Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Mystical Osiris RTD, Seventh Turn: Dance, Dance Sandstorm Revolution  (Read 9092 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, Sixth Turn: Ooh Shiny Killing Things
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2009, 11:00:16 pm »

Yeah I'm pretty much going to be sending the group in to see her after this turn. So if you want to look for armor, or practice a skill, etc etc for this turn's action, might be a good idea.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2009, 11:17:35 pm »

Changing my Action then  ;D

Look for some good body armor and a shield

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2009, 11:22:01 pm »

Repeat last turn actions!

Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2009, 12:09:16 am »

Repeat last turn actions!

Actions

I'm fine with you repeating this time around, but to prevent people from just rolling until they win. I'm going to limit repeats to once after, so if you fail twice in a row, need to do something else before you try again.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2009, 12:22:53 am »

Search for splint mail.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2009, 07:50:14 am »

Search for light, white robes, some assorted armor parts (preferably painted white) and a weapon that's easy to wield with just one hand, and concealable.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2009, 10:18:54 am »

Turn 7

Another few moments of searching the armory produces a few positive results. After digging through the items, Dragnar manages to surface with a shirt of bronze plates that covers the chest area and shoulders. He puts it on and takes a moment to admire himself in the reflective surface of a statue.

Neberhar and Gates have little luck this go around, but Melsina manages to find a very exotic wooden weapon. Adorned with two small feathers, this blunt weapon looks like a dull wooden axe on a fairly long handle. She hands the weapon to Gates after seeing him struggle to find something to use.

Darwishi and Paneb have trouble at first finding anything, and their search is cut off abruptly, as the acolytes scatter, and Melsina's metal form scrapes down to one knee.

From the shadows a strong female voice addresses the last two searchers. "I shall assist you, time is important to me." Two bolts of bright red light darts out from behind a statue and strikes Darwishi and Paneb in the chest.

Paneb's body begins to change first, with excruciating pain. The one-eyed man's skin sprouts small nodes of red stone. Breaking open, his outer flesh is replaced with tiny ruby gemstones. Starting at the neckline and stopping just below the waist, the new skin-armor covers the arms and hands, providing a massive boost to physical defense, as well as giving a strange transparent film over his muscle and internal organs. Experienced to pain, as he is, Paneb manages to hold himself awake as the stressful changes occur.

Darwishi experiences an even greater change, with similar effects. His skin hardens and changes into a cobra skin pattern, covering his body from the neck down to his last toe. The pain is similarly harsh, but he seems to handle it. As a bonus a raised tube on the back of his right wrist provides a stabbing weapon in the form of a 'spring-loaded' bone spike. By twisting his wrist just right, the spike extends a good two feet from the man's new arm.

"Time is ever flowing, we should make haste." The source of the strong voice move into the torchlight with a wave of power. It's obvious that a divine is a different sort of creature from those you've met before. Isis was radiant in her magic, but Sekhmet oozes strength by her very presence.

Neberhar and Dragnar are caught admiring their new acquisitions, while Darwishi seems weakened by his bodily change. All three are knocked out by the initial wave of power from the scarlet dressed woman. However, even with this effect her voice reaches your mind.

The two left awake manage to see the form of the woman with the lion's head. She is dressed in a long slim red gown, along with a webbing of metallic mesh over her torso. A massively thick spear tipped with a glowing silver spearhead is held in her right hand and she uses the blunt end as a staff to push her way through the scattered weaponry.

"I have a request for you to undertake, as payment for your recent boons." she indicates Paneb and Darwishi's new forms. "As you may have heard, my brother and husband has been attacked recently." The goddess continues and for the briefest moments, you can hear the strain and exhaustion in her voice.

The Feline Goddess of the West waves her hands and an image of a man wearing a sapphire-blue skull cap laying in a golden bed appears floating before her. A strange four legged creature built like a bear with a long neck and the head of an asp slinks into his bedroom, biting the man on the ankle as he sleeps.

