Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Mystical Osiris RTD, Seventh Turn: Dance, Dance Sandstorm Revolution  (Read 9108 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, First Turn! Walkin' in Memphis
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 04:03:51 am »

Seems like people around here are in a lynching mood...I'm guessing staying around the bar is a bad idea.

Actions
Hmm...examine the brass statue carefully, and continue waiting for the fake bartender who killed the real bartender and will try to poison us. By which I mean, don't eat or drink anything served to me here.  ;D
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, First Turn! Walkin' in Memphis
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 12:44:43 pm »

Ahh rolls for breakfast. Pass the syrup.

Actions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---
Dragnar enters the small shop in the alleyway. Bookcases filled with their intended contents line the walls, and piles of unsorted books are scattered around each corner. Finding a path through the books, He makes his way through the smokey and dimly lit interior to the back of the shop.

Sitting on a short table is a very old gentleman. Quite wrinkled and bald, he puffs on a large stick of incense as he quietly watches Dragnar approach. Raising one nearly skeletal hand, the old man stops the question before it can be finished. "Lord Thoth's blessings are not easily given young one."

Reaching to one side, the small shopkeeper pulls out a similarly small velvet bag. From the bag he takes out three cards, and places them face down before him.

The first card is turned up to reveal the reverse tower. "Hm, you have had major changes in the past, changes related to imprisonment of your own desires." The shopkeeper looks at Dragnar's face as he adds, "Changes out of your control."

Flipping the next card reveals an upright moon. "Your dreams are currently powerful, leading you to seek help from one who is not well looked upon here in this city." The elderly man ponders a moment, then turns to the last card.

The last card shows the shining form of the Empress. When the card is revealed a warm glow seems to slide over Dragnar's skin for a moment before it dissipates. "Hmm, Lord Thoth approves, Let the paternal guidance of the empress show you the way young one."

Gathering the cards again, the old man stops for a moment, and randomly pulls one final card from the Book of Thoth. The two of cups, reversed. Putting the cards away quickly, the leathery elder tells Dragnar that his friends seem to be in trouble. If he wishes to continue traveling with them, he should seek them out immediately.

-

Back in the Scarab, Gates decides now would be a good time to exit the bar and listen to the word on the street. However little can be heard from camels tied up outside, and there seems to be a distinct lack of people at this particular moment. He does however hear a large amount of noise, coming from the street behind the Scarab.

Standing up from the booth, Paneb also bids both women farewell, thanking them for the company and information. He turns to head out when one of the women lightly touches his arm. Placing a single rare silver coin in his hand, she mentions that if he gets in trouble he should head to the east side of the city and look for a black domed building. Show that coin, and they will help him. Taking the coin, the man thanks them both, and heads out to the marketplace.

Upon reaching the marketplace however, there seems to be a large argument going on. Making his way through the crowd, Paneb finds Neberhar standing and looking sheepish, holding a piece of silk cloth. Three very large Caravan guards have cornered him, and behind them a man with a torn silk outfit is yelling at them to stop the ruffian.

From Neberhar's point of view, he entered the market with the intent on getting a map. No matter what it took. Searching for a few moments he turned up nothing. A decent stall selling writing equipment is hard to come by in a city where most people can't read.

Deciding a more brash option, he slid behind a large pile of baskets, trying to find one that held cloth he could describe a map upon if nothing else. Finding a decent sized piece of silk, he seemed quite pleased with himself. Grabbing it, he pulled, finding resistance, he pulled harder. Eventually it ripped, and he tumbled back through the baskets, having a few of them fall on him. That's when Neberhar realized the cloth was being worn by the merchant as the other man sat in the shade of his baskets.

The merchant quickly rose to anger at seeing what Neberhar held in his hands, and the state of his clothing. Releasing a short whistle, the three hired thugs came around the corner ready for trouble.

Each of the three guards are shirtless, wearing large baggy silk pants, and a cloth belt holding the hilt of at least one hidden weapon each. They are bare-footed, but seem not to care about the heat of the sands.

The first guard advances, ready to try and pummel Neberhar into a meaty lump. However this particular guard wasn't thinking about the baskets rolling around. One of the scattered reed objects gets caught up in the guard's legs, causing him to fall backwards and thump hard against the packed sand ground.

The second however has no such trouble, easily leaping over one of the parcels rolling about, he aims a powerful uppercut at Neberhar's gut. Be it luck or skill, the unfortunate party member manages to twist out of the way, gaining only a light bruise on his left side from the strike.

Planning to strike with force as well, the last guard sees Neberhar twist away out of his reach, so instead pulls a large metallic-looking club with a rounded end out of his waist sash and prepares to put it to good use.

While this is all happening, the insulted merchant is yelling "Thief! Ruffian! Rogue! Outlaw!" And while Neberhar is occupied with keeping his skin intact, Paneb makes out the sound of metal armor moving closer to the location.

