think I'm scummy?
Because I tried to be kinda like you, then doing something else?
Don't you think voting for impostor is hipocritical?
(Well you actually fell for it...haha)
Nirur is the passive one (right now lol.) right?
Do you have free time now? (btw :) )
Which of us two deserves voting more?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2009, 08:44:57 am »

As I said, I voted end because I felt the discussion was over. This revived the discussion, so I voted for an extension.

Stating the obvious here, but Nirur is plotting something, vote-flopping and oodles upon oodles of stuff. No. This is past my tolerance of WIFOM and all that stuff. If you are town, you will agree that lynching you is the best way of knowing the truth. Or are you, coincidentially, the doctor, scumbag?

Vote Nirur.

Still keeping an eye on [color]Rooster[/color].
Vote flopping?

Rooster > Well, he deserved it.
CobaltKobold > What can I say, I prefer to switch my vote while questioning people.
Rooster > Anybody want to complain about me switching my vote away from a tie when I thought the day might have ended in half an hour?
Unvote until after I've had more time to analyze something.

I might be inclined to help lynch myself, but I fail to see how it would benefit the town if I flip town. I am quite suspicious of your wording there. If I am town ... lynching myself is the best way? Please elaborate.

I'm getting suspicious of LASD and Glyph, simply because they're not drawing attention to themselves in a game where most people are dropping many scumtells.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28