The picture fades as the Goddess continues, "To save him, I need the help of mortals, since it was a mortal beast that poisoned him of free will." Another wave of the hand, and a quick scanning map-like image follows her words. "To the west of the city in the shifting sands, there is a cave with many of these beasts. Within one of the nests you will find a golden egg. That egg is the only thing that can save Ptah. I care not what you do to the cave or it's inhabitants, just bring me that egg intact."

Revealing lioness fangs in what you hope is a smile, the goddess addresses Melsina, "You shall travel with them and keep them on track. It will be a trial for you, and if you are successful, I shall grant you a new body more fitting a warrior." The bronze statue shows no visible reaction, but you can imagine that this is a great chance for her. "Use your power. I wish you all good luck."

Melsina responds, and the transfer starts quickly. You find yourselves in the middle of the desert. You also find yourself before an approaching sandstorm!

The transfer snapped those who were unconscious back awake again, but everyone is slightly dazed from the magical movement. Melsina points out a dark opening in the sand a few feet away from your position, and with the sands' rage growing around you, it might be a good idea to get inside as quick as possible.

----

----
Sandstorm!! End of next turn: -1 to normal actions, -2 to all visual actions, sand damage checks each turn.

-Gates

-Darwishi

-Neberhar

-Paneb

-Dragnar
---

Locations And NPCS(currently known):
- Sahara Desert

- Melsina the statue

Next Turn: I will assume everyone will try and enter the cave at the end of next turn. You can use your player action to assist that move(giving you a bonus), or you can use it to do whatever else you wish. If you do NOT want to enter the cave, be sure to mention such. But anyone staying out in the standstorm will take damage on a failed check each turn.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, Seventh Turn: Dance, Dance Sandstorm Revolution
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2009, 02:20:26 pm »

I'll head for the cave, stopping to assist anyone who seems to be having trouble.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2009, 03:38:04 pm »

To the cave! Not really anything else to do.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2009, 04:02:33 pm »

No armor? Aww... oh well.

Use my acrobatic skill to polevault into the cave, using my guisarme.

Not sure if it will sink in the sand or not, but it's worth a try.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2009, 04:44:55 pm »

Duck and head inside. Try to whistle a happy tune, too, maybe it will stop the bad luck streak...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2009, 12:03:22 am »

Aww, I was trying to avoid mutant freakdom...

Now, this is interesting. I, being part snake, now pity my reptile half-brethren...lets try not to hurt them if we can avoid it. We can probably wait till nightfall, when it's cooler out and the snakes are more sluggish. This is assuming they are normal snakes and not, ya know giant snakes. Or giant normal snakes. I can walk past normal snakes with my poison immunity...the rest of you guys...not so much?

Actions
Yeah, get to the cave as best I can with help from my teammates. Form a conga line people, one hand to one shoulder.

Cover my head completely with my cloth wrap to keep the sand out of my eyes. my precious eyes! Without which, I cannot see.

Oh Sekhmet..this could be a bad turn.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2009, 06:29:04 pm »

wow, it's been over a week since I posted a turn, and no one even wondered what the hold up is.

Are people not that interested in this? I've been debating setting an end goal after this current side quest if people survive, and putting it on hold then.

I kind of limited myself when I put the ancient egypt theme on this RTD, and I might have more fun and ease in doing something with no locked theme. Ala multiple world source.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2009, 07:12:56 pm »

I'm still interested. It's more likely everyone is too busy to be worried right now. And with that... I return to studying. :(
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2009, 08:04:43 pm »

Meh, I'm not invested in the game yet enough to fight for it. And you didn't exactly leave us on a cliff hanger  :P

"Move ahead to the cave, hurry! We can maaake it...

*10 seconds later*

well, that wasn't hard at all. Ah, a giant snake! "

EDIT: In retrospect, I would like to ask you to continue the game!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6