Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Miners interrupted by non-existent creatures + Unable to complete Wagon.  (Read 955 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

I recently embarked on a new map. I know that there is a chasm, a pit and a cave-river (all still hidden) and there is an open magma pipe.

Every time my miners go down one z-level to dig out my rooms, they give me the message 'Cancels Dig: Interrupted by Snakeman/Olmman'. Because of this, my miners REFUSE to mine out my rooms. The units list can't even see any mention of a snakeman or an olmman, and I can assure that I can see none of them. They haven't breached any of the hidden site features yet, though.

Another thing of note is that if the wagon is partially deconstructed, and you stop the deconstruction, you get a message saying 'The dwarves were unable to complete the Wagon', and it falls apart.

EDIT For additional notes.
The cave-river is directly underneath where I'm digging, but I can assure you that I haven't revealed it yet. Close, though.

Another thing I noticed is that HOLY SHIT THAT IS THE LONGEST CAVE-RIVER I'VE EVER SEEN. It goes almost from one side of my 6x6 map to the other! SO DOES THE CHASM (but it's not quite as long.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:47:48 am by Doomshifter »
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another thing of note is that if the wagon is partially deconstructed, and you stop the deconstruction, you get a message saying 'The dwarves were unable to complete the Wagon', and it falls apart.

I think that is normal since it's the same thing with any other building and the wagon is treated as a building.

The miners interrupted by non-existent creatures (especially ones they can't even see, let alone revealed) is definetly a bug. Try removing their eyes from the raws and see what happens though.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've reported the cancel-due-to-unseen-creature bug before. It appears to be caused by trying to dig staircases into a feature; somehow the dwarves can "see" through the rock into the feature, notice the creature, and get distracted. You probably don't want your bedrooms there anyway. :)
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

The wagon one sounds like this:

# 000859 □ [dwarf mode][interface][building construction]    (Report) a partially completed suspended building removal can be instantly removed when construction restarts
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=6981.0

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

I've reported the cancel-due-to-unseen-creature bug before. It appears to be caused by trying to dig staircases into a feature; somehow the dwarves can "see" through the rock into the feature, notice the creature, and get distracted. You probably don't want your bedrooms there anyway. :)
They had staircase that were NEARLY to the river, but I assure you after I removed their eyes (Every time I say that, I feel evil >:3 ) they happily dug out my bedrooms. I floored off the staircase that was one level away from going into the river and lived happily ever after. Except when I put their eyes back 'OH GOD ITS EVERYWHERE' they would shout.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.