-

Meanwhile, back in the silence of the bar, Darwishi takes his time examining the statue. Nothing really comes to mind as far as he can tell. The statue is crafted from bronze or brass, into the shape of a woman wearing a two piece cloth wrap(also out of bronze), that leaves her shoulders bare, as well as a good amount of thigh. Quite risque for what you've seen of women in this city.

Darwishi leans in closer hoping to learn more, when a quiet metalic sound seems to echo about the bar. Stunned, Darwishi leaps back. The statue just blinked.

However, before anything can be done, a man with the distinct look of a warrior, clad in bronze plated link armor bearing the symbol of a Djed pushes his way out of a booth, and apologizes to his companion loud enough for Darwishi to hear. The guard apparently has been summoned because of an incident in the market nearby. Picking up a wicked looking stone spear, the warrior rushes from the building.

--------------
-Gates
-Darwishi
-Neberhar
-Paneb
-Dragnar

Locations(currently known):
-The City of Memphis
-The Golden Scarab
-The Memphis Market
-Shop of Thoth

NPCS:
- Statue
- Guard 1
- Guard 2
- Guard 3
- outraged merchant
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, Second Turn! Memphis Market Mess
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 01:43:26 pm »

I will thank the man, and then run to the marketplace to try and break up the fight.

I don't remember nearly as many Egyptian myths as I thought I did...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 01:52:07 pm »

Help break up the fight.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 12:43:39 am »

Don't mind Darwishi, he's a just a crazy old man who talks to statues!

Actions
Try to communicate with her subtly, ask is she will help me in my quest. This is assuming she can talk, being a statue. If I don't get anything out of her, ask some of the locals about it, see if there any myths relating to origin of this particular statue, or where the owner of the bar is so I can ask him where he bought it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 01:48:15 am »

Flee.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 10:35:42 am »

Just waiting on Errol now. I'll give him the rest of the day to post his action before I put him on AI for the turn. But hopefully he will post before then.

How are people liking things so far? Any complaints? Suggestions? Maybe even praise?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 11:35:18 am »

I like it, its about time someone did an RTD about Egypt :)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 12:39:32 pm »

Whoop de doop, sorry.

Engage in pickpocketing.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 02:23:56 pm »

I would praise you Haika, for a fairly original concept and what will likely be a awesome game, but then I would be forgetting you are the GM, and the GM is the ENEMY that must be defeated to WIN. VICTORY OR DEATH!

Oh shi...*rocks fall everyone dies*

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 04:11:49 pm »

Glad everyone is enjoying things. :) Working on the rolls now, and let me tell you.

This turn will make the last one look downright calm. 3 overshoots, and one critical fail. Oh, and another background 6 roll.

Might take me a bit to figure out exactly how I'm going to handle the mayhem.

I'll tell you this much now, someone looses a hand, and another almost ends up in the Nile.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 06:37:48 pm »

Turn 3
Whew, that took longer than I thought. Enjoy the carnage.

These rolls just tore you up this turn. Lets hope Karma allows for some more 4's and 5's next turn.

I don't think the market will be a good place to return to any time soon, but maybe you can find an eyepatch store by the river...

Actions:

Darwishi just can't manage to communicate properly with the statue woman. She blinks again, and seems to be watching him, but doesn't speak. Looking closer, He finds that the woman has gaps in her metal construction to allow for movement of the arms and legs, but other than her eyes, her head seems to be a solid piece of cast metal.

He looks around the building trying to find someone who might know what her story is, but is distracted by the sight of his companions outside.

Neberhar comes running full speed down the street running into people, picking himself up and continuing on in a panic. Dragnar is also spotted walking fairly calmly back to the building while rubbing his shoulder. Shortly after the quiet of the bar is shattered by the agonized scream of Paneb. The young man is fully visible through the Golden Scarab's doorway as he kneels in the street with blood streaming down his face. As if that wasn't bad enough, Darwishi then sees Gates stagger through and fall into a sitting position against the Scarab's doorframe, his wrist spouting blood.

What in the world is going on?!?

Well, funny you should ask, as a few moments earlier:
~

Dragnar thanks the elderly man and quickly makes his way from the temple/shop. Running like a scared roadrunner, he dashes to the marketplace and arrives right as the caravan guards prepare to strike again against his companion.

Paneb spots the newly blessed man arriving and waves him over. Quickly explaining the situation as it is known, the two begin to work in unison to stop the fighting.

Blending into the crowd they move off in different directions. As more and more people begin to gather and watch the incident. A sudden shout comes from somewhere in the crowd, "HEY!? Those guards are from Tell Basta!" The name of a lower Egyptian city starts a low rumble in the crowd. This grows in strength as another male voice adds fuel to the fire, "Maybe they are the ones who tried to kill Lord Ptah?!" With this the mob begins to get violent, a rock darts out from one shaded corner of the street and hits the Merchant who was yelling for more help. The dark skinned trader topples over from the impact and doesn't get up. "I heard Bastet joined forces with Osiris, they must be plotting against us!" This last comment is enough to turn the whole street into a rampaging mass of anger, noise, and flying projectiles.

The attempt at stopping the current fight was successful at least, as the merchant is down, and the guards are occupied with the mob. Neberhar manages to quickly slip away in the confusion. As he disappears from sight, Dragnar manages to extricate himself from the angry mass with only a few bruises. A slight glow in his eyes fades a bit, as some of the power of his blessing is used up in keeping him safe.

Paneb however isn't as lucky in his exit strategy. Dodging the first thrown rock easily he unfortunately slips in the dust of the street, landing on his face he takes some small cuts to his hands by reflexively trying to brace his fall. Rest assured however, laying down in the middle of a riot is a BAD idea. And Paneb knows this, crawling to his feet he begins to run in a panic towards the Scarab.

Breaking away, Paneb finally reaches the much less crowded street, Thinking himself safe he glances over his shoulder to look back the way he came. This turns out to be a very unfortunate choice. A small fruit was forcibly ejected from a traveling merchant's shop as two of the caravan guards were thrown into it.

The flying fruit is covered in needles, and it impacts quite viciously with Paneb's left eye. His screams howl into the city as the needles deeply puncture his visual organ. Dropping momentarily to his knees from the pain, the man grits his teeth and yanks the offending fruit out. A gush of blood covers the left side of his face, and a quick glance at the cactus fruit shows that not all the needles came free. With willpower that could rival the god's themselves, Paneb manages to stay conscious, but the pain is immense and he is bleeding heavily.

Undaunted by these events Gates decides that the current chaos is a great time to practice slipping his fingers around random pouches. He spots a fat merchant with a visible pouch on his sash in the crowd and makes his move. However, his action is unsteady and overeager. The merchant notices almost immediately, and latches on to the unsuccessful pickpocket's arm. With a roar the merchant pulls a long blade from his other side, intent on claming his own revenge for thieves trying to target his hard earned marks.

Try as he might Gates is firmly held in the large man's grasp, and is forced to watch almost in slow motion as the blade comes down. Fortunately for the trapped man, the cutting edge isn't as sharp as it should be, and while it slices well into Gates' wrist, it deflects slightly on the bone, resisting the slice just enough to keep from completely removing the hand. The merchant releases him and shoves him to the ground. Sliding a cloth along his sword, he cleans off Gates' blood, before stomping away.

Fighting the pain and clutching the mostly severed hand, Gates manages to stay awake, and drags his pained and bleeding form back to the Golden Scarab. Collapsing against the door frame, he tries desperately to stay aware.

Meanwhile, Neberhar runs blindly through the city, shoving people aside, and quickly loosing any pursuit or sight of the market. He fails to notice the slight downward slope of the ground or when the sand changes to man-made blocks. He does notice however when he rounds a corner and sees nothing but murky river water ahead of him.

Digging his heels in and waving his arms franticly, Neberhar fails to stop his forward momentum. With a loud crash a wooden railing breaks and the man is launched straight for a watery dip. In a moment of extreme luck and desperation he manages to latch onto the broken railing. Heart beating in his ears, Neberhar collects himself as he dangles. His sandals are lost to the dark waters of the great river below him, but he's only wet up to his ankles.

----
-Gates
-Darwishi
-Neberhar
-Paneb
-Dragnar

Locations(currently known):
-The City of Memphis
-The Golden Scarab
-The Memphis Market
-A large building near the river
-The Great River

NPCS:
- Statue

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Osiris RTD, Sitck a Needle in Your Eye...
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 08:14:03 pm »

That was definetly a bit of bad luck for me.

Find someone to give me medical attention or at least try to stop the bleeding

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 08:36:57 pm »

Wow...we're having riots already! That's a good sign, at the very least the chaos will cover our comings and goings.

Thunder lost an eye, we could use that to intimidate people. "Paneb? Oh, the eye. He got shot with an arrow while fighting an hundred howling jackal demons with his bare hands-he pulled out the arrow and swallowed the eye...what, why are you running?"

Actions
Thunderclan, most healers back then were also priests-I'll help carry you to nearest temple, apologizing to the statue woman and telling her I will be back soon.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 08:44:31 pm »

I will meditate on the teachings of Thoth, attempting to gain some small magic

I can't really remember how magic worked in Egyptian myths, other than healing(wrong god for that) what else was it used for?

Also, I try to stop a fight, and end up with skill in causing riots... Strange, but that could come in handy, few things make better cover than a good riot.